To London on the Mighty A-380

Forum for sharing world aviation photos.
chaklala
Registered Member

To London on the Mighty A-380

Post by chaklala »

Sorry about the quality of the pictures, especially the interior.

Very comfortable ride, nice spec (the toilets are a marvel) and the ICE system is to die for!

More to follow

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Last edited by chaklala on Thu Jun 10, 2010 5:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
chaklala
Registered Member

Re: To London on the Mighty A-380

Post by chaklala »

Abbas Ali
Site Admin

Post by Abbas Ali »

Nice set of photos - specially aircraft interior photos.

Thank you for sharing.

How was passenger load on this flight ? Was it full ?

Abbas
Dil Dil Pakistan... Jaan Jaan Pakistan

See you at:
chaklala
Registered Member

Post by chaklala »

The Shah's pipe-dream!

chaklala
Registered Member

Post by chaklala »

Abbas Ali wrote:Nice set of photos - specially aircraft interior photos.

Thank you for sharing.

How was passenger load on this flight ? Was it full ?

Abbas
Totally packed on both legs of the journey. I did'nt venture upstairs on the A-380 but I was told it was quite full.

The A-380 spec is quite excellent, with the fuselage actually arching outwards to accomodate the upper deck, thus creating tons of room in economy and quite unlike the feeling you get, say in the A-330.

A very smooth take-off and cruise and the tail camera has very good resolution and is not prone to wobble like in other craft. And time flies with the excellent ICE system they have on board.

Something unique on landing back in ISB. Wild cheering and clapping by a group of young kids returning from America I think. Never witnessed anything similar when returning to Pakistan!

Will definitely travel Business next time
irfanjaffry
Registered Member

Post by irfanjaffry »

Upper deck is quite an experience too. Just 4 seats in a row in Business class offer huge space. Though the legroom/extension on the window seats are bit more than the ones in the aisle. Great back-of-the-deck lounge. Good service. Due to the curve on the upper-deck, toilets are a bit low for a person measuring more than 1.85 meters. But this is just a small minus. Due to lack of aero-bridges on some airports, passengers on the upper deck are sometimes asked to use the stairs either at the front or back of the upper deck to reach the lower deck and then disembark. With a hand carry and a laptop, this was a bit uncomfortable though.
All in all a great experience. Tail camera offers the best view of all the three. Very smooth landing and take-off. If you are travelling alone, go for the window seat. With a partner, only suitable seats are the middle-two. This is the only way you can communicate (if you want to :) )
Abbas Ali
Site Admin

Post by Abbas Ali »

chaklala wrote:The Shah's pipe-dream!

Concorde in Iran Air livery must be one of most sought-after aircraft models.

According to info available on the web, Iran Air had placed order for two Concorde Super Sonic Transport aircraft. The order was cancelled in 1980.

Abbas
Dil Dil Pakistan... Jaan Jaan Pakistan

See you at:
ConnieMan
Registered Member

Post by ConnieMan »

Abbas Ali wrote:
chaklala wrote:The Shah's pipe-dream!

Concorde in Iran Air livery must be one of most sought-after aircraft models.

According to info available on the web, Iran Air had placed order for two Concorde Super Sonic Transport aircraft. The order was cancelled in 1980.

Abbas

First, during a visit to London, the Shah of Iran reaffirmed that it was Iran Air's intention to order two Concordes, with a third on option. He said: "This is something that is finished and done. The actual date and delivery will be discussed later." (At the time of writing, several years later, the contract negotiations with Iran Air are in the final stages and the outcome probably depends more on political decisions elsewhere in the world than on the technical and commercial qualities of the aircraft.)
http://www.concordesst.com/history/eh5.html

Shah of Iran had ordered 2 aircrafts with 1 on option: (3rd from top)
http://www.concordesst.com/history/orders.html

I think most of the world airlines orders were canceled sometime in late 70s, i can't find those dates atm as i'm sure it's posted somewhere on www.concordesst.com website.
Moin
Registered Member

Post by Moin »

Its strange that IR chooses to still display that old Concorde model in their London office considering who it was ordered by. They probably had it in one of their back store rooms and instead of discarding it, they decided to display it because it was not there a few years back. They threw out all the other models which were in the pre-revolutionary livery. Someone I know once passed by their office back in 1980 and saw this rubbish skip which had a tail sticking out from the top and when he went and pulled the tail, out came a 1:50 scale IR 707 in the pre-revolutionary livery, all intact. He dug around more and found the stand. He and his friend carried it home where he has proudly displayed it in his room and he still has it.
Moin Abbasi
KZ
Registered Member

Post by KZ »

Great shots. I will try to capture a few too when I go to DXB in the next few days. I flew EK's A380 (A6-EDH), last evening from DXB-JED. They seem to be making good money by filling up these super jumbos.
chaklala
Registered Member

Post by chaklala »

Moin wrote:Its strange that IR chooses to still display that old Concorde model in their London office considering who it was ordered by. They probably had it in one of their back store rooms and instead of discarding it, they decided to display it because it was not there a few years back. They threw out all the other models which were in the pre-revolutionary livery. Someone I know once passed by their office back in 1980 and saw this rubbish skip which had a tail sticking out from the top and when he went and pulled the tail, out came a 1:50 scale IR 707 in the pre-revolutionary livery, all intact. He dug around more and found the stand. He and his friend carried it home where he has proudly displayed it in his room and he still has it.
My thoughts exatly. And no attempt has been made to paint it in the new livery either apart from that symbol of the revolution placed clumsily in the middle of the fusealage