Latest arrivals - PIA 1:400

Share info and photos of all kinds of aircraft models related to PIA and Pakistan's civil & military aviation.
mhansari
Registered Member

Latest arrivals - PIA 1:400

Post by mhansari »

Filipe_Santos
Registered Member

Post by Filipe_Santos »

What is the registration of the last 747?
mhansari
Registered Member

Post by mhansari »

REGs:

B742Combi - AP BAK
B743 - AP BFW
B773 - AP BHV
PK777
Registered Member

Post by PK777 »

Awesome! I got the 747 in 80s livery. It is indeed AP-BAK.. check the engines they are GE. There is also another version of the vombi with PW engines also made by AeroClassics.

I didnt opt for the Dragon Wings models od 743 or 773.. I brought the Phoenix versions instead.
Moin
Registered Member

Post by Moin »

Now all you need is the Phoenix 1/400 773ER AP-BHW with the Lahore tail and the Aeroclassics 742 AP-AYV. When you see the Phoenix 773ER you'll forget the DW.
Moin Abbasi
ConnieMan
Registered Member

Post by ConnieMan »

Last two pictures of BAK are just awesome, i have saved those as they look so real...thanks for sharing.
Abbas Ali
Site Admin

Post by Abbas Ali »

The model of AP-BAK in green & gold livery would look close to perfect with black nose cone.

mhansari I really liked the way you photographed these models. Back cover of a 1980s 'Pakistan International's Pakistan' booklet shows a PIA Boeing 747-200B model photographed in similar way. Here it is:

Back cover of a 1980s 'Pakistan International's Pakistan' booklet - Abbas Ali Collection

Abbas
Dil Dil Pakistan... Jaan Jaan Pakistan

See you at:
mhansari
Registered Member

Post by mhansari »

Moin - I'm in the process of picking up the 773 with the Lahore tail, and yes, I've seen the pics and the DW doesn't seem to stand up against it at all.

Abbas - thanks for your comments. I'm hoping to take some more pics soon - as soon as I have some time. I'll post them immediately when they're up. There are some on my album at www.flickr.com/photos/mhansari

Enjoy!
Nadir Ali
Registered Member

Post by Nadir Ali »

Btw The PIA 747in the cultural floral livery that was briefly used in 1999 is now avialable at Aviation world in Toronto. (Pashna or whatever it was called)
It's also a 1:400 metal die cast.

But considering it costs over 60 Canadian dollars I have decided to pass on it.
Last edited by Nadir Ali on Sun Sep 07, 2008 9:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nadir Ali
Registered Member

Post by Nadir Ali »

Btw how do i pay for model planes I order online?

I asked Aviation world if they accept cheque payments but got no straight answer. How do most collectors pay for items they order online?

Thanx
mhansari
Registered Member

Post by mhansari »

Depending on the seller, these are the payment modes that are usually accepted:

Personal Cheques (least common)
Direct Bank Transfers
Western Union/Money Gram Int'l Transfers
International Money Orders
Credit Cards

Most online shops prefer credit card payments or money orders, whereas sellers on ebay etc tend to be ok with western union/bank transfers/cheques.
PK777
Registered Member

Post by PK777 »

Nadirali wrote:Btw The PIA 747in the cultural floral livery that was briefly used in 1999 is now avialable at Aviation world in Toronto. (Pashna or whatever it was called)
It's also a 1:400 metal die cast.

But considering it costs over 60 Canadian dollars I have decided to pass on it.
Really?! Havnt heard of this release! Could you get the make of the model and if it is a sample mould or a general release? any pics?
Nasser
Registered Member

Post by Nasser »

nice pictures buddy. I have all the three models. Best one is 747 with 80's livery.
Nasser
Registered Member

Post by Nasser »

I have done all my transactions through credit card. On an average I pay $30 for 1:400 model. Usually I order two and pay another upto 30 bucks for express insured shipment. I receive the pack within one to two weeks in Pakistan.
Nadir Ali
Registered Member

Post by Nadir Ali »

mhansari wrote:Depending on the seller, these are the payment modes that are usually accepted:

Personal Cheques (least common)
Direct Bank Transfers
Western Union/Money Gram Int'l Transfers
International Money Orders
Credit Cards

Most online shops prefer credit card payments or money orders, whereas sellers on ebay etc tend to be ok with western union/bank transfers/cheques.
Thanx for the info :D