Royal Jordanian and Uzbekistan in Islamabad

Discuss issues and news related to PIA, Pakistani airlines and Pakistan's civil & military aviation.
CoyBoy
Registered Member

Royal Jordanian and Uzbekistan in Islamabad

Post by CoyBoy »

An A340 of the airline brought in relief supplies, also an Uzbekistan Airways IL-76 in full livery, both were shown in CNN footage.
AP-BGL
Registered Member

Post by AP-BGL »

I saw that A340 too.... These days here in Isb after every 1-2 hrs atleast one IL-76 can be seen climbing off the airport. Are these IL-76 also being used for taking relief goods from Karachi to Islamabad as C-130s and PAF 707 currently doing?
Adnan
hasan saleem
Registered Member

Post by hasan saleem »

These IL-76 are flown in from friend countries to offload relief goods

There have been alot of traffic is islamabad, few relief flights have been diverted to lahore cause of access load at islamabad.
Abbas Ali
Site Admin

Post by Abbas Ali »

hasan saleem wrote:There have been alot of traffic is islamabad, few relief flights have been diverted to lahore cause of access load at islamabad.
That's true, a number of foreign relief aircrafts like C-130s diverted from Islamabad have been seen at Lahore Airport.
Dil Dil Pakistan... Jaan Jaan Pakistan

See you at:
basit_s
Registered Member

Post by basit_s »

Can someone take pictures ?
az inja boro. nemikham bebinamet dige toro.
CoyBoy
Registered Member

Post by CoyBoy »

The Jordanian plane was a VIP flight carrying the King which stopped over briefly at ISB for condolence visit enroute from KUL, it wasnt an RJ flight.

An Air France cargo 747F was apparently also in ISB all of yesterday.
Abbas Ali
Site Admin

Post by Abbas Ali »

Etihad Crystal Cargo A310-300

UK-based Air Charter Service teamed up with Etihad Crystal Cargo to move badly needed relief supplies to areas of Pakistan devastated by the recent earthquake. Where an estimated 40,000 are dead and as many as four million people homeless.

Air Charter Service which specializes in urgent, outsize and humanitarian flights said that it drew on past experience of such operations and had the rescue teams and all of their equipment in Islamabad within 30 hours of receiving the urgent call.

Working around the clock, the Etihad A310-300 transported three UK rescue teams, their sniffer dogs and 7 tons of hi-tech searching equipment from East Midlands Airport (EMA) to Islamabad (ISB).

Air Charter Service said its numerous aid flights to Islamabad and Peshawar have included a B747 packed with tents and blankets from East Midlands, IL-76's carrying food and medical supplies from Brussels and Vatry, and several other IL-76 relief flights from the Middle East.

Source Air Charter Service

See you at:
Abbas Ali
Site Admin

Post by Abbas Ali »

Luftansa Cargo Boeing 747 relief flight

Lufthansa Cargo Charter (LHC) came up big time for those in need, with a full B747 freighter that took off on October 14 filled with humanitarian aid.

The consignment provided by "Luftfahrt ohne Grenzen e.V." and a sister group "Aviation sans Frontiers" in France, included 100 tons of emergency supplies that were promptly dispatched from Frankfurt to Islamabad.

Source Lufthansa Cargo Charter (LHC)

See you at:
CoyBoy
Registered Member

Post by CoyBoy »

Must have been the LH 747 I assumed it was Air France as Dawn reported it arriving form Paris and the French Ambassador was there to recieve it, not the German Ambassador either.
piafan
Registered Member

Post by piafan »

There have been alot of traffic is islamabad, few relief flights have been diverted to lahore cause of access load at islamabad.
Did lots of relief flight land in Peshawar?...I think they should land in peshawar instead of Lahore.
Abbas Ali
Site Admin

Post by Abbas Ali »

Emirates Sky Cargo's Boeing 747-400F also flew with load of relief goods from Dubai to Islamabad. It's photo was in today's 'The News' (Lahore edition).

See you at:
raza
Registered Member

Post by raza »

there must be an ATLAS AIR 747F in Islamabad. I have seen it on German TV yesterday with more than 100 t relief goods on the way to ISB from FRA
Salam to All .....Raza
blackhawk
Registered Member

Post by blackhawk »

Did lots of relief flight land in Peshawar?...I think they should land in peshawar instead of Lahore.
ya i saw many IL-76's landing here and one c-130 too. donno which airline or airforce did they belong to. yesterday (sunday 23rd) two chinooks also passed through i donno whether they landed here or not but i guess they didnt coz they were flying very high and whenever an aircraft comes or goes away out of pew i can see it always.
CoyBoy
Registered Member

Post by CoyBoy »

Not sure but I think a Turkish Airlines A310 was also in ISB last week though only doing VIP duty with the Turkish PM visiting there, they normally use TK A310's.