Pakistan to be Added in England Red List from April 9

Discuss issues and news related to PIA, Pakistani airlines and Pakistan's civil & military aviation.
Abbas Ali
Site Admin

Pakistan to be Added in England Red List from April 9

Post by Abbas Ali »

Pakistan to be added to England’s red list from 9 April 2021, to protect UK against new variants of coronavirus (COVID-19) at a critical time for the vaccine programme.

From 4am on Friday 9 April, international visitors who have departed from or transited through Philippines, Pakistan, Kenya and Bangladesh in the previous 10 days will be refused entry into England. Only British and Irish citizens, or those with residence rights in the UK (including long-term visa holders), will be allowed to enter and they must stay in a government-approved quarantine facility for 10 days. They will also be required to arrive into a designated port. No direct flight bans from these countries will be put in place, but passengers are advised to check their travel plans before departing for England.

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/coun ... of-concern
Dil Dil Pakistan... Jaan Jaan Pakistan

See you at:
Amaad Lone
Registered Member

Re: Pakistan to be Added in England Red List from April 9

Post by Amaad Lone »

Pakistan on the red list means almost no traveling between Pakistan and England.

Plus Pakistani government providing vaccination to less than 1% of the population so we will probably stay on the red list for a while.
P.I.A

God's International Airline
Abbas Ali
Site Admin

Post by Abbas Ali »

Virgin Atlantic to review Pakistan flights from April 9.

The airline operates flights:

Between London and Islamabad
https://www.flightradar24.com/data/flights/vs378

Between Manchester and Islamabad
https://www.flightradar24.com/data/flights/vs362

Between London and Lahore
https://www.flightradar24.com/data/flights/vs364

Abbas

See you at:
Zulfiqar
Registered Member

Post by Zulfiqar »

Amaad Lone wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 10:35 am Pakistan on the red list means almost no traveling between Pakistan and England.

Plus Pakistani government providing vaccination to less than 1% of the population so we will probably stay on the red list for a while.
British Nationals and UK residents can travelling but need to quarantine, so correct, minimal travel Pak to UK but people can travel to Pakistan.

As for the vacations, how is the demand among the general public there for the vaccine?
Abbas Ali
Site Admin

Post by Abbas Ali »

From April 4 to 9, PIA will operate five flights with chartered aircraft to facilitate passengers travelling from Pakistan to UK.

Flights will be operated from Islamabad to Manchester.

These flights will enable around 1,700 passengers to return to UK after spending Good Friday and Easter holidays in Pakistan. Availability of tickets for these flights will be made easy for passengers.

Abbas

See you at:
planefan2003
Registered Member

Post by planefan2003 »

My family are stuck in Pakistan and they are saying all 5 flights are already full
Abbas Ali
Site Admin

Post by Abbas Ali »

Pakistan-UK flight fares have increased significantly, according to news sources.

Abbas

See you at:
Blackbird
Registered Member

Post by Blackbird »

The ISB to MAN flight on 9th April will land in UK only four hours after the deadline. Very unlucky for the passengers unless PIA and HiFly decide to operate it a few hours before the scheduled departure time from ISB enabling it to reach UK before the 4am deadline.
Nothing is constant except change
Badar42
Registered Member

Post by Badar42 »

No news on pia flights as yet.other than prices jumped significantly after announcement.People including me panicked and are desperate to go back before 9th. Yesterday I started looking for flights soon after the announcement and flights disappeared rapidly.VS from Islamabad was at point £2200 ,British at £1800 and Turkish at £1500,all one way.same was for karachi and Lahore. I managed to find a ticket which will take me longer way on 5 different flights for around £950.
pk363
Registered Member

Post by pk363 »

This decision by the British authorities defies logic as the list doesn't include countries, e.g. India, where the surge in cases is much higher than Pakistan. The decision seems to have been based on the principles of foreign policy rather than science [-X
A35K
Registered Member

Post by A35K »

pk363 wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 1:11 pm This decision by the British authorities defies logic as the list doesn't include countries, e.g. India, where the surge in cases is much higher than Pakistan. The decision seems to have been based on the principles of foreign policy rather than science [-X
From Dawn.com

Sources told Dawn one of the reasons behind Pakistan’s inclusion on the “red list” is that a significant percentage of those arriving from Pakistan tested positive on day two and day eight of their arrival in the UK.

