PIA to lease a brand new Boeing 777-200ER

Discuss issues and news related to PIA, Pakistani airlines and Pakistan's civil & military aviation.
smarties
Deactivated

Post by smarties »

B777240ER, PIA fly double sometimes triple daily to Pakistan to/from MAN. I think they need 773s rather than 772s on this sector. I feel MAN flights need more terminator flights to LHE/ISB to help with loads.
"Now we're going round in circles, tell me will this deja vu never end?"
Moin
Registered Member

Post by Moin »

Listen, PIA is adding yet another 777 to its fleet. Who cares if its a 200ER, LR or 300ER, the fact is that they are inducting new a/c into the fleet in a very serious way and we should all be happy about that instead of going on about the fact that they should have gone for this or that version or some different type of a/c.

Till last week, none of us expected that they would do this and we were all anticipating the arrival of the LR next month and the ATR order. Now we hear they're getting yet another 777 bringing the total 777 fleet to 9 a/c. Who knows, maybe once they put the LR into use, they might like its performance so much they might go ahead and lease another one of those.

Lets just appreciate the fact that PIA is after a long time paying attention to upgrading its fleet.
Moin Abbasi
smarties
Deactivated

Post by smarties »

Jeez, we are just discussing! Isn't what this forum is about?? !! ?? You need to calm down! Yes, we all appreciate and are happy that PIA is adding another 777 to its fleet, really we are! :D

BTW 77W is the short code for the 777-300ER.
raza
Registered Member

Post by raza »

What is the status of plan to have 12 777s?
Salam to All .....Raza
Charliedelta11
Registered Member

Post by Charliedelta11 »

true..finally...fleet upgrades we've been waiting for for ages..
oh..just to upddate you all..the A330 plans have been cancelled due to non availability of the aircraft...
bigmountain
Registered Member

Post by bigmountain »

Can someone tell me why leasing this aircraft is better than buying it?
Its all about cash flow. An aircraft like a B777 cost close to $200 milion dollars. It is sometmes more feasible for a business not to block its meagre capital. Instead to lease the aircraft and hopefully generate enough revenue to pay off the leasing cost and make a profit in the bargain. Instead of payng for one $200 million dollar aircraft outright one could lease out more aircraft and provide more revenue generatiing opportunities by increasing fligts or exapnding the network . Also another reason is that leasing companies analyse the market and prorder and thus provide and opportunity to some late starter airlines ( that did get a chances to order) to fill the gap for immediate requirements. Neverthess leasing is the most common way of acquing aircraft . The two most common types of lease are Dry lease : aircraft only -no crew and ACMI : Aircrew Maintenance Insurance - commonly reffered to as wet leasing. Even those ailrines that have payed off their loans ,sell the aircrafs back to relase their capital and again lease back their aircraft.
Sometimes people question how some airlines keep onmaking money while some don't. It because some of them understand how to create opportunities while other follow suit, sometime too late
BM
seize the moment!$
F.K
Registered Member

Post by F.K »

PIA 2 class B 743 seats 433 pax...however if PKs B 743s had the same J class features of its B 777s then the capacity of its B 743s would drop from 433 to 405 at least due to the bigger size and recline of the J class B 777 cabin.
wrong. the 777s seats fold and recline within themselves and if anything the 743s c class seats take up more of the cabin space then the ones fitted on the 777s.
the fact of the matter is that pias operational cost would vault if takes up more slots then alloted if at all airports like man and jfk allow added
frequncys,heathrow will not give more then 10 under present conditions.
744s in a two class configuration can seat more then 520 passengers as opposed to 380 on the 773, making the former viable anytim for hajj umra seasons and year long flights to heathrow,man and jfk specially with 744Ms. the LR on the other hand only has a seating capacity of 300.
in anycase i just think its a buzz, cus no pia official has confirmed the news.
F.K
smarties
Deactivated

Post by smarties »

When PIA get the 77Ws they should go for a 3-4-3 configuration. This way they can have 385 seats in economy class and 42 business seats, giving a total of 427 seats.
Adnan Anwar
Registered Member

Post by Adnan Anwar »

F.K wrote:
PIA 2 class B 743 seats 433 pax...however if PKs B 743s had the same J class features of its B 777s then the capacity of its B 743s would drop from 433 to 405 at least due to the bigger size and recline of the J class B 777 cabin.
wrong. the 777s seats fold and recline within themselves and if anything the 743s c class seats take up more of the cabin space then the ones fitted on the 777s.
the fact of the matter is that pias operational cost would vault if takes up more slots then alloted if at all airports like man and jfk allow added
frequncys,heathrow will not give more then 10 under present conditions.
744s in a two class configuration can seat more then 520 passengers as opposed to 380 on the 773, making the former viable anytim for hajj umra seasons and year long flights to heathrow,man and jfk specially with 744Ms. the LR on the other hand only has a seating capacity of 300.
in anycase i just think its a buzz, cus no pia official has confirmed the news.
Haj only happens once a year, There is no such thing as Umra season, you can do umra whenever you want except during haj period, you can add umra to it while u r there .

PIA cannot afford 744 just sitting to be used for Haj period. PIA requires a more adaptable and practical aircraft. PIA cannot operate 747 year long to heathrow if few seats in the aircraft are always empty. IF you add all the empty seats over the full year, then thats your lost revenue dollars.
Adnan Anwar
CoyBoy
Registered Member

Post by CoyBoy »

Umra season = Ramzan and the month before it when most people go there, its something coined by travel and airline people due to high loads and bookings.
Ehsen Ali
Registered Member

Post by Ehsen Ali »

I came across a topic on Airliners.net, and i read a member writing that PIA has a exepcted follow up order on the 777LR after the new year?

http://www.airliners.net/discussions/ge ... n/2491824/