London Heathrow to Miami and back

Forum for sharing world aviation photos.
Zulfiqar
Registered Member

London Heathrow to Miami and back

Post by Zulfiqar »

Some photos of my recent trip to Miami. I booked my flights to experience both the British Airways A388 on the outbound and B744 on the inbound flights.
My seat on the A388 was on the top deck economy aisle seat. My the flight was about 70% full so i managed to get 4 seats in the centre all to myself. However, the arm rests do not fold back completely, so it was not very comfortable to lie down across the four chairs for extended periods of time. The leg room was just about sufficient for me to sit up without my knee touching the seat in front. The flight was 9h15 min. No outside cam. Overall, a comfortable flight and the top deck was quiet.

Flight departs LHR T3. A quick and power takeoff

Nice clean interior on this 3-4 year old A380.

Lunch: Pasta with tomato and pesto. Potato salad and Cheesecake for dessert.Not bad.

Cabin with mode lighting, however, it was a daytime flight, and some windows open, so interior was quite bright.

Snack before landing.

Arrived 10 minutes before schedule.

A late night flight. A old, dull, small and crowded terminal wing at Miami. Not only Pakistani people crowd around the pre-boarding desk (even though boarding was by zone).

Return on a 21 year old B744. Could really notice that. Seats were tighter and i had to remove the inflight magazines to avoid my knee constantly touching them.

The tail of the delayed BA A388 can be seen in the background.

Small tv screens compared to A388.

Large kitchen/pantry of the B744.

Chicken curry and rice for dinner.

busy flight

nice pillow cover (propeller design).
Morning arrival in london.
Vaqar Khan
Registered Member

Re: London Heathrow to Miami and back

Post by Vaqar Khan »

Thanks for the report! Yes, BA's 747s are certainly showing their age. Flew on one to Toronto last summer. On return journey it was a 777.
Zulfiqar
Registered Member

Re: London Heathrow to Miami and back

Post by Zulfiqar »

Thanks Vaqar👍