KHI-ISB on PK370

Discuss issues and news related to PIA, Pakistani airlines and Pakistan's civil & military aviation.
Moin
Registered Member

KHI-ISB on PK370

Post by Moin »

Arrived in ISB by this flight today. Took PIA as it was about Rs.1000 cheaper than ED. I arrived here in Eco and my return tomorrow is in Eco+. Departure of 19.15 was delayed about 25 mins for reasons unknown but the domestic terminal was like a fish market, it was packed and endless lines everywhere. The a/c was a 743 AP-BFU. I was greeted at the door by a friendly girl who welcomed us aboard and was relegated to seat 74A, right at the very rear of Zone E, my first time at the very back of an a/c. The inevitable curry smell was omni present. Flight was 99% full and for some strange reason, hot air was coming out of the a/c vents located at the bottom of the cabin wall panels the entire time the a/c was on the ground. The result was everyone who had a window seat had a full heater like blast on their feet and it was most uncomfortable and distressing. Announcements were made a few times that while the a/c doors were open, pax could use their cell phones. The wait to get airborne was reaching unbearable levels due to the increasing heat and everyone was sweating and fanning themselves away. There were also about 20 cabin crew members deadheading to ISB. They were ISB based crew.

After takeoff (sitting at the very rear of an a/c at takeoff is quite an experience), the meal service commenced and being at the very back of the a/c were served last. Meal was a chicken curry/rice affair which was very good but upon observing, I noticed some pax got a breadroll and butter with their meals and some didn't. Not very consistent. Front seat pockets were torn and hanging loose and the carpeting by my feet was loose and curling up. Legroom was better than on the 74M's. We were served by all males in our section who were polite. I asked for coffee and retained my coffee cup, but the steward forgot and I had to remind him and it after a while it was passed across both aisles from the other end of the cabin in 2 plastic water cups, one inside the other. Upon landing I called a steward to take away the cups (I ended up with 3 of them) but he told me to just stuff them in the seat pocket. Landing was superb and upon disembarkation the stewardess at the door very cheerfully bid everyone a pleasant stay. Having only hand luggage I was out immediately.

Overall, a satisfactory flight. Cannot say more.
Moin Abbasi
pk757
Registered Member

Post by pk757 »

thanx for the report Moin
i know it must have bneen very frustrating to get a blast of warm air on yor feet in an enclosed enviornment........ i think it is probably because the ground a/c cart was not functioning well i.e must hav eran out of coolant gas ... it is a rare phenomenon as a regulation for pax comfort regardless of winter 0r summer the aircon is turne don while boarding .....ive never faced this kind of situtation on PK b4. oh and you didnt mention anything about music or cleanliness of the aircraft e.t.c more detaisl would be appreciated on your return trip report . enjoy
Moin
Registered Member

Post by Moin »

The a/c was clean and by clean I mean there was no trash or litter anywhere. Music was some western type instrumental. Returning in Eco+ on PK309 this evening.
Moin Abbasi
Abrardh1
Registered Member

Post by Abrardh1 »

Well I recently travelled on PIA from ISB-BHX A310 and they started there food service from the back end.
Abrar Din Hussain