PIA Airbus A300 - AP-BEL gets Turkish registration

Discuss issues and news related to PIA, Pakistani airlines and Pakistan's civil & military aviation.
Abbas Ali
Site Admin

PIA Airbus A300 - AP-BEL gets Turkish registration

Post by Abbas Ali »

Just got following information from my friend Alexandre Avrane:

PIA Airbus A300B4-203 registration AP-BEL became TC-MCA with MNG Airlines of Turkey.

Aircraft possibly still at Karachi Airport though as not yet reported by locals at Istanbul Airport.
Dil Dil Pakistan... Jaan Jaan Pakistan

See you at:
zerbaer
Registered Member

BEL

Post by zerbaer »

This plane was dry leased, I think in 1993 by PIA. It was purchased in March/April 2005 by PIA and sold to MNG/Fly Air & Yildizlar as one of the 6 aircraft. Meantime one of its own aircraft (was it BAX?) was scrapped & sold w/o engines & other items, after Landing Gear damage in S. Aradia where it remained parked for over one year but was not retrieved.
AbdulAziz
Registered Member

Post by AbdulAziz »

Asslam u alikum

I saw that PIA A400B4 at Jeddah airport in Summer 2005. Is it still there or PIA took it back or sold it??

A.Aziz
Abbas Ali
Site Admin

Re: BEL

Post by Abbas Ali »

zerbaer wrote:Meantime one of its own aircraft (was it BAX?) was scrapped & sold w/o engines & other items, after Landing Gear damage in S. Aradia where it remained parked for over one year but was not retrieved.
The A300 damaged in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia, was AP-BBA.
Dil Dil Pakistan... Jaan Jaan Pakistan

See you at:
Amaad Lone
Registered Member

Post by Amaad Lone »

Well the best one is gone.

AP-BEL was built in 1983, and ex-Singapore Airlines aircraft, PIA bought it in 1996.

Amaad
zerbaer
Registered Member

BEL

Post by zerbaer »

PIA & GPA Group plc's initial lease agreement for MSN: 269 (AP-BEL) is thought to be dated March 1993 ! PIA made the final lease extension in March 2004 & purchased it in early 2005.
F.K
Registered Member

Post by F.K »

yes the best one is gone which effectively rules out the re-incursion of the b4 fleet in to pias schedule. this aircraft was marked out from the others of its type with a higher take off landing weight the crew feedback after flying it was always positive. remarkable piece.
other related news: pias retired 747 captains namely capt johey, aftab zia have now been contracted by mng/flly air to operate their ex pia b4 fleet. also a few others have left the cadre of pia whose carrier stalemate had been plaguing them on the fokkers with a grim future in the airline. the age limit in mng is 65 giving them all one final go on the controls. salary packaged are also in excess of 5000 us dollars for capts and i guess 3500 for FEs.
F.K
cheetah
Registered Member

Post by cheetah »

I was personally involved in each step of capt Johnny's decision to go to Fly air. The salary package is $7000. He is currently in Jeddah flying the Hajj on behalf of Saudia.
F.K
Registered Member

Post by F.K »

7000 seems like a lot. what was your personel involvement, it seems like he ll be drawing a higher sum on the b4s then he was as a 747 capt in pia. how cum fly air being a low cost turkish airline pays so much. and what are the salary packages of fos and fes.
F.K
cheetah
Registered Member

Post by cheetah »

I was involved in his job search. He had a few outfits to choose from. You forget that PIA salary for that experience is dirt. The few PIA captains flying for Air Universal right now are collecting $10k during hajj and then it will go down to 8k after. The few PIA over 60 captains flying as FO with universal are rakeing 7k during Hajj.
F.K
Registered Member

Post by F.K »

did he ask you to evaluate different options for him or what.. yeah what they get it sqosh compared to other airlines,specially with the drudged levels of fokker and 737 flights at the cellars of their flying carreers and then after assuming command the same rut afoot. some however have been lucky to pass thru faster. my uncle in JAS was drawing a salary of $10000 flying the b4 as a fe from pia. and another fo whose now getting 7500. air universal pays a hefty amount too, how come the 747 crew in pia doesnt contract their services to them taking a leave from pia.pia 747 capts flying as fos..how come..i assume that fes also get 7500 then, and what about the packages in fly air .are the cockpit crew salaries in parity or unevenly divided.
F.K
Saleem Hatoum
Registered Member

Post by Saleem Hatoum »

de
Last edited by Saleem Hatoum on Wed Dec 27, 2006 3:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
cheetah
Registered Member

Post by cheetah »

Yes am associated with an aviation recruitment consultancy.

No where are cockpit crew salaries in Parity. I am not too sure about the FE FO salaries at Fly air but i believe its 5000.

Air Universal works out an air passage agreement with the airline it flies for. All employees of Air Universal are entitled to free travel on PIA and Libyan Arab Airline network. Similar is the case when they fly for Iran Air.
F.K
Registered Member

Post by F.K »

Yes am associated with an aviation recruitment consultancy.
ok i might just need a bit of help trying to find my 747 rated father an alternative in one of these airlines.

No where are cockpit crew salaries in Parity
honey in jal ,jas and klm before they phased out their 743 fleet,fes and captains would draw the same amount. in pia ofcourse fes have made more over the years, yet over and above basic emoluments the pay is uniform. the ratio only applies to basic salary in a bid to reduce the gap quantified in their respective careers not including a seperate technical flying allowance that applies only to the latter. any pilot would second this calculation as this was the basis of the accession of the ratio clause before it was formulated in 1995 ,when fes were in enormous shortage and were all long range aircraft 707,b4,747.
F.K