My trip report LHE-KHI on Airblue A 320

Discuss issues and news related to PIA, Pakistani airlines and Pakistan's civil & military aviation.
behramjee
Registered Member

My trip report LHE-KHI on Airblue A 320

Post by behramjee »

Nov 10th ED 203 dep LHE @ 1030am

Aircraft : A 320

Flight load : J and Y class sold out 100%...not a single seat empty

Overall experience of Airblue : B+ grade...it would have been "A" if they had a TV in every seat

Fare : RS 4060 one way LHE-KHI all taxes inclusive

Cabin Crew service : A+ ...top notch, very impressive

Cabin Crew fluency in English : A grade

Cabin Crew fluency in Urdu : A+

Inflight meal : I dont eat plane food

Brief report :

With Airblue you can feel that this is an airline that is bound to succeed if it has sponsors with deep financial pockets. I have never experienced a better DOMESTIC flight in Pakistan and mind u Ive flown many times PIA and Aero Asia and they do not come remotely close to the standards of Airblue especially that hopeless airline i.e. Aero Asia!!!

What surprised me the most was that everyone on EDs flight was DRESSED WELL...none of that driver-working class-labor market crowd...everyone was looking very professional and business like which really caught my eye and it just shows how they have captured a niche market amongst Pakistan's middle class society.

The cleanliness of the plane (NO PIA BIRYANI SMELL THANK GOD) as well as the looks of the seat-cabin was very impressive as was the size of the Business class seat...mind u I flew Economy!!! The cabin crew-all female were vvv polite, helpful and caring and their fluency in english was very pleasing to see.

The size of the Economy class seat was 32 inches (seat pitch).

On the whole, an airline with massive potential to do well and one that will definitely see a lot of business from me and my family for years to come. Infact my family have flown KHI-LHE/ISB-KHI 4 times in the last 5 months and 3 were on ED and 1 on PIA...they prefer ED anyday of the week.
AP-BGL
Registered Member

Post by AP-BGL »

Nice trip report but one of your statement amazed me;
behramjee wrote:Inflight meal : I dont eat plane food
What do you do when travelling in a long-haul flight? Like when flying from Toronto to Pakistan?
Adnan
behramjee
Registered Member

Post by behramjee »

I buy 2 foot long Classic Italian Subway sandwiches or 4 McDonalds quarter pounders for the long haul flights.
Moin
Registered Member

Post by Moin »

ED's cabin crew are very good at what they do, especially when they've been trained by a former senior employee of BA (my ED friend).

You won't experience the biryani smell on those PIA flights which don't serve L or D. On both my PIA flights yesterday, there was no such smell.

BTW Behram, are you here in KHI? You have my cell # I believe.
Moin Abbasi
behramjee
Registered Member

Post by behramjee »

to be very honest with u Moin...I tried calling ur cell once in KHI 3 days before my dep from the city...i.e. on Nov 20th but no one answered...but i really wanted to have a nice chat with u over a meal at Nadia Coffee Shop or Marco Polo at PC...i seriously wanted to meet up with you.

Im now back in YYZ.
Moin
Registered Member

Post by Moin »

Nov 20th??? Now what was I doing that day? Around what time did you try calling me? My phone is rarely unanswered but sometimes if I get a missed call I usually call back.

I just checked my cell, did you call from a cell phone? I have here a missed call on the 20th of Nov from a Telenor # at around 4.30pm. Was that you? If it was, I was probably either watching over the workers at my house (doing renovation work) or taking a nap. Those days I was going round in circles and was just about ready to collapse by mid-afternoon.
Moin Abbasi
VC10
Registered Member

Post by VC10 »

Thanks Behramjee for your excellent flight report. I would suggest submitting it to Skytrax as a Flight Review.In August next year I shall be visiting Pakistan, and have booked ED flights on KHI-ISB return, KHI-LHE return and KHI-PEW return, all in Business Class using their excellent e-ticketing system.. Any more info re-ED would therefore be geatly appreciated.
Falcon598
Registered Member

Post by Falcon598 »

Nice trip report Behramjee. Happy to see you had a good flight on airblue. I too can't eat plane food. Let's see if this hold true for me. I am going to PK on the 25th.
smarties
Deactivated

Post by smarties »

i don't eat plane food either..but PIA food is really good...
"Now we're going round in circles, tell me will this deja vu never end?"
CoyBoy
Registered Member

Post by CoyBoy »

Nadia and Marco Polo? passe? no? anyways interesting that you avoid airline food, one of the enjoyable features on a flight regardless of what they serve.
pk757
Registered Member

Post by pk757 »

does ED use any sort of boarding music?
R.F.
Registered Member

Post by R.F. »

Nice to know that there is a quality product in the market, besides this will perhaps compell the other private comapnies to enhance their product as well. Sorry to say presently PIA seems a foregone conclusion, they need a brand new attitude any well managed comapy can give PIA a run for their money.
You didn't mention if any pre-departure or inflight PA's were done from the flight deck. Would be interesting to know.
Falcon598
Registered Member

Post by Falcon598 »

I don't think aero asia and shaheen will last much longer if they do not improve their overall product.
AP-BGL
Registered Member

Post by AP-BGL »

Sometime before AeroAsia announced to have a 767 in their fleet, where is that? Never saw that nor seen it operational in their flight schedule.
Adnan