questions about google earth flight simulator

Share info related to world aviation flight simulation in this forum.
Nadir Ali
Registered Member

questions about google earth flight simulator

Post by Nadir Ali »

1) Can I add external hardware like control yoke and rudder pedals?

2) is it possible to download any add on plane or make another selection of planes.

3) how do you view your plane from the outside?

Any answers & recomendations would be appriciated

Thanx
PIA10141
Registered Member

Post by PIA10141 »

google earth flight simulator??? :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Wat's that??? :? :?
REGARDS--
Mohsin Naseem - PIA10141
Nadir Ali
Registered Member

Post by Nadir Ali »

if you have google earth also comes with it a flight simulator which you can activate. Not only is the scenery closest to the real thing, but they also immitate live traffic based on activity broadcasted by the sattelight. yesterday noon i selected karachi airport there were about a dozen planes at the cargo bay and 1 at the domestic passanger terminal and one at the international.

But here's the thing youre stuck with 2 planes one an f-16 the other some crazy stunt plane. Both are so hard to control. Thats why I wish we could somehow add more and fly a normal flight
PIA10141
Registered Member

Post by PIA10141 »

pics would be nice to see... then we could look further into this matter bro! :lol:
REGARDS--
Mohsin Naseem - PIA10141
zee757
Registered Member

Post by zee757 »

Nadir Ali wrote:if you have google earth also comes with it a flight simulator which you can activate. Not only is the scenery closest to the real thing, but they also immitate live traffic based on activity broadcasted by the sattelight. yesterday noon i selected karachi airport there were about a dozen planes at the cargo bay and 1 at the domestic passanger terminal and one at the international.

But here's the thing youre stuck with 2 planes one an f-16 the other some crazy stunt plane. Both are so hard to control. Thats why I wish we could somehow add more and fly a normal flight
is the flight sim good? Do u need a joy-stick or something to use this?
Cheers
atmalik
Registered Member

Post by atmalik »

nadir if you could tell me a little more anout this, taht would be great. Do I need to downlaod anything special for it or just google earth??
PIA10141
Registered Member

Post by PIA10141 »

I read an article concerning Nadir's question and it said that for now, there are only 2 airplanes availabe, one is a Stunt Plane and another is some Fighter Jet. I dun really think u'll see more aircrafts on this program as its not a professional simulator!
REGARDS--
Mohsin Naseem - PIA10141
Nadir Ali
Registered Member

Post by Nadir Ali »

atmalik wrote:nadir if you could tell me a little more anout this, taht would be great. Do I need to downlaod anything special for it or just google earth??

http://earth.google.com/userguide/v4/ug_flightsim.html

check the link above it showz you how to use google earth flight simulator if you got google earth.

The scenery is more realistic than microsofts as it's all from the sattelight imagary. I also believe they have live air traffic from real life that the sattelights pick up but problem is you cant really see them cause the choice of planes make it so diffcult to land at an airport and using a joystick hasnt helped much.

Microsoft FS would really soar if they hired google to set up their imagary.

But you guys are better off using microsoft. This google earth flight simulator isnt that much fun with those 2 tough planes...
Last edited by Nadir Ali on Sun Feb 22, 2009 9:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PIA10141
Registered Member

Post by PIA10141 »

^^^ :lol: :lol: :lol:

What we (FS Players) basically do is take the scenery from Google Earth and place it in FSX or FS2004 as that makes it even MORE realistic that Google Earth it self!

However, Rashid bhai, a memeber on HOP used another satellite program and made a very astonishing and bind blowing scenery for himself that totals upto 90GB :shock: and I must say that it's by far the BEST and the most REALISTIC scenery produced! :lol:
REGARDS--
Mohsin Naseem - PIA10141
Nadir Ali
Registered Member

Post by Nadir Ali »

PIA10141 wrote:^^^ :lol: :lol: :lol:

What we (FS Players) basically do is take the scenery from Google Earth and place it in FSX or FS2004 as that makes it even MORE realistic that Google Earth it self!

However, Rashid bhai, a memeber on HOP used another satellite program and made a very astonishing and bind blowing scenery for himself that totals upto 90GB :shock: and I must say that it's by far the BEST and the most REALISTIC scenery produced! :lol:
Well if that's what flight simulator enthuisasts do, then theyve done not much of a good job as the scenery looks rather fake compared to google earth's FS.

I think you are reffering to Rashad. the guy I invited who makes PIA flight simulator works.

Well he's done a fairly good job. But google Earth is so far the most realistic one Ive seen
PIA10141
Registered Member

Post by PIA10141 »

^^ Yea bro.. ur right... but we take that google earth images and place them into the simulator.. so it basically, google and fs simulator combined. :lol:

BTW, I tried the Google Earth 5.0 simulator today!! :lol: :lol: It was AWSOME.. but i want more planes.... :cry: :cry: :cry:
REGARDS--
Mohsin Naseem - PIA10141
captain_salman
Registered Member

Post by captain_salman »

Yes Rashad bhai has already done whole of Pakistan with original satellite imagery! and the most amazing thing is that he also placed real terrain to it, and even night lightings.....what more can we ask for in FSX! and i'd like to know more about combining GE with FS :roll: will it work with FSX? :roll:
See you at vpia.org
Virtual Pakistan International Airlines - The Wings of Pakistan!
Nadir Ali
Registered Member

Post by Nadir Ali »

I read that google created that as a first step to challenge microsoft's dominance in the flight simulator industry.
If they decide to stop competing and join in FS projects then we're likely to see Google and microsoft combining their programs.

Google could work on the scenery which they seem to be better at and Microsoft could design the planes for the simulator which they int urn seem to be better at than google.
atmalik
Registered Member

Post by atmalik »

Nadir thanks for the info. As for MS flight simulator, Microsoft has shut down quite a bit of its FS operations as far as I know. So maybe google can butt in now :)