COVID-19 Guidelines and Categories of International Passengers Allowed to Travel to Pakistan

Discuss issues and news related to PIA, Pakistani airlines and Pakistan's civil & military aviation.
Abbas Ali
Site Admin

COVID-19 Guidelines and Categories of International Passengers Allowed to Travel to Pakistan

Post by Abbas Ali »

Starting 4th October 2020, all International Travelers to Pakistan will require a mandatory negative COVID-19 RT-PCR test that has to be taken within 96 hours of the travel date.

Following countries are exempted from mandatory COVID-19 testing:

Australia
Belarus
Bulgaria
Canada
China
Cuba
El Salvador
Estonia
Fiji
Finland
Germany
Greece
Italy
Japan
Kazakhstan
Kenya
Latvia
Lithuania
Malawi
Malaysia
Myanmar
New Zealand
Norway
Poland
Rwanda
South Korea
Saudi Arabia
Senegal
Serbia
Singapore
Slovakia
Sri Lanka
Sweden
Thailand
Togo
Turkey
Uganda
Uruguay

Info Source: covid.gov.pk

Abbas
Last edited by Abbas Ali on Sat Nov 27, 2021 3:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dil Dil Pakistan... Jaan Jaan Pakistan

See you at:
adamalikhan
Registered Member

Re: International Passengers to Pakistan Required to Carry Negative COVID-19 RT-PCR Test Result

Post by adamalikhan »

So technically if you fly with Turkish Airlines from somewhere like the UK and transit via Istanbul, would that mean you do not need proof of the test?

BA may no longer need to increase capacity now as getting full flights of passengers who have managed to get covid negative tests will not be easy. It is difficult to get from the NHS and maybe not all are willing to pay 150 GBP on average to go private.
Abbas Ali
Site Admin

Re: International Passengers to Pakistan Required to Carry Negative COVID-19 RT-PCR Test Result

Post by Abbas Ali »

I think transit passenger not exempted. COVD-19 test requirement according to passenger's point of origin.

Abbas

See you at:
murtaza12
Registered Member

Post by murtaza12 »

Conveniently UAE is not on the list of exempt countries. Thanks CAA.
kash
Registered Member

Post by kash »

It's going to be very difficult for families travelling from UK in half term holidays in October or December as NHS covid testing is at breaking point. You cannot get a test as the website keeps telling you to try later. Even then there is no guarantee that the result comes back negative or that you get the email within 48 to 72 hours. I am aware that some people have been unable to board with Emirates as their test result arrived a week plus later! by then the result is of no use and plus you have missed your flight! Poor management decision by CAA! [-X
adamalikhan
Registered Member

Post by adamalikhan »

CAA asked for this in March but at that time only those hospitalised were being tested for Covid in the UK. Fast forward six months it is now possible to have this done privately an£ the average cost is 150GBP.
ahsan22
Registered Member

Post by ahsan22 »

Is there any further update on this? Is this rule being enforced. If someone is traveling from UK I assume PCR test results from any private lab will be acceptable? I will be grateful if someone can share exact on ground situation.
t_kaay
Registered Member

Post by t_kaay »

Although a negative covid test certificate is required for all passengers ENTERING Pakistan (apart from the exempt countries), am I right that saying not all airlines require one to depart Pakistan?? Etihad, Emirates, Qatar and Turkish require a negative certificate for your exit from Pakistan but I believe BA don't have any requirement for this?? If any one could confirm this?
adamalikhan
Registered Member

Post by adamalikhan »

It's not required by BA out of Pakistan but as the situation is very fluid, best to check before you depart.
t_kaay
Registered Member

Post by t_kaay »

adamalikhan wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 1:27 pm It's not required by BA out of Pakistan but as the situation is very fluid, best to check before you depart.
Thanks for the reply. I will check before I book. I'm planning on visiting Pakistan at the end of Oct for a couple of weeks but don't want to be tested in Pakistan if I can get around it. Worried about false result which means I will be stranded.
avidflyer
Registered Member

Post by avidflyer »

Dear forum members

I am looking to fly from Canada with either British Airways or Emirates which would mean a layover at Heathrow or Dubai for 4-5 hours. Since Canada is exempted from the COVID test requirement, does this rule apply to the passenger’s point of origin (Canada) or transiting through one of the airports in UK and UAE means that a negative PCR test is required before flying from Canada?
adamalikhan
Registered Member

Post by adamalikhan »

The list of countries from where pax were travelling and were exempt from having to provide the Covid test was due to be reviewed today, however nothing seems to have been updated. The website still says it is next due for review 08/10/2020.
Abbas Ali
Site Admin

Post by Abbas Ali »

avidflyer wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 11:48 pm Dear forum members

I am looking to fly from Canada with either British Airways or Emirates which would mean a layover at Heathrow or Dubai for 4-5 hours. Since Canada is exempted from the COVID test requirement, does this rule apply to the passenger’s point of origin (Canada) or transiting through one of the airports in UK and UAE means that a negative PCR test is required before flying from Canada?
I think test requirement is from passenger's point of origin not from transit point.

Abbas

See you at:
Abbas Ali
Site Admin

Post by Abbas Ali »

All International Travelers to Pakistan will require a mandatory negative COVID-19 RT-PCR test that has to be taken within 96 hours of the travel date.

Following countries are exempted from mandatory COVID-19 testing (list effective from October 19 to December 31):

1 Australia
2 China
3 Cuba
4 El Salvador
5 Finland
6 Germany
7 Ghana
8 Greece
9 Japan
10 Kazakhstan
11 Kenya
12 Latvia
13 Malawi
14 Malaysia
15 New Zealand
16 Nigeria
17 Norway
18 Rwanda
19 South Korea
20 Saudi Arabia
21 Senegal
22 Serbia
23 Singapore
24 Sri Lanka
25 Thailand
26 Togo
27 Turkey
28 Uruguay
29 Zambia
30 Zimbabwe

Source: covid.gov.pk

Part of questionnaire of international passengers traveling to Pakistan

Abbas

See you at:
ahmed.malik
Registered Member

Post by ahmed.malik »

As Heathrow is now offering pre-depature rapid saliva swab tests (Loop-mediated Isothermal Amplification) to detect presence of covid-19 in passengers, can we use this test to enter Pakistan or is it still have to be PCR test for covid19?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-54604100