Any B777-300 scale models availalbe?

Forum for sharing info and photos related to aircraft models from around the world.
Nadir Ali
Registered Member

Any B777-300 scale models availalbe?

Post by Nadir Ali »

I have been trying hard to find scale models of 777-300s in house colours. Mind you I dont mean 300ER. Just 777-300 like the ones British airways and KLM have.

i dont want 777-300ERs as I already have one in 1:200 in house colours. I posted it's pic about a year back.

I've been googling to find 777-300s in house colours but always end up finding 300ERs.

Any help on this would be appriciated.

Thanks
ConnieMan
Registered Member

Post by ConnieMan »

Nadir,

What scale are you looking for?

I haven't seen in any other scale except for 1:400 from Dragon wings!. I used to have it but sold it to a friend couple years ago. It's beautiful model if you can come across one. I'll keep my eyes out for it for you....

Nadir Ali
Registered Member

Post by Nadir Ali »

hi Sameer. Thanx for the response. 1:400 is the smallest acceptable scale for me. That plane in the pic is as beatiful as hell. I seriously wish PIA had some of these :(
Yeah a !:400 like the one in the pic is just fine for me.

As I mentioned to you earlier Hogan is planning on releasing it soon. If you can touch on that or find anything out, do let me know.

Thanx Sameer.

Im also looking out for your PIA DC-10 at a suitable price and the Saudia A300 in old livery.
Speaking of that, Waleed, a friend of my mothers in Abu Dhabi is an Aviaiton enthusiast and he once sent me an Etihad airways A330 1:600.
I'll send him an email.
As you know products are much cheaper in UAE and no taxes. Duty free shops in UAE are filled with scale models.

I'll check with Waleed.
ConnieMan
Registered Member

Post by ConnieMan »

Nadir Ali wrote:hi Sameer. Thanx for the response. 1:400 is the smallest acceptable scale for me. That plane in the pic is as beatiful as hell. I seriously wish PIA had some of these :(

Yeah a !:400 like the one in the pic is just fine for me.

As I mentioned to you earlier Hogan is planning on releasing it soon. If you can touch on that or find anything out, do let me know.
Nadir,

Are you on your meds at the moment yaar??

How come you are contradicting yourself and us on this model?. Make up your mind...

On the otherhand i did told you that 300 has less powerful engines and less range then 300ER variant!, so you would you want PIA to have less powerful and less on range aircraft?. PIA has 300ERs which are far superior then plain jain B777-300s....

Besides Boeing don't make 300s anymore as most of the airlines would want 300ERs as they are more beneficial all around...
Nadir Ali
Registered Member

Post by Nadir Ali »

ConnieMan wrote:

Nadir,

Are you on your meds at the moment yaar??

How come you are contradicting yourself and us on this model?. Make up your mind...

On the otherhand i did told you that 300 has less powerful engines and less range then 300ER variant!, so you would you want PIA to have less powerful and less on range aircraft?. PIA has 300ERs which are far superior then plain jain B777-300s....

Besides Boeing don't make 300s anymore as most of the airlines would want 300ERs as they are more beneficial all around...
I think there's a misunderstanding. When I wrote as beatiful as hell, I meant in a positive way. Meaning it's soooooooooo beautiful. Maybe I shouldnt have added hell because that gives a negative message.

Yes I know 300ER is more fuel efficiant, longer range & more economical. Raked wingtips, sharper turbo fans.
I retract my statement wishing PIA had these. But it would still look beatiful in PIA livery. Like I dont endorse PIA getting A330s, but still A330s would look nice in PIA livery. I remember seeing flight sim image of PIA A330. It looked nice.

hope that clears up the misunderstanding.

But what Im really after is house colours.