London to Karachi and back via Muscat - Oman air (new photos added Aug '18)

Share photos of PIA, Pakistani airlines, Pakistani airports and photos related to civil & military aviation of Pakistan.
Zulfiqar
Registered Member

London to Karachi and back via Muscat - Oman air (new photos added Aug '18)

Post by Zulfiqar »

Some photos from Heathrow while travelling to Karachi recently. Flight was at 20:50. Checked in online so dropping my luggage and getting a proper boarding card took about 10 minutes. There was a big queue for those who had not checked in online.

Qatar Airways A359. There were about 3-4 QR- cargo planes at Heathrow as well (QR 74F on the left. 2 emirates and 1 Qantas A380 in the background, also an Etihad A380 was parked at Terminal 4)

My ride , Oman Air 787-9

Air Malta A320, Gulf air and KLM 738

Boarding was on time, however not very well planned as most people rushed to board. It was a particularly warm evening at heathrow. We pushed back at about 21:20.

Snack and a drink given about 30 minutes after take off. It was quite tasty!

Dinner followed. a choice of 3... lamb, chicken or vegetable option. I went for Lamb kofta. It was served with date sauce and okra (bhindi) sauce. chickpea salad, and a apricot crumble. Actually was quite nice.

It was a full flight. 789 cabin. Neath and clean however, a couple more inches of leg room (seat pitch) would be better on a long haul. My