British Airways Planning to Start Flights for Lahore

Discuss issues and news related to PIA, Pakistani airlines and Pakistan's civil & military aviation.
ba260
Registered Member

Re: British Airways Planning to Start Flights for Lahore

Post by ba260 »

I was really hoping a return of Lufthansa to Pakistan more than Virgin. I hope loads and yields do well for VS and BA, though be interesting to see who else jumps aboard to Pakistan.
AC Flown: 717, 737, 747, 757, 767, 777, 787, A220, A319, A320, A321, A321, A330, A350, A380, CRJ200, CRJ500, CRJ700, CRJ900, Cessna 172, E145, E170, E175, E190, MD-11, and MD-80.

EA, PA, AF, NZ, AA, BA, CO, DL, EK, EY, LA, LH, NW, PK, QF, QR, SV, TK, UA, US, & VA.
Amaad Lone
Registered Member

Post by Amaad Lone »

I was really hoping a return of Lufthansa to Pakistan more than Virgin. I hope loads and yields do well for VS and BA, though be interesting to see who else jumps aboard to Pakistan.
Pakistant o UK traffic is far greater then Pakistan and any other European country. With Pakistan UK flights you do not have to rely on 5th freedom rights and want to carry people onwards to different cities, as end to end traffic is good.

Plus with the closing of PIA the vacum for direct flights is great and hopefully these airlines will do a good job.
P.I.A

God's International Airline
Abbas Ali
Site Admin

Post by Abbas Ali »

British High Commissioner in Pakistan Christian Turner in an interview said that there are probably two factors in the very good news of British Airways both expanding its Islamabad route to daily and now starting four times a week in Lahore.

The first factor is obviously global aviation market very, very, hard hit by corona virus, flights not flying, people not traveling. So, they are looking for where the market is.

The second factor is the very strong people to people ties between the UK and Pakistan. About a million and a half of British people of Pakistani heritage are in the UK. They would be about three percent of the UK population in a few years. Around four hundred thousand people fly back forth every year between the UK and Pakistan and British Airways has seen that and thought we want a share of that market.

Abbas
Dil Dil Pakistan... Jaan Jaan Pakistan

See you at:
PIA-777
Registered Member

Post by PIA-777 »

ba260 wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:52 am With BA and VS both at Lahore, one of them will have to get booted, it will probably be VS just due to the timings of the flight doesn't meet any North American connections on the return. Be interesting how things shake up when PIA can actually return back to Europe & UK.
I thought the same and wondered if they had thought about US connections, but today I was checking some award bookings on Delta from Atlanta to Lahore in May 2021 and it seems like VS has adjusted timings in 2021 from April onwards. Screenshot attached

Edit: sorry i couldn't attach screenshot but the flight timings in May are

London (LHR) to Lahore (LHE) — Thu, May 13
Virgin Atlantic 364
Dep: 9:20 am
Arr: 8:50 pm
Duration: 7h 30m
Boeing 787-9

Lahore (LHE) to London (LHR) — Sat, May 22
Virgin Atlantic 365
Dep: 3:35 am
Arr: 8:10 am
Duration: 8h 35m
Boeing 787-9
Last edited by PIA-777 on Wed Sep 16, 2020 7:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
umar744
Registered Member

Post by umar744 »

perhaps maybe if B787-8 always full seats daily to LHE / ISB then why not upgrade to A380 or 744 or 35K or 77W 78X? how did last time PIA 747 always full seats every time same 777 always full seats but disappointed sad unfortunately PIA no longer fly to LHR / MAN / BHX I pray for PIA back flight to UK soon after 31 Dec 2020
SaadSalmanPIA
Registered Member

Post by SaadSalmanPIA »

Now when will us Karachiites get BA and VA?
Abbas Ali
Site Admin

Post by Abbas Ali »

Pakistan Civil Aviation Authority (CAA) is pleased to inform that the Government of Pakistan has approved British Airways to operate four weekly flights between London and Lahore.

However, the approval is stipulated with the condition to review the schedule/slot upon resumption of PIA UK operations.

From October 12, British Airways is starting four weekly flights between London and Lahore with Boeing 787 Dreamliner.

