US Passport

Discuss issues and news related to PIA, Pakistani airlines and Pakistan's civil & military aviation.
Hasson2k2
Registered Member

US Passport

Post by Hasson2k2 »

Hey guys, I am traveling from ORD-KHI on November 29 of this year. I have my passport and visa ready. BUT I have a friend of mine who is also traveling with me and her American passport is expired and she needs to get her visa to Pakistan. Is there enough time if she tries now. I know she has been really Dheelee about it, but i just want to know if she has a chance and should she book the ticket for the same flight as me???

Thank you all in advance!!!
behramjee
Registered Member

Post by behramjee »

first get the new USA passport made asap and then apply for a Pak visa and pay the premium fees for next day visa or emergency visa and give a fake untrue story.
Hasson2k2
Registered Member

Post by Hasson2k2 »

Thanks for the reply, how long does it usually take to get an American passport renewed?
ord
Registered Member

Post by ord »

Hasson2k2 wrote:Thanks for the reply, how long does it usually take to get an American passport renewed?
There is a premium service, and I blieve, but am not 100% sure that this takes around one week. Otherwise, I think it takes about 4 weeks.

As far as visa, you should send in the passport ASAP after it arrives, as the Pakistan Conselate is very slow and obtaining a visa can take time, unless one has connections.
Hasson2k2
Registered Member

Post by Hasson2k2 »

Thank you soo much!!! is there a website that we can find out where and how to speed up the passport renewal process??
ord
Registered Member

Post by ord »

Hasson2k2 wrote:Thank you soo much!!! is there a website that we can find out where and how to speed up the passport renewal process??
Try www.state.gov and look for the information.

Else, just go to the local post office. They handle processing of US Passports and can give you the prices for the premium and the regular service.
Falcon598
Registered Member

Post by Falcon598 »

ord wrote:
Hasson2k2 wrote:Thank you soo much!!! is there a website that we can find out where and how to speed up the passport renewal process??
Try www.state.gov and look for the information.

Else, just go to the local post office. They handle processing of US Passports and can give you the prices for the premium and the regular service.
You beat me 2 it ord. I was just about to post it. :D Here is a link directly to the state department page for passport info: http://travel.state.gov/passport/passport_1738.html
Hasson2k2
Registered Member

Post by Hasson2k2 »

Wow i cannot express my gratitude to you all, such helpful replies and so fast. Expect lots and lots of photos from my trip :lol:
PakN'US
Registered Member

Post by PakN'US »

Pakistani consulate in Chicago can help you too. they are located at 333 N. Michigan Ave, I believe. I may be wrong about the address but it is the building on the SW corner of Wacker and Michigan.
Just when you thought you were winning the rat race, along came faster rats!!!
SalamPaks
Registered Member

Post by SalamPaks »

Get the passport expedited.

The Pakistan Consulate in Chicago (on MI Ave) will process your visa application the same day if you go there in person before 10:00 a.m. MO-FR. They processed mine while I waited (40 minutes) but I had to drop a bunch of names and do the chamchagiri/TC thing - I don't advise it unless you are in a real bind. It's better to just come back later that afternoon. Anyway, download the visa application from their website and call them to confirm the following. Call them twice! - they sometimes get mixed up.

1) No. of photocopies of the passport
2) price of a visa (it changes from time to time
3) the number of photos they require
Hasson2k2
Registered Member

Post by Hasson2k2 »

Thank you all sooo much!! Inshallah everything will work out.
Thanks AGAIN!!! GO CHICAGO WHITE SOX!!!!!!!!!!
Che
Registered Member

Post by Che »

My mother went to Pakistan without a valid Pakistani Visa, her's had expired. So they (Pak immigration) started giving her a hard time, so she asked them to deport her back to US, and they let her go.....
Last edited by Che on Fri Oct 28, 2005 3:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
allmyfamilyinpia
Registered Member

Post by allmyfamilyinpia »

you can get a us passport made in 1 day if you have a passport office in your locality and you get there before 12. This is what happened to me at houston.
otherwise go there and have it fedexed back and it takes all of 3 days, if you do not have an appointement before 12.
Max
Registered Member

Post by Max »

You can get an American passport renewed in a day. I got a passport for my son renewed in half a day by showing my ticket in the Philly office. On the same note I got the Pakistani visa also on the next day but I used an approach. They usually take 2-3 days in DC.
SalamPaks
Registered Member

Post by SalamPaks »

Che wrote:My mother went to Pakistan without a valid Pakistani Visa, her's had expired. So they (Pak immigration) started giving her a hard time, so she asked them to deport her back to US, and they let her go.....
Che, THere is a saying "be careful what you ask for". I know of Pakistani born British citizens arriving in KHI without a valid Pakistani visa have been deported back to the U.K. on the next flight. One of my pals was actually deported back to DXB after showing up in KHI without a visa in his passport.