Latest arrivals - PIA 1:400

Share info and photos of all kinds of aircraft models related to PIA and Pakistan's civil & military aviation.
Nadir Ali
Registered Member

Post by Nadir Ali »

PK777 wrote:
Nadirali wrote:Btw The PIA 747in the cultural floral livery that was briefly used in 1999 is now avialable at Aviation world in Toronto. (Pashna or whatever it was called)
It's also a 1:400 metal die cast.

But considering it costs over 60 Canadian dollars I have decided to pass on it.
Really?! Havnt heard of this release! Could you get the make of the model and if it is a sample mould or a general release? any pics?
It's right here:
http://www.aviationworld.net/product.as ... 07&cID=646
PK777
Registered Member

Post by PK777 »

Nadirali wrote:
PK777 wrote:
Nadirali wrote:Btw The PIA 747in the cultural floral livery that was briefly used in 1999 is now avialable at Aviation world in Toronto. (Pashna or whatever it was called)

Really?! Havnt heard of this release! Could you get the make of the model and if it is a sample mould or a general release? any pics?
It's right here:
actually you said it was in some cultural floral pashmina livery - but this model is in plain green tail livery. I have two fo them! :wink:
Nadir Ali
Registered Member

Post by Nadir Ali »

PK777 wrote:
Nadirali wrote:
PK777 wrote:

It's right here:
actually you said it was in some cultural floral pashmina livery - but this model is in plain green tail livery. I have two fo them! :wink:
Possibly, but if you look closely it does appear to be in pashmina livery also the plane is limited to 1000 pieces wheras the A300 which came in plain green livery is not limited in production. It does seem to appear of Pashmina liver y if you look closer. I could be wrong but that's what it looks like
PK777
Registered Member

Post by PK777 »

dude i hav a larger version of this photograph. It is NOT pashmina! If you want me to prove it... let me knw Case closed.
Nadir Ali
Registered Member

Post by Nadir Ali »

PK777 wrote:dude i hav a larger version of this photograph. It is NOT pashmina! If you want me to prove it... let me knw Case closed.
I hope you're right since skipping this purchase I'm not missing out on a rare pashmina
PK777
Registered Member

Post by PK777 »

Nadirali wrote:
PK777 wrote:dude i hav a larger version of this photograph. It is NOT pashmina! If you want me to prove it... let me knw Case closed.
I hope you're right since skipping this purchase I'm not missing out on a rare pashmina
Its definetly not pashmina.. contact them if you want to be sure. I believe there was a sample Boeing 747 Pashmina made by Gemini Jets - but only one exists and its in the hands of a private collector.
samee380
Registered Member

Post by samee380 »

As PK777 says that is not a Pashmina tail. I have the Pashmina tail, but it is a Gemini Jets Sample model and very rare.
My Aircraft Model Photos: www.flickr.com/haq747
rashad546
Registered Member

Post by rashad546 »

it would be nice if these scale models were turned in RC Radio controlled model aircraft i would definately go out and buy one to practice rc flying! nice aircraft by the way.
R.R