Abbas

See you at:
baberblues
Registered Member

Post by baberblues »

SaadSalmanPIA wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 9:12 am Now when will us Karachiites get BA and VA?
Not anytime soon, there isnt much of a market available for any airlines to come to Karachi, as that's a middle eastern hub. Lahore and Islamabad are restricted therefore its where that market is at currently.

Thats not to say that they wont come, in fact if there is any airline that I would personally like to see and could possibly make karachi work, it would be BA with its extensive connections.
ammad
Registered Member

Post by ammad »

SaadSalmanPIA wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 9:12 am Now when will us Karachiites get BA and VA?
Dynamics of Karachi are different, Most of the KHI bound pax travels to UAE and for KSA. During the Pre corona time there were 12 plus daily KHI-Dxb-khi flights which is way more than from any other part of Pakistan.

Due to corona virus, business and leisure travel is doomed, only sector left is family based O & D routes, and form the North Punjab region to UK there is very reasonable Pakistani diaspora used to travel via PIA. Now, PIA is banned and BA and VS don't really like to park planes and pay the lease amount instead they are lowering their ego and flying to places where they can pick family based O & D passenger just to break even the expenses, hence LHE flights came into play. However, ISB have premium traffic and route was established before Corona virus pandemic.

In my opinion just like good performance of ISB route compel BA to launch LHE flights, same will happen for Karachi, if ISB and LHE continue to perform better, KHI flights could be started but very least it will take a year to do so.
Fortune favours brave.
Tuti Fruiti
Registered Member

Post by Tuti Fruiti »

Abbas Ali wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 3:40 pm Image

Pakistan Civil Aviation Authority (CAA) is pleased to inform that the Government of Pakistan has approved British Airways to operate four weekly flights between London and Lahore.

However, the approval is stipulated with the condition to review the schedule/slot upon resumption of PIA UK operations.

From October 12, British Airways is starting four weekly flights between London and Lahore with Boeing 787 Dreamliner.

Abbas
it means BA flight to LHE is tied to UK permission for PIA flights to LHR? will BA really resume then to LHE??
Abbas Ali
Site Admin

Post by Abbas Ali »

^ BA Lahore flights slots not tied to EASA decision on PIA flights to/from Europe.

BA Lahore flights slots/frequencies can be reviewed after PIA resumes UK flights.

Decision most likely depends on bilateral Air Service Agreements (ASA) between Pakistan and UK.

Abbas

See you at:
SaadSalmanPIA
Registered Member

Post by SaadSalmanPIA »

I think Karachi is next because many people go to UK but they have to take Etihad and Emirates etc because of no British carrier coming here. Once this Lahore route starts performing nicely, they will certainly come to Karachi
SaadSalmanPIA
Registered Member

Post by SaadSalmanPIA »

baberblues wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 8:43 pm
Not anytime soon, there isnt much of a market available for any airlines to come to Karachi, as that's a middle eastern hub. Lahore and Islamabad are restricted therefore its where that market is at currently.

Thats not to say that they wont come, in fact if there is any airline that I would personally like to see and could possibly make karachi work, it would be BA with its extensive connections.
I would really love to see British Airways resuming flights to Karachi I am tired of continuously seeing these MIDDLE EASTERN airlines’s 777s. 😒
Abbas Ali
Site Admin

Post by Abbas Ali »

British Airways October 12 London to Lahore Boeing 787 Dreamliner inaugural flight BA259 information displayed on London Heathrow Airport website https://www.heathrow.com/.

Depart London (LHR) Date Mon, 12 Oct Time 17:55

Terminal 5

Check-in zone G

Check-in open time 14:55

Arrive Lahore (LHE) Date Tue, 13 Oct Time 05:40

Abbas

See you at:
cpt_747
Registered Member

Post by cpt_747 »

Lahore arrivals on FR24 showing BA for 05:40am for Tuesday
The orbital speed of the Earth around the Sun averages about 30 km/s or 18 mps (108,000 km/h or 67000 mph).
Which means we're travelling 97 times the speed of sound. And yet we can't feel the motion,
SubhanAllah