Air India Express tails

Forum for sharing world aviation photos.
himmat01
Registered Member

Air India Express tails

Post by himmat01 »

Each AI Express a/c has an unique tail. The motif on both side is also different.

VT-AXM features the interiors of Mysore Palace and Mehrangarh palace on the right and left side of the tail.

VT-AXJ feature the Golconda fort on the right and the Red fort on the left.

VT-AXI features miniature paintings.

VT-AXH feature the Gateway of India and the India Gate.

VT-AXF features the Taj Mahal and Konark Sun Temple

VT-AXG features traditional jewellery

regards,

Himmat
PIA10141
Registered Member

Post by PIA10141 »

ok, now that is great! from the time PIA launched its new tail, it made me wonder y they didn't do landmarks?? like faisal masjid, minar-e-pakistan and badshahi masjid?? this idea is good
REGARDS--
Mohsin Naseem - PIA10141
Abbas Ali
Site Admin

Post by Abbas Ali »

Yes, these are very beautiful tails!

The Air India livery with palace windows is one of my all-time favourites and I like the way they apply anti-dazzle paint below the flight deck windows of their B747s, especially the original black anti-dazzle paint which was applied on 747-200s.

Abbas
Dil Dil Pakistan... Jaan Jaan Pakistan

See you at:
PK777
Registered Member

Post by PK777 »

PIA10141 wrote:ok, now that is great! from the time PIA launched its new tail, it made me wonder y they didn't do landmarks?? like faisal masjid, minar-e-pakistan and badshahi masjid?? this idea is good
PIA should do that for its low cost no frills venture, PIA Express - landmarks makes the coporate livery look cheap. The provincial designs is alot better.
PIA10141
Registered Member

Post by PIA10141 »

PK777 wrote:
PIA10141 wrote:ok, now that is great! from the time PIA launched its new tail, it made me wonder y they didn't do landmarks?? like faisal masjid, minar-e-pakistan and badshahi masjid?? this idea is good
PIA should do that for its low cost no frills venture, PIA Express - landmarks makes the coporate livery look cheap. The provincial designs is alot better.
well, if you look at PIA's livery and these liveries, which look better??? tbh Indian looks better.... :roll:
REGARDS--
Mohsin Naseem - PIA10141
PK777
Registered Member

Post by PK777 »

Yes, but no major flag carrier of a nation does this sort of livery - it doesnt really give a coporate look e.g. BA, QF, QR, EK, UA, AA, JAL, and so on... all have one type of livery to represent its country.

No frills ventures such as Frontier and AIExpress is where they are more commonly seen - I dont feel it will suit PIA, but that my personal opnion..
himmat01
Registered Member

Post by himmat01 »

I love the provincial tails of PIA. They required a lot of creative art work whereas the AI Express tails are more of copy and paste jobs.
PIA10141
Registered Member

Post by PIA10141 »

himmat01 wrote:I love the provincial tails of PIA. They required a lot of creative art work whereas the AI Express tails are more of copy and paste jobs.
not really, they also have some copy and paste, from some chadars that are sold in pakistan. I have the punjab chadar, exact same!! :wink:
REGARDS--
Mohsin Naseem - PIA10141
AP-BGL
Registered Member

Post by AP-BGL »

PK777 wrote:Yes, but no major flag carrier of a nation does this sort of livery - it doesnt really give a coporate look e.g. BA, QF, QR, EK, UA, AA, JAL, and so on... all have one type of livery to represent its country.

No frills ventures such as Frontier and AIExpress is where they are more commonly seen - I dont feel it will suit PIA, but that my personal opnion..
Ok, lets give a chance to AirBlue and see what they come up with? But I hardly think they'll do anything like this but then who knows... 8)
Adnan
Falcon598
Registered Member

Post by Falcon598 »

Jetblue has a few different tails as well but, they all are just patterns/designs in blue and/or different shades of it.
Moin
Registered Member

Post by Moin »

Don't expect anything from PIA Express. That will be no frills in the true sense of the word. Besides the whole things seems to be a temporary thing and its might end up actually living upto its name of PIA EX-press.
Moin Abbasi