Plans to decorate Aeroplanes (2006 - Visit Pakistan Year)

Discuss issues and news related to PIA, Pakistani airlines and Pakistan's civil & military aviation.
basit_s
Registered Member

Plans to decorate Aeroplanes (2006 - Visit Pakistan Year)

Post by basit_s »

2006 - Visit Pakistan Year
"The ministry has worked out a comprehensive schedule of events beginning from the advent of the New Year till December 2006 with a special focus on promoting the rich and diverse culture of Pakistan from the shores of Karachi to the Northern Areas including Cholistan and plains of Punjab," a source said.

The ministry has planned to launch a train safari for school children. "We are also planning to decorate aeroplanes and buses with bright colours," he added.
Source: Dawn
az inja boro. nemikham bebinamet dige toro.
piafan
Registered Member

Post by piafan »

The mentioned buses? Are they talking about mini-bus? also known as yellow devils?..minbus is already decorated.
PK777
Registered Member

Post by PK777 »

How about a special livery on the two Boeing 777-240LRs that are arriving at the start of the year ??
AP-BGL
Registered Member

Post by AP-BGL »

I dont think so they will give PIA 772LR's a special paint scheme, has PIA ever given a special paint scheme to any of the aircraft on any occasion? But still I want to see some of PIA a/c's in special colours. Examples are of Qantas, Malaysia etc...
Abbas Ali
Site Admin

Post by Abbas Ali »

Most probably they will put a small 'Visit Pakistan Year 2006' sticker on aircraft's fuselage like the one seen here on a Malaysian 747:

Link to large photo: http://www.airliners.net/open.file/456943/L/
Dil Dil Pakistan... Jaan Jaan Pakistan

See you at:
Falcon598
Registered Member

Post by Falcon598 »

AP-BGL wrote:I dont think so they will give PIA 772LR's a special paint scheme, has PIA ever given a special paint scheme to any of the aircraft on any occasion? But still I want to see some of PIA a/c's in special colours. Examples are of Qantas, Malaysia etc...
Well They did have stickers for certain occaisiosn as seen here:

http://www.historyofpia.com/markings.htm

Also when they inducted the 747-300s from Cathay Pacific they did put Pashmina livery on them first, then a couple of other aircraft. Then they changed most of them back to sporty 90s style as seen here:

http://www.historyofpia.com/livery99.htm
Abbas Ali
Site Admin

Post by Abbas Ali »

I had a photo of PIA Boeing 747 in 1980s livery with small logo of some field hockey tournament applied on its fuselage. I believe PIA was one of the main sponsors of that hockey tournament. I'll post that photo here when I find it.
Dil Dil Pakistan... Jaan Jaan Pakistan

See you at:
AP-BGL
Registered Member

Post by AP-BGL »

Sticker is smallest thing they can do but this time they are talking about giving special colours to a/c, lets see what acctually they do, but yes if they cannot give the special colours they can put a big sticker on a/c like this Malaysian airlines a/c.
PK777
Registered Member

Post by PK777 »

Its always an option, considering the B772LR are going to be painted in the latest colours and delivered at the start of the year maybe they can paint the aircrafts in a special scheme instead.

Unlike previous aircrafts that were already in PIA colours, these two aircrafts have yet to painted maybe they can design and paint these two aircrafts only to celebrate the occassion ...
basit_s
Registered Member

Post by basit_s »

Daily Times - Site Edition Monday, August 22, 2005

Pakistan's soft image: Foreign PR firms may be hired

ISLAMABAD:
Dissatisfied with the performance of foreign missions, the federal government is planning to engage international public relations companies and advertising agencies to promote a softer image of the country.

Official sources told Daily Times that President General Pervez Musharraf and Prime Minister Shaukat Aziz had directed media consultants to prepare a comprehensive international media strategy. A team of media consultants, led by Mehreen Khan, was already working at the Prime Minister's Secretariat to deal with international media affairs.

Sources said that the group of consultants held a few meetings with the president and the prime minister and apprising them of the salient features of the campaign involving the international newspapers and television channels.

One of the main tasks of the consultants is to counter the "negative" propaganda against Pakistan by recognised newspapers and television channels. Sources said that the international media campaign assisted by advertising agencies and public relations firms would promote Pakistan's culture and tourism. The campaign would also project Pakistan as attractive for investment. However, it was not clear how much money would be required to launch such a big image-building drive.

According to the proposal, a rapid response unit will be set up to monitor and counter the international media reports aiming to malign Pakistan's image. shahzad raza
az inja boro. nemikham bebinamet dige toro.
Nasir
Registered Member

Post by Nasir »

It's high-time Pakistan created a promotional strategy. India has been doing this (deliberately, or not) since the 60's...
PK777
Registered Member

Post by PK777 »

Nasir, how about some designs ??

How about putting some of the famous pakistan landmarks on the side of the fuselage and a "Visit Pakistan 2006" logo :idea: :?: