Fly Jinnah - JV between Air Arabia and Lakson Group

Discuss issues and news related to PIA, Pakistani airlines and Pakistan's civil & military aviation.
TAILWIND
Registered Member

Fly Jinnah - JV between Air Arabia and Lakson Group

Post by TAILWIND »

Abbas Ali
Site Admin

Re: Fly Jinnah - JV between Air Arabia and Lakson Group

Post by Abbas Ali »

Lakson Group and Air Arabia join hands to launch Pakistan’s new low-cost airline

New airline will contribute significant value to the Pakistani economy, creating new jobs and supporting the nation’s travel and tourism sectors.

Islamabad, Pakistan: September 3, 2021:
Lakson Group, one of Pakistan's leading business conglomerates and Air Arabia Group, the Middle East and North Africa’s first and largest low-cost carrier (LCC) operator, today announced their decision to form of a joint venture to launch “Fly Jinnah”, Pakistan’s new airline. The proposed JV will see the establishment of a low-cost passenger airline serving domestic and international routes from Pakistan.

“Fly Jinnah” will serve the strategic vision of Pakistan’s travel and tourism sector and contribute to the country’s economic growth and job creation, while providing Pakistanis with reliable and value for money air travel.

Iqbal Ali Lakhani, Chairman of Lakson Group, said: “We are excited to partner with Air Arabia in launching Pakistan’s new low-cost carrier. “Fly Jinnah” will serve Pakistan’s travel and tourism sector and will play a constructive role in contributing to the nation’s economic growth.” He added: “This partnership also reflects our commitment to support the development of Pakistan’s air transport sector while providing the citizens and visitors of the country with a new option of value for money air travel. Air Arabia enjoys a track-record of reliable and efficient operations, and we look forward to working closely towards launching and developing the new airline.”

Sheikh Abdullah Bin Mohammed Al Thani, Chairman of Air Arabia, said: “We are delighted at Air Arabia Group to partner with Lakson Group on this joint venture to launch Pakistan’s new low-cost carrier. We are confident that “Fly Jinnah” will add value to the air transport sector of Pakistan and directly contribute to the local economy through job creation and the development of travel and tourism sector. We thank Lakson Group and the Government of Pakistan for their trust and we look forward to working hand in hand to develop the new airline, which will serve as a new value-for-money air travel option for the country.”

“Fly Jinnah” will initially be based in Karachi serving a range of domestic routes across Pakistan and then will expand its route network internationally. The new carrier will follow the low-cost business model and provide its customer base with a reliable operation and value-driven product.

Work on securing the Air Operating Certificate (AOC) - which allows the airline to start operating - will commence shortly. More details about the launch date, fleet, and destination network will be announced in due course.

According to IATA, the air transport industry, including airlines and its supply chain along with the tourism spend are estimated to support US$3.3 billion of GDP in Pakistan. In total, 1 percent of the country’s GDP is supported by inputs to the air transport sector and foreign tourists arriving by air.
Ends

About Lakson Group
The Lakson Group is one of Pakistan's leading business conglomerates. The Lakson Group (“Lakson”) was established in 1954 and is one of the largest business groups in Pakistan. T Lakson owns and operates over 15 companies in Pakistan with a vast footprint; the Group operates in more than 50 cities in Pakistan providing direct employment to 17,000+ persons.

About Air Arabia
Air Arabia (PJSC), listed on the Dubai Financial Market, is the Middle East and North Africa’s leading low-cost carrier (LCC) operator. Air Arabia commenced operations in October 2003 and currently operates a total fleet of 58 new Airbus A320 and A321 aircraft, serving some 170 routes from five hubs in the UAE, Morocco and Egypt. Air Arabia is an award-winning airline that focuses on offering comfort, reliability, and value-for-money air travel.

Source: airarabia.com
Dil Dil Pakistan... Jaan Jaan Pakistan

See you at:
Abbas Ali
Site Admin

Post by Abbas Ali »

Air Arabia investment welcomed by Prime Minister Imran Khan.

