AirSial Hiring Sri Lankan Pilots?

Discuss issues and news related to PIA, Pakistani airlines and Pakistan's civil & military aviation.
inducedrag
Registered Member

AirSial Hiring Sri Lankan Pilots?

Post by inducedrag »

Airsial is going to get Sri Lankan pilots on contract can someone confirm that
Guru
Registered Member

Re: AirSial

Post by Guru »

That's true. The CAA has allowed them to hire foreign pilots when there are dozens of Pakistani pilots sitting jobless. Hats off to both AirSial and CAA.
inducedrag
Registered Member

Re: AirSial

Post by inducedrag »

Guru wrote: ↑Sun Jul 24, 2022 7:47 am That's true. The CAA has allowed them to hire foreign pilots when there are dozens of Pakistani pilots sitting jobless. Hats off to both AirSial and CAA.
Are the Pakistani pilot meeting requirements
?
Guru
Registered Member

Re: AirSial Hiring Sri Lankan Pilots?

Post by Guru »

Are the Pakistani pilot meeting requirements
?
There are enough Pakistani pilots who meet the CAA requirements of experience on the weight category for captains. For first officers, there is just no dearth of them.
The issue is that they want to hire type-rated pilots as they probably don't want to spend the money on training them. This is quite an illogical requirement. Tell me how many pilots will PIA find tomorrow if they ask for type-rated first officers for ATR?
The CAA, rather than putting a stop to this injustice to Pakistani pilots have allowed AirSial to hire foreign pilots.
Pakistani pilots have already suffered a lot on account of the licensing scandal and the uncalled-for statement issued by the then Minister of Aviation. It's high time The CAA did something about it.
dragonfly
Registered Member

Post by dragonfly »

Maybe considering expansion with A330’s🀐 on lease due to the financial situation in Sri Lanka with type rated crews.
Guru
Registered Member

Post by Guru »

Maybe considering expansion with A330’s🀐 on lease due to the financial situation in Sri Lanka with type rated crews.
As of now, they are getting two more A320s to increase the fleet size to five which is the minimum number required to start international flights. The foreign crew is being hired for these two aircraft. There's no news on A330s for AirSial.
adamalikhan
Registered Member

Post by adamalikhan »

There is also talk of possible Uk flights and so maybe these Sri Lankan pilots can operate these flights.
Guru
Registered Member

Post by Guru »

There is also talk of possible Uk flights and so maybe these Sri Lankan pilots can operate these flights.
Are you trying to say that Pakistani pilots can't operate flights to UK? Pakistani pilots have been operating flights all over the world. What is so special about Sri Lankan pilots?
raihans
Registered Member

Post by raihans »

Guru wrote: ↑Sun Jul 24, 2022 6:45 pm
Are you trying to say that Pakistani pilots can't operate flights to UK? Pakistani pilots have been operating flights all over the world. What is so special about Sri Lankan pilots?
what i understood is the licenses issued by CAA Pak are not yet acceptable under the ban on CAA Pak registered aircraft to operate to UK and so are the operating crews too who have licenses from CAA Pak.
Raihan SR Bakhsh

flickr.com/photos/raihanshahzad
EY-B77W, A345, A320, A319, EK-B773, B77W, A388, FZ-B738, GF-L1011, B732, A332, A320, A319, KU-A343, AB6, A310, A320, NL-A320, PK-B707/720, B733, B772, B77L, AB4, A310, A320, QR-A320, A321, A333, A359, A35X, B77W, B788, WY-B738, B739, A333
adamalikhan
Registered Member

Post by adamalikhan »

Guru wrote: ↑Sun Jul 24, 2022 6:45 pm
Yes, that is exactly what I am saying and it is not due to my opinion but a ban that has been put in place impacting Pak registered aircraft and crew.
Amaad Lone
Registered Member

Post by Amaad Lone »

Air Sial is a private company, they can hire, Sri Lankan, or pilots from any country.

Its called productivity and efficiency and cost efficient.

Hire already trained A320 pilots save millions of dollars in training cost
P.I.A

God's International Airline
inducedrag
Registered Member

Post by inducedrag »

Amaad Lone wrote: ↑Mon Jul 25, 2022 7:47 am Air Sial is a private company, they can hire, Sri Lankan, or pilots from any country.

Its called productivity and efficiency and cost efficient.

Hire already trained A320 pilots save millions of dollars in training cost
As per CAA pk to hire any non Pakistani license holder has to get security clearance appear in aviation law go through flight check by CAA inspector then given clearance for 90 days only
Guru
Registered Member

Post by Guru »

what i understood is the licenses issued by CAA Pak are not yet acceptable under the ban on CAA Pak registered aircraft to operate to UK and so are the operating crews too who have licenses from CAA Pak.
The ban is on Pakistani Airlines and not Pakistani pilots. Pakistani pilots are still flying in many countries. The ban on Pakistani airlines flying to UK or Europe will stay in effect even if you bring UK or European pilots.
Guru
Registered Member

Post by Guru »

Yes, that is exactly what I am saying and it is not due to my opinion but a ban that has been put in place impacting Pak registered aircraft and crew.
The ban is on Pakistani Airlines and not Pakistani pilots. Pakistani pilots are still flying in many countries. The ban on Pakistani airlines flying to UK or Europe will stay in effect even if you bring UK or European pilots.
inducedrag
Registered Member

Post by inducedrag »

Guru wrote: ↑Mon Jul 25, 2022 11:25 am
All pilots flying in different countries registered aircraft have their licences endorsed by their reverent aviation authority