Planning a trip to Pakistan

Discuss issues and news related to PIA, Pakistani airlines and Pakistan's civil & military aviation.
Hasson2k2
Registered Member

Planning a trip to Pakistan

Post by Hasson2k2 »

Hey guys, I am planning a trip to Pakistan from Chicago at the end of November through the end of December. What I would like to know is whether the attitude of PIA personel has changed. I used to fly PIA all the time in the 1990's from JFK and the attitude as well as customer service of PIA was horrible. The only advantage in traveling on PIA this time around is that feeling you get once you board a PIA aircraft. Im pretty sure that you may all think that this is a stupid reason to fly but I love the smell of desi food and the interior of the aircraft prepares me for Karachi.

SO.... my question to all of you is that do you think that I should fly PIA? And of course if i do fly PIA, you will all get a very detailed trip description as well as a bunch of photos of the aircraft :lol:

Thanks in advance.
SaadSaeed
Registered Member

Post by SaadSaeed »

I cant tell you about the personnel but yeh Eau de Biryani is still available, its always there... and seems to be working in their favor so far. :p
FASTEN SEAT BELT WHILE SEATED
fly1346
Registered Member

Post by fly1346 »

I just flew PIA from JFK-MAN-LHE and return on LYP-KHI-MAN-JFK, and let me just say, if you are going to fly pia fly Buisness + or else take another carrier. This flight will KILL you, and what not. I suggest taking emirates. The length is a pain. The food was super, i give it a 10 out of 10. But on a long flight like this, even the crew eventually gets tired and fed up, thus they stop caring. Also, the seats feel very tight on the 777, so i suggest if you want to fly PIA fly it Buisness+ or take emirates. You will be glad you did.
iqbal
Registered Member

Post by iqbal »

LOL !!!!

"Eau de beriyani" !!!!!!!!

And yea PIA's economy is really bad value for money, in contract to BuisnessPlus+ - its a MUCH better improvement
Iqbal Malik
------------------------------------------
PakN'US
Registered Member

Post by PakN'US »

I flew twice within last year ORD-MAN-LHE and return. I have no idea about economy class but since I am 6'2", I always travel Business class. It is great value for the money. The crew definitely is superb and food is OK but still better than economy. Secondly, at Manchester airport you have access to Business class lounge, which is refreshing sight after 8 hours in-flight. You may also want to check Economy+ section. Who is your travel agent in Chicago?

Bon Voyage!!!!
Just when you thought you were winning the rat race, along came faster rats!!!
SalamPaks
Registered Member

Post by SalamPaks »

PakN'US wrote: Secondly, at Manchester airport you have access to Business class lounge, which is refreshing sight after 8 hours in-flight.
You mean the infamous Escape Lounge replete with crusty pastries, crusty old bag at the door, two day old toast, a dodgy toaster and no restrooms or showers? You know you are tired when the Escape Lounge is a refreshing sight.
Falcon598
Registered Member

Post by Falcon598 »

I would recommend you fly PIA business class if you want a direct flight and no wait or transit. Otherwise if you don't mind that I highly recommend Emirates any class (First and Biz are better though), or maybe even try BA(Business or First they are quite good, but really pricey).
Abbas Ali
Site Admin

Post by Abbas Ali »

Hope you have a nice and pleasant flight with PIA. Looking forward to see your trip report and photos on forum.
Dil Dil Pakistan... Jaan Jaan Pakistan

See you at:
Hasson2k2
Registered Member

Post by Hasson2k2 »

Thank you very much everybody for all of your replies!! My dad is taking care of the travel arrangements. But there is something that only PIA can give u and that is your own culture starting here when i board in ORD. So im kinda excited to go on PIA especially in the 777, does anybody have comments on PIA's 777's?

Thanks Again
pk757
Registered Member

Post by pk757 »

ok guys u gotta asmot that there is nooo smell of food onboard while boarding atleast.. i admit that once meal service begins there puff of biryani aroma in the air but iv eseen cabincrew using airfresheners all the time try to smell real close ull notice lemon zest.
pk757
Registered Member

Post by pk757 »

ok guys u gotta asmot that there is nooo smell of food onboard while boarding atleast.. i admit that once meal service begins there puff of biryani aroma in the airbut then again it happens on all other aircarriers .. but ive seen cabincrew using airfresheners all the time try to smell real close ull notice lemon zest.
fly1346
Registered Member

Post by fly1346 »

Hasson, check out some of my pics in the aviation and PIA photography section. I recently flew the 777. I felt the leg room was kind of tight, and just prepared to get tired on these LONGGGGGG flights. ON my way to pakistan, i slept about 3 hrs total. And on my way back to JFK i only slept a MAXIMUM of 30 min.

Ive vowed to ONLY fly PIA if i fly them buisness +
Falcon598
Registered Member

Post by Falcon598 »

Exactly Eco and Eco + are tight, as Fly1346 said it's hard to get sleep, very tight. Go Business it is definately worth the extra money trust me, or if you want to try something else Emirates has a better Eco class(i've heard) there Business and First Class are amazing and Worth every penny. Or BA, though they are quite expensive they have a pretty good inflight product.
Hasson2k2
Registered Member

Post by Hasson2k2 »

Thank you to everyone who replied!

Are there any photos of the interior cabin in economy class of the PIA 777 maybe here or somewhere else. I have already checked airliners.net and they only have phots of the first class.
Falcon598
Registered Member

Post by Falcon598 »

Yes, you can go to globalpia.net, they have a lot of photos of all classes.