Miscellaneous Pakistani Military Aircraft

Share photos of PIA, Pakistani airlines, Pakistani airports and photos related to civil & military aviation of Pakistan.
kamalla
Registered Member

Re: PAF F-104

Post by kamalla »

nd wrote:PAA TIGER HELICOPTER

What is PAA?
nd
Registered Member

Post by nd »

PAA= PAK ARMY AVIATION
yousaf465
Registered Member

Post by yousaf465 »

This buddy can rock'nroll which version is being ordered for PAA ?

nd
Registered Member

Post by nd »

PAF C-130E

yousaf465
Registered Member

Post by yousaf465 »

TAILWIND
Registered Member

Post by TAILWIND »

yousaf465 wrote:........which version is being ordered for PAA ?
Ordered????.....its a bit premature. French govt was all out to sell this 45 milliion dollar (a piece) white elephant down our throats, but lately they (french) are also having some second thoughts...... No orders yet, only a flight and firing evaluation by a pakistani team in France and Spain.....I dont think we can cough up so many dollars for this....
...This buddy can rock'nroll ......
Well all 'buddies' with hingeless rotors can and do rock and roll. Theoratically all helicopters can do loops and rolls provided you can maintain positive 'G' during the maneuvers, which is almost impossible with traditional articulated rotors, since the rotors are unable to 'pull' the fuselage at G less than 0.5. Modern hingless rotors, made possible due to he use of composite materials, do not use the mechanical hinges or bearings instead the composite materials bend, flex and twist to allowing a solid pull during maneuvers even at (slightly) negative Gs.

Here are few examples
Traditional rotor with mechanical hinges
SA-330 Puma helicopter (used by Pakistan Army Aviation)

Latest Bearingless (rigid rotor) system. See there are no hinges
AS 350 Equirrel (used by Pakistan Army Aviation
yousaf465
Registered Member

Post by yousaf465 »

but this buddy was advertised as cheaper than their American counterparts on wikipedia :-k
TAILWIND
Registered Member

Post by TAILWIND »

yousaf465 wrote:but this buddy was advertised as cheaper than their American counterparts on wikipedia :-k
Yes you are right. I dont know that tag price of American Counterpart (namely AH-64 Apache) coz AH-1W is not the same class, yet being in the US lap (WOT) we may get these under some assitance package whereas the Tigers or for that matter any french equipment is on hard cash

In my opinion, we dont need a new combat helicopter. If we can maintain existing Cobras (with some weapon upgrade) that should suffice [-X
yousaf465
Registered Member

Post by yousaf465 »

TAILWIND wrote:
yousaf465 wrote:but this buddy was advertised as cheaper than their American counterparts on wikipedia :-k
Yes you are right. I dont know that tag price of American Counterpart (namely AH-64 Apache) coz AH-1W is not the same class, yet being in the US lap (WOT) we may get these under some assitance package whereas the Tigers or for that matter any french equipment is on hard cash

In my opinion, we dont need a new combat helicopter. If we can maintain existing Cobras (with some weapon upgrade) that should suffice [-X
Yes after all we have a crew who can fly American helis, but for these tiger we need to train them taking a long time. Does these American buddies rockn'roll :wink:

Here is the price comparsion as given there

Code: Select all

[b]Cost
[/b]
The system cost (helicopter, armament, support) depends on number and version:

* Tiger HAP $35–39 million USD
    * Tiger ARH $36 million USD
    * Tiger HAD $44–48 million USD
    * Tiger UHT $38–43 million USD
    * (Comparison Apache Longbow $48–52 million USD[citation needed])

TAILWIND
Registered Member

Post by TAILWIND »

yousaf465 wrote: Yes after all we have a crew who can fly American helis, but for these tiger we need to train them taking a long time.
We donot have crew exclusively trained on american helicopters. We have a mix fleet from french, russian and US origin. French helicopeters have been and are a major part of army's fleet and majority of pilots, engineers and technicians are familiar and experienced on french equipment and technology.
Does these American buddies rockn'roll :wink:
Yes AH-64 Apache and AH-W can. However this is more of a show off and demonstration rather any tactical advantage. Helicopters usually donot need this 'rock n roll' :wink: on in their enagagements.....
yousaf465
Registered Member

Post by yousaf465 »

TAILWIND wrote:
yousaf465 wrote: Yes after all we have a crew who can fly American helis, but for these tiger we need to train them taking a long time.
We donot have crew exclusively trained on american helicopters. We have a mix fleet from french, russian and US origin. French helicopeters have been and are a major part of army's fleet and majority of pilots, engineers and technicians are familiar and experienced on french equipment and technology.
Does these American buddies rockn'roll :wink:
Yes AH-64 Apache and AH-W can. However this is more of a show off and demonstration rather any tactical advantage. Helicopters usually donot need this 'rock n roll' :wink: on in their enagagements.....
After all our pilots are also human they need to impress sometimes, even if it means some yelling by the boss. :wink: Any list of french helis in PAA i still remember one which I flew way back in 1990's a transport don't remember the model :wink:
TAILWIND
Registered Member

Post by TAILWIND »

yousaf465 wrote:........ Any list of french helis in PAA i still remember one which I flew way back in 1990's a transport don't remember the model :wink:
They have SA-330 Puma, AS-350 Eceurriel, SA-3160 Allouette and SA-315 Lama.
nd
Registered Member

Post by nd »

PNA ATLANTIC
PNA=PAKISTAN NAVAL AIR ARMS

PAF C-130

Abbas Ali
Site Admin

Re: Miscellaneous Pakistani Military Aircraft

Post by Abbas Ali »

nd, thank you for sharing rare photos of Pakistani Military aircraft.

I've changed topic title from 'F-104' to 'Miscellaneous Pakistani Military Aircraft' since topic discussion/posts are no-longer entirely related to F-104 Starfighter.

Abbas
Dil Dil Pakistan... Jaan Jaan Pakistan

See you at:
nd
Registered Member

Re: Miscellaneous Pakistani Military Aircraft

Post by nd »

PAF Vickers VISCOUNT 815