British Police ... PK785

Discuss issues and news related to PIA, Pakistani airlines and Pakistan's civil & military aviation.
SalamPaks
Registered Member

Post by SalamPaks »

I have to agree with cpt_747 here. While no police force is perfect, the Met is doing the best it possibly can under the current circumstances.
atmalik
Registered Member

Post by atmalik »

I think most peopl ewould like to see thier cities police work in a different way than it does. I dont think that is a possibility. But I think what cpt_747 is saying is definitely a good thing. I think we need to see more of that happening by police officials and not to see everyone in the same light. What needs to be realized is that not all muslims are like what they are potrayed to be. We just need to know when to difrentiate.
And as i said before lets wait and see what happens with this particular arrest that was made, could be legitimate reasons!!
cpt_747
Registered Member

Post by cpt_747 »

Regarding the arrest at Heathrow Airport; I can disclose that he was an illegal / prohibited immigrant and the arrest had nothing to do with the terrorism. He was deported the following evening to Pakistan (On PIA flight).

But it is good to know that so many people are agreeing with me on the issue of "The Way The MET Is Operating. And let me inform you that it is NOT an easy job to arrest or (in some cases) kill the right person, because the terrorists do not have any special features or look different than others. Therefore we have to treat everybody equally and wait for the right moment.

Anyway, I think it would be best to not to jump to the conclusion as that is another sign of stupidity and I am pretty sure that nobody on this forum is stupid otherwise you wouldn't be here

Over & Out!
The orbital speed of the Earth around the Sun averages about 30 km/s or 18 mps (108,000 km/h or 67000 mph).
Which means we're travelling 97 times the speed of sound. And yet we can't feel the motion,
SubhanAllah
Che
Registered Member

Post by Che »

^^Really....much like that poor Brazilian....
atmalik
Registered Member

Post by atmalik »

I think i will agree with cpt_747 here once again. Its not an easy job but somebody has to do it. As the sayinggoes "easier said then done".
And as for the Brazilian, well according to details he started running away from the police. I think any one in thier right mind would not even think about not stoping when asked to by cops in a situation like that. Although it is a sad incident, but think what you would have done in a situation like it if u were ever in it.
Dr LazyScientist
Registered Member

Post by Dr LazyScientist »

atmalik, an update for you.

The brazilian didn't run away, he wasn't even challenged until he was on the train, and he was wearing only a denim jacket!
He had taken 28 mins to get to the station, on foot and bus, and was followed the all the way by plain clothed police but they couldnt confirm his identity because the policeman operating the camera was in bathroom!
So, basically they followed him all the way on to the train and one officer grabbed him around his body to lock his arms so he couldnt move and then one or more of the others shot him seven times in the head, once in the shoulder and three shots missed! Oh, and the officer in charge of the operation had said that he was to be taken alive.

Sounds like an execution to me, American style (shoot and ask questions later). The officers responsible need to be dealt with, including the head of police.

I know the current situation in London is difficult, especially for our police officers, and on the whole they do a brilliant job BUT this was an almighty balls up and if the ones responsible are not bought to justice they will think they have a free reign to do whatever they wish!
W'salaam,
Dr LazyScientist
atmalik
Registered Member

Post by atmalik »

Dr. I like your nick, very nice.
Thnx for updating me on the facts about the brazilian. i wasnt aware of that. if that is the case then the people repsonsible need to be dealt with. WHat needs to be realized by the cops also is that in situations like this prudence needs to be observed to the utmost. what has happened is done, we cant do anything to change that. But we can make sure that going forward these kind of mistakes dont happen.
I guess its the times that we live in, what else can be said. Sad, Sad times. :?
cpt_747
Registered Member

Post by cpt_747 »

We regret every loss of life but we shouldn't forget the fact that it was the very first shooting of it's kind. We feel proud of ourselves when a year passes by without a bullet being used on someone.

At the same time I would like to remind you that as soon as we carry a gun, every little hazard & danger becomes bigger and we become the most vulnerable (at risk) people on planet. And taking a chance would mean we are history.

Dr. I do understand what you mean, but I can't answer to any of your questions, as the enquiry is still in progress.
The orbital speed of the Earth around the Sun averages about 30 km/s or 18 mps (108,000 km/h or 67000 mph).
Which means we're travelling 97 times the speed of sound. And yet we can't feel the motion,
SubhanAllah
amin007
Registered Member

Post by amin007 »

Well I totally agree with cpt_747 in this regard, there are few people who are bringing bad name to Islam and Pakistan, we must rectify this. As for the west; the ordinary people believe what the Jewish Media portrays...so its upto the educated lot of us to make the difference and create awareness among the masses about the true spirit of Islam.
I hope no body is offended by this! :P