PAF air drop over Muzaffarabad!

Share photos of PIA, Pakistani airlines, Pakistani airports and photos related to civil & military aviation of Pakistan.
basit_s
Registered Member

PAF air drop over Muzaffarabad!

Post by basit_s »

PAF (Pakistan Air Force) AIR DROP OVER MUZAFFARABAD.

Check out the C-130 flying just couple of metres over the tarmac!

az inja boro. nemikham bebinamet dige toro.
AirBlue
Registered Member

Post by AirBlue »

i saw the video of this too.....the last pic is scary...ive flown to that airbase on the PIA twinotter....man it feels so sad looking at people running like this :(
PK777
Registered Member

Post by PK777 »

True, the areas that have been affected are the poorest places in Pakistan. God only know why he did this..... :cry: :cry:

With reference to the last pic, is that wing about to touch the ground... :shock: never been to this base so im not sure ?
CoyBoy
Registered Member

Post by CoyBoy »

A brief video clip can be found here http://www.spiegel.de/video/0,4916,9027,00.html
Abbas Ali
Site Admin

Post by Abbas Ali »

Last night, GEO TV showed 1-2 minute complete footage of this spectacular low level aerial drop by Pakistan Air Force C-130. The pilot showed great amount of skill. The aircraft was flying barely few feet above the ground and made several passes over the airfield. It was flying so low that I easily read C-130's PAF serial number# 64312. At one stage GEO TV's cameraman placed his camera near the edge of runway and the C-130 flew right above it, dropping relief supplies on runway. I have never seen C-130 doing maneuvers like this before. Very well done PAF!!
Dil Dil Pakistan... Jaan Jaan Pakistan

See you at:
AirBlue
Registered Member

Post by AirBlue »

The airbase is on top of a mountain....so its pretty scary
Aphelion
Registered Member

Post by Aphelion »

What size planes can this airbase handle? Is it also true that PIA flew Fokkers to Muzaffarabad some time back?
AirBlue
Registered Member

Post by AirBlue »

Twin otters only....its about 3000 or 4000 ft long only...it cant handle fokkers.....empty ones yea :P
AN
Registered Member

Post by AN »

This was a rather poor drop by the airforce as they were dropping small packets out the side doors. The proper drop method is entire pallets out the rear cargo ramp, much more efficient, however I suppose PAF doesnt have the capability to do that.