See you at:
Pakistan-1
Registered Member

Post by Pakistan-1 »

I find the airline’s name deeply offensive towards our Quaid, hopefully the Airline considers renaming it.
Special Concept Livery to celebrate Pakistan's 70th year of Independence
Abbas Ali
Site Admin

Post by Abbas Ali »

On September 3, 2021, Air Arabia Chairman Abdullah Bin Mohammad Al Thani called on Pakistan Prime Minister Imran Khan.

Abbas

See you at:
London Flyer
Registered Member

Post by London Flyer »

I’d have to agree that I don’t think his name should be used in a commercial enterprise.

Also they run the risk of being sued by his estate (assuming it is with his grandchildren). GoP should be protecting his estate including the name if they are responsible for it.
Tuti Fruiti
Registered Member

Post by Tuti Fruiti »

One can hope they will bring a good number of aircrafts for domestic flights. And they will fly domestic routes to cities other than lahore, khi and Islamabad. And finally govt also facilitates them so at the end of day more passengers travel economically from point a to b. Pakistan despite a big country by population and area has poor domestic air connectivity.
Abbas Ali
Site Admin

Post by Abbas Ali »

Most likely Airbus A320 family aircraft to form Fly Jinnah fleet.

Abbas

See you at:
baberblues
Registered Member

Post by baberblues »

It is about time someone tapped into the domesitc market that has some aviation experience. I wish the airlines all the best of luck, may the best one print the most money.

Looking forward to more connectivity between domestic stations within pakistan, apart from the big cities, we need connections and more service to Faisalabad, Multan, Bahawalpur, DG Khan, RYK, Sialkot, UET etc etc etc
Abbas Ali
Site Admin

Post by Abbas Ali »

On September 3, 2021, Air Arabia Chairman Abdullah Bin Mohammad Al Thani arrived at Islamabad International Airport aboard Air Arabia special flight G91541 from Sharjah performed by airline's A320 registration A6-AOU.

Source: flightradar24.com

Abbas

See you at:
TAILWIND
Registered Member

Post by TAILWIND »

Pakistan-1 wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 4:11 pm I find the airline’s name deeply offensive towards our Quaid, hopefully the Airline considers renaming it.
I also felt the same
pk363
Registered Member

Post by pk363 »

I share the concerns expressed by the worthy members about the name of the new airline. IMO if renamed as Jinnah Air or Jinnah Airlines will be acceptable.
Pakistan-1
Registered Member

Post by Pakistan-1 »

pk363 wrote: Sat Sep 04, 2021 4:49 am I share the concerns expressed by the worthy members about the name of the new airline. IMO if renamed as Jinnah Air or Jinnah Airlines will be acceptable.
I don’t think using his name in any commercial capacity should be allowed.
Special Concept Livery to celebrate Pakistan's 70th year of Independence
pk363
Registered Member

Post by pk363 »

Pakistan-1 wrote: Sat Sep 04, 2021 10:46 am
pk363 wrote: Sat Sep 04, 2021 4:49 am I share the concerns expressed by the worthy members about the name of the new airline. IMO if renamed as Jinnah Air or Jinnah Airlines will be acceptable.
I don’t think using his name in any commercial capacity should be allowed.
You seem to be making sense here
Amaad Lone
Registered Member

Post by Amaad Lone »

First of all I hate the name, FLY JINNAH sounds strange.

Second, there is nothing offensive about using his name, Mohd. Ali Jinnah was his name and why is it offensive to write Fly Jinnah.

Yes there is no airline called Fly Washington or Fly Attaturk or Fly Abdul Aziz.

Who ever came up with this name is retarded.

But Jinnah was our founding father and what this group is doing is that they are giving the impression that they are giving him respect, but most probably what they have in mind is some cheap publicity that is attached to his name.

next we will see FLY LIAQAT or FLY IQBAL.
P.I.A

God's International Airline