Discuss issues and news related to PIA, Pakistani airlines and Pakistan's civil & military aviation.
1 post • Page 1 of 1
- Site Admin
- Posts: 51299
- Joined: Thu Aug 05, 2004 11:52 pm
- Location: Pakistan
On July 2, Pakistan Civil Aviation Authority (CAA) issued an alert for Jinnah International Airport - Karachi after Pakistan Meteorological Department (PMD) forecast heavy rainfall in Karachi from July 2 to July 5 under the influence of the monsoon system.
* All concerned authorities are advised to remain vigilant and take precautionary measures during the forecast period.
* Add surplus weight with fixed wing small aircraft and rotary wing (helicopters).
* Transfer equipment at the airport to a place of safety.
* Deployment of more bird shooters around runaway to avoid bird strike incidents.