PIA should convert 777 fleet to all economy

Discuss issues and news related to PIA, Pakistani airlines and Pakistan's civil & military aviation.
Amaad Lone
Registered Member

Re: PIA should convert 777 fleet to all economy

Post by Amaad Lone »

:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Finally.
P.I.A

God's International Airline
Usman123
Registered Member

Post by Usman123 »

Someone form PIA maybe read your thread but it took then 6 months and another 6 months for installation on all 5 777 200s
Amaad Lone
Registered Member

Post by Amaad Lone »

seriously.

The conversion to all economy should not be a reason to call a tender.

PIA has done it many times in house with the A300 747 fleet. In 2014 even changed the configration of all economy A320 to include 8 club class seats
P.I.A

MadViking
Registered Member

Post by MadViking »

If PIA wishes to surrender all premium and high yield traffic to the ME3 and TK, then sure, convert the fleet all Y and maybe even rebrand the name to "easyPIAjet" !!!

The triples still have a lot of life left. The cost to do a J cabin upgrade and change all the Ys to 3-4-3 should be far more cost effective than precure new metal (A350 or 787), not to mention new crew training, and all the other costs that come with entering a new type. And now you have an extra 30 to 40 Y seats of revenue by just following industry trends.

Hind sight is 20-20, but if they would have taken advantage of the Covid crisis and EQ ban to convert the under utilized frames at that time by now most of the 777s would have been ready for the unprecedented surge in air travel. But it seems as management continues to put the cart in front of the donkey and let more of the share, J & Y to competitors. And the competitors are loving it. I sometimes think the ME3, TK and even TG have planted "secret double agents" at PIA to allow this sinking ship to continue sinking!

What a missed opportunity, shame on PIA. You're sitting on over a loyal and very patriotic hundred million population with extended families around the planet wanting to travel to and from their home land visiting friends and relatives, and we are giving away almost the whole pie to competitors where you must change aircraft, have extended connecting times or leave at very odd hours of the day to connect to your final destination. Meanwhile the rest of the world is connecting more and more cities non-stop. One can only be "loyal and patriotic" to a certain extent until you are so disappointed that you go out of your way to avoid your own flag carrier.

This posting is not intended to bring the current long-haul fleet to compete with the likes of SQ or QR but just to lift it to a level that warrants a premium fare and service comparable to TK and take advantage of the equipment that can fly non-stop to the EQ and North-America.
Amaad Lone
Registered Member

Post by Amaad Lone »

If PIA wishes to surrender all premium and high yield traffic to the ME3 and TK, then sure, convert the fleet all Y and maybe even rebrand the name to "easyPIAjet" !!!
PIA has already surrendered, not just premium and high yield traffic but most international traffice to ME3 and TK, but also BA and Virgin now.

The 35 club class seats in PIA are being sold as Premium Economy now, generating around 15-20 percent extra revenue.

These same 35 seats are now being replaced by around 63 economy seasts increasing the revenue potential by 80%.

If PIA wants to improve its business class product, might be a better idea to induct newer planes like the 787-9 or A330-900.
P.I.A