Speed demon added to the fleet this morning!

Forum for sharing info and photos related to aircraft models from around the world.
ConnieMan
Registered Member

Speed demon added to the fleet this morning!

Post by ConnieMan »

I guess i'm going crazy now, i just bought another nice delta wing model this morning, this thing is suppose to do 150MPH!! when throttle is wide opened!!
Plus it will slow down like pussy cat for landing!!!, i needed a speed trainer so this will now fill that space!...this one flies with Elevons and full computer radio!!!. It also have air retracts to retract landing gears after take off...

My Arrow Speed Trainer!!

Nadir Ali
Registered Member

Post by Nadir Ali »

Nice addition Sameer, looks rather pretty. Reminds me of the trainer planes being manufactured by China and Pakistan jointly.
ConnieMan
Registered Member

Post by ConnieMan »

Thanks Nadir, it's nothing close to scale but one speedo Gonzales for sure!!

On one end it looks MEAN machine but on other rather cute!!
yousaf465
Registered Member

Post by yousaf465 »

Nice addition.Does any of your drone affords a camera.
ConnieMan
Registered Member

Post by ConnieMan »

yousaf465 wrote:Nice addition.Does any of your drone affords a camera.
I suppose i could but never thought about doing it. I know few guys who have mounted camera's on other bigger airplanes and some had done same on helis....
Last edited by ConnieMan on Sun Apr 12, 2009 4:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
yousaf465
Registered Member

Post by yousaf465 »

ConnieMan wrote:
I suppose i could but never thought about doing it. I know few guys who have mounted camera's on other bigger airlane and some had done same on helis....
I'm thinking of doing it for last 4-8 years. I did had a few drones when I was young and had access PAF base Sargodha, but wouldn't think of camera then. Do they have live view on bigger planes ?
ConnieMan
Registered Member

Post by ConnieMan »

yousaf465 wrote:
ConnieMan wrote:
I suppose i could but never thought about doing it. I know few guys who have mounted camera's on other bigger airlane and some had done same on helis....
I'm thinking of doing it for last 4-8 years. I did had a few drones when I was young and had access PAF base Sargodha, but wouldn't think of camera then. Do they have live view on bigger planes ?
Live view, possibly but not have seen myself, i have seen guys mounting there handy cams on larger turbine airplanes and then doing full flight videos.

Btw these are not drones that we play with, to us they are miniature scale flying models off all sorts of scale aircrafts in miniature sizes, now this could be between 6' to 25' wingspans but still considered miniatures with relation to there actual prototypes counterparts.

Must have been nice to have access to Air Force base!!
yousaf465
Registered Member

Post by yousaf465 »

ConnieMan wrote:
yousaf465 wrote:
ConnieMan wrote:
Live view, possibly but not have seen myself, i have seen guys mounting there handy cams on larger turbine airplanes and then doing full flight videos.

Btw these are not drones that we play with, to us they are miniature scale flying models off all sorts of scale aircrafts in miniature sizes, now this could be between 6' to 25' wingspans but still considered miniatures with relation to there actual prototypes counterparts.

Must have been nice to have access to Air Force base!!
You can use live view, if you are able to hang a handy cam then a wireless can do the job. Here in Pakistan it cost almost 2000 Rs. (hallroad price).
Yes those where the glory days. One of my distant relative, who retired recently as Air Vice-Marshal, was posted there. 2-3 years back I also visited Risalpur that is where I saw MFi-17 in it's base.
ConnieMan
Registered Member

Post by ConnieMan »

Well i'm sure i can find wireless handy cam i could hook it up on my Constellation or Lancaster and do full video of the flight. These 2 planes are big enough to carry bit of extra weight on them.

Did you took any close up pictures of MFI-17 there, i could use them as part of my documentation as well in aiding my next giant scale single engine project. I'm planning to build 1/4 version of this aircraft towards end of this year or sometime in next year.
yousaf465
Registered Member

Post by yousaf465 »

I wish i had my Compact then. I did tried to enter the cockpit (Over joyed.), but stopped by my Uncle, as it's not allowed for outsider to go even that near. Will ask him if he has a few. All were orange/green colour. Also will try with Lahore Flying club. Even they don't allow to take photos ! but will check with one who has access. Image
ConnieMan
Registered Member

Post by ConnieMan »

Please do so, i don't get why such a high security about basic trainer aircraft that people has as civilian too outside of Pakistan, there is nothing high tech or special about it. :?
yousaf465
Registered Member

Post by yousaf465 »

It's a Air force trainer.