KHI-MCT-LHR with Oman Air

Forum for sharing world aviation photos.
Moin
Registered Member

KHI-MCT-LHR with Oman Air

Post by Moin »

This time I decided to try out Oman Air to LHR. As it is QR, EY and EK were full and considerably more expensive. Took a good number of pics which hopefully should give everyone an experience of flying J class with WY:
The combined F and J class lounge at Muscat, used by all other airlines that serve Muscat. Not very impressive and grand as the Qatar Premium Terminal at Doha:

Approaching A40-DB, our A333 to LHR:

Arabic Coffee with Dates:
Moin Abbasi
Abbas Ali
Site Admin

Re: KHI-MCT-LHR with Oman Air

Post by Abbas Ali »

Wonderful set of photos - Thank you Moin for sharing.

Interesting to see an Airbus A320 still in old livery of Indian Airlines.

Abbas
Dil Dil Pakistan... Jaan Jaan Pakistan

See you at:
Zulfiqar
Registered Member

Post by Zulfiqar »

Nice work!

Just had dinner and the photos made me hungry again!

Some questions / observations:
The mood lighting look a bit to garish in the photos, what was it like actually sitting / sleeping thru it?

Nice little bottle of vinaigrette, was it tasty?

Oman being a more conservative country than UAE, just wonder if WY serve alcohol?

its seems that the kid across the aisle badly wanted to be photographed!
Moin
Registered Member

Post by Moin »

The mood lighting only stayed that way for a few minutes. It kept changing color. It didn't bother those who wanted to sleep myself included.

As for serving alcohol, that isn't exactly apple juice in that flute with the dessert plate.
Moin Abbasi
ConnieMan
Registered Member

Post by ConnieMan »

Very nice pictures Moin, what i found very interesting is that Indian Airlines A320s have 4 wheel boogie on main landing gears Vs other A320 are 2 wheel mains per gear. Another thing that made me laugh was mood lightening, they are just too funny :hilarious:.
Zulfiqar
Registered Member

Post by Zulfiqar »

Moin wrote: As for serving alcohol, that isn't exactly apple juice in that flute with the dessert plate.
:)
Did not notice the flute at all.... i was just eyeing up the food.

Connieman, I have read somewhere else that IA's A320's had '4 wheel boogies'. Perhaps they fly heavier, and this provides better weight distribution ?
Moin
Registered Member

Post by Moin »

The IC A320's were ordered with 4 main wheel bogeys because at the time many domestic Indian airports did not have properly paved concrete runways.
Moin Abbasi
Abbas Ali
Site Admin

Post by Abbas Ali »

Indian Airlines had selected four wheel main landing gear for Airbus A320 aircraft ordered by the airline in 1980s to operate aircraft to/from smaller airports in India with weaker runway strength. Aircraft's load was distributed further with addition of extra wheels in main landing gear in these Indian A320s.

With upgradation & strengthening of runways of these smaller airports in India, the A320s added in Indian Airlines fleet in later years can be seen with regular two wheel main landing gear.

Abbas
Dil Dil Pakistan... Jaan Jaan Pakistan

See you at:
ConnieMan
Registered Member

Post by ConnieMan »

Abbas Ali wrote:Indian Airlines had selected four wheel main landing gear for Airbus A320 aircraft ordered by the airline in 1980s to operate aircraft to/from smaller airports in India with weaker runway strength.

Abbas
Abbas wouldn't referring 1980s would mean in early 80s Vs A320 made first flight in 87 or 88 which is towards late 80s. Another thing is, most of the time it takes 5 years form starting of planning/designing stage to produce first complete aircraft. So if Indian Airlines ordered those A320s, they must have after 1983 once aircraft was in planning/designing stages.

Thanks guys for explaining the reason why AI ordered A320s with 4 wheel bogies on mains, makes perfect sense now due to weight distribution on less strengthen runways and taxi ways.
Wasil
Registered Member

Post by Wasil »

:D
NICE!!!
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he did not exist!
FarooqKhan
Registered Member

Post by FarooqKhan »

A fellow sharabi \:D/ lovely photos, do kids get served the same meals or do they have meals for kids in business and first?

IC new livery stopped being apllied after AI/IC merger was announced.