As the UK prepares a phased-lifting of the national lockdown from April 12 in light of lower daily cases, the potential spread of Covid-19 in the Pakistani British community in the UK was a factor in the decision to restrict travel.

A spokesman for the UK’s transport department that reviews this list said: “The decision to add and remove countries from the red list is made by ministers informed by the latest scientific data and public health advice from a range of world-leading experts.”

“The risk assessments cover a range of factors for each country including assessment of surveillance/sequencing capability, available surveillance/genome sequen­cing data, evidence of in-country community transmission of Covid-19 variants, and travel connectivity with the UK.”

If sources are true than a large proportion of travellers from Pakistan getting positive tests is a significant concern and would warrant tougher restrictions.
Abbas Ali
Site Admin

Post by Abbas Ali »

Six chartered aircraft flights to be operated from Pakistan to UK from April 4 to 8 with PIA passengers.

April 4 Islamabad to Manchester
April 5 Islamabad to London
April 6 Islamabad to Manchester
April 7 Islamabad to Manchester
April 7 Islamabad to Manchester
April 8 Islamabad to Manchester

See you at:
pk363
Registered Member

Post by pk363 »

A35K wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 1:26 pm
pk363 wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 1:11 pm This decision by the British authorities defies logic as the list doesn't include countries, e.g. India, where the surge in cases is much higher than Pakistan. The decision seems to have been based on the principles of foreign policy rather than science [-X
From Dawn.com

Sources told Dawn one of the reasons behind Pakistan’s inclusion on the “red list” is that a significant percentage of those arriving from Pakistan tested positive on day two and day eight of their arrival in the UK.

As the UK prepares a phased-lifting of the national lockdown from April 12 in light of lower daily cases, the potential spread of Covid-19 in the Pakistani British community in the UK was a factor in the decision to restrict travel.

A spokesman for the UK’s transport department that reviews this list said: “The decision to add and remove countries from the red list is made by ministers informed by the latest scientific data and public health advice from a range of world-leading experts.”

“The risk assessments cover a range of factors for each country including assessment of surveillance/sequencing capability, available surveillance/genome sequen­cing data, evidence of in-country community transmission of Covid-19 variants, and travel connectivity with the UK.”

If sources are true than a large proportion of travellers from Pakistan getting positive tests is a significant concern and would warrant tougher restrictions.
I understand that they are taking such decision based on certain facts, data and their analysis, however I wonder how it is not the same for the people travelling in from India? Further one of the factors behind the current surge of cases in Pakistan is the British strain of the virus which scientist is much more contagious and should have been carried by the the people travelling from UK to Pakistan. Logically, Pakistani authorities should taken a preemptive approach to ban the travel of people from UK into Pakistan.
pk363
Registered Member

Post by pk363 »

Labor MP says the same in the British Parliament

https://www.dawn.com/news/1616269/briti ... s-not-data
A35K
Registered Member

Post by A35K »

pk363 wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 5:55 pm I understand that they are taking such decision based on certain facts, data and their analysis, however I wonder how it is not the same for the people travelling in from India?
I can only assume, given that the reasoning for putting a travel ban on Pakistan is that a significant amount of people are getting positive tests for coronavirus on their return back to UK, fewer travellers are testing positive from India. But that is just an assumption on my behalf given the information in Dawn that I quoted.

I suspect the rate of vaccinating the local population also plays a part in this. India is one of the leading manufacturers of Astrazeneca vaccine and has the ability to vaccinate its population much more quickly than Pakistan.
pk363 wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 5:55 pm Further one of the factors behind the current surge of cases in Pakistan is the British strain of the virus which scientist is much more contagious and should have been carried by the the people travelling from UK to Pakistan. Logically, Pakistani authorities should taken a preemptive approach to ban the travel of people from UK into Pakistan.
I agree. Restrictions in Pakistan should have been much tougher than they are.