Lahore Airport Main Runway to be Reconstructed and Secondary Runway to be Upgraded

Discuss issues and news related to PIA, Pakistani airlines and Pakistan's civil & military aviation.
Omairi7
Registered Member

Re: Lahore Airport Expansion Project

Post by Omairi7 »

Dear All,
I was checking Lahore airport on Google map today where i find something unusual. I hope members and abbas bhai can figure out that.
Runway 18L is dugged up understandably due to upgradation of the runway but i also found another patch linking 18R to 18L which feels like a exit way link from secondary runway. i am unable to attach the picture but members can easily find on google map. Hope someone can confirm why and what is the purpose of this patch or linking exitway kind of thing. I have requested Abbas bhai to share the picture.

EK, EY, SV, PK, AIR BLUE, EASY JET, AA, TG, MH, FLY BE, VUELING, SAS, SWISS, LH, BA, AIR BERLIN, RYAN AIR, GERMAN WINGS, JET BLUE, U.A, QATAR , AZAL ...
Abbas Ali
Site Admin

Re: Lahore Airport Main Runway to be Reconstructed and Secondary Runway to be Upgraded

Post by Abbas Ali »

There have been incidents in which Boeing 777 aircraft after landing on Lahore Airport Runway 36L blocked Runway 18R/36L (secondary runway) after being unable to complete turn on turn pad for backtracking on the runway.

* Kuwait Airways Boeing 777-300ER (aircraft registration 9K-AOH) on October 4, 2020.

Source: flightradar24.com

* PIA Boeing 777-200ER (aircraft registration AP-BGK) on December 31, 2014.

http://avherald.com/h?article=47f95b98

Abbas
Dil Dil Pakistan... Jaan Jaan Pakistan

See you at:
Omairi7
Registered Member

Re: Lahore Airport Runways, Taxiways and Apron Maintenance Work

Post by Omairi7 »

New Images of Lahore airport was uploaded on Google map. There are interesting happenings going on.
A new rapid exitway is building on the main runway 36R/18L . Another Rapid exitway is building at the end of 18R. Experts in this forum can highlight the changes and benefits of these changes.
EK, EY, SV, PK, AIR BLUE, EASY JET, AA, TG, MH, FLY BE, VUELING, SAS, SWISS, LH, BA, AIR BERLIN, RYAN AIR, GERMAN WINGS, JET BLUE, U.A, QATAR , AZAL ...
Abbas Ali
Site Admin

Re: Lahore Airport Main Runway to be Rehabilitated and Secondary Runway to be Upgraded

Post by Abbas Ali »

Comparison between old and recent satellite images of Lahore Airport runways:

Main Runway 18L/36R
Secondary Runway 18R/36L

Old photo.

Recent photo showing main Runway 18L/36R being reconstructed with a new rapid exit taxiway.

Abbas

See you at:
Abbas Ali
Site Admin

Re: Lahore Airport Main Runway to be Rehabilitated and Secondary Runway to be Upgraded

Post by Abbas Ali »

From November 4, 2021, to February 3, 2022

Due to reconstruction/upgrading of Lahore Airport main Runway 18L/36R, taxiways Bravo, Delta, Uniform, Sierra and Tango shall not be available.

Abbas

See you at:
Amaad Lone
Registered Member

Re: Lahore Airport Main Runway to be Reconstructed and Secondary Runway to be Upgraded

Post by Amaad Lone »

Driving into Lahore airport parking has become a nightmare.

The road leading to the parking lot is so confusing and once has to make 10 turns to get to the parking lot, and there is no way possible to get there without reading the road signs which are very confusing.

I wonder how an illiterate driver gets to the parking.

Plus two long lines with people cutting in to get ahead.

Change the name to Jahilistan.
P.I.A

God's International Airline
Hassan777
Registered Member

Post by Hassan777 »

The traffic problem has still not been solved? I heard the underground parking was completed and the road leading to AIIP is pretty wide, I'm amazed that there's still congestion despite that.
Inam855
Registered Member

Post by Inam855 »

The parking itself is amazing but the access to enter or exit is limited to 2 lanes. I agree with Amaad Lones sentiments, the parking may remind one of abroad but the people (and driving) as you enter or leave remind you that you truly are in jahilistan.

Ideally there should have been a separate exit/entry point for the underground parking.

Tip for first time visitors: park in the "I" section.
Abbas Ali
Site Admin

Post by Abbas Ali »

From January 21 to April 20

Taxiway Uniform, Bravo and Delta shall be used for taxi-in, taxi-out from/to Runway 18R/36L. Stop bars and center line lights are not available at taxiway Bravo, Delta, Uniform. "Follow Me" vehicle shall Be provided on request. Taxiway Quebec and taxiway Alpha shall remain closed for flight operations to undertake Phase-2 works on reconstruction and up-gradation of primary Runway 18L/36R.

Airlines advised to carry adequate fuel for anticipated ground, delayed start ups and departures. Holding in air.

Lahore Airport runways:

Main Runway 18L/36R
Secondary Runway 18R/36L

Abbas

See you at:
Omairi7
Registered Member

Post by Omairi7 »

Abbas bhai ,
Thank you for the information.
From my last flying experience through Lahore airport, i can safely assume that there will be atleast 4/5 months work left on Rwy 36 R / 18 L.
Can you please share any picture with the taxi way names Bravo, Delta , Uniform , Quebec and Alpha for better understanding.
JazakALLAh.
Abbas Ali
Site Admin

Post by Abbas Ali »

^ Thank you Omair for the info.

Lahore Airport taxiways can be seen in this chart:

Abbas

See you at:
Abbas Ali
Site Admin

Post by Abbas Ali »

Turkish Airlines Boeing 777 using Lahore Airport secondary Runway 18R/36L for takeoff as the work on airport's main Runway 18L/36R re-construction, upgradation and allied works continues.

Abbas

See you at:
KSKJADOON
Registered Member

Post by KSKJADOON »

It seems Airlines such as Qatar have been asked to alter their flight schedule also.

We are due to travel from London to Lahore via Doha on 14th Feb. Previously, we had 1.5hr stopover in Doha which was ideal but now our flight times from Doha to Lahore have changed and the stopover is 7 hours. This will be nightmare travelling with an infant.

It seems Lahore Airport have sent notification to airlines to change their schedule.
KHURRAM JADOON - LONDON (UK)
Abbas Ali
Site Admin

Post by Abbas Ali »

Due to dense winter fog a number of airlines have rescheduled flight arrivals in Lahore in recent days.

Source: lahoreairport.com.pk

Abbas

See you at:
Abbas Ali
Site Admin

Post by Abbas Ali »

According to news reports:

Completion of Lahore Airport primary Runway 18L/36R reconstruction work is expected by the end of April this year. The runway is equipped with modern Instrument Landing System (ILS) to guide aircraft for safe landing on the runway in poor visibility/fog.

Lahore Airport runways:

Main Runway 18L/36R
Secondary Runway 18R/36L

Abbas

See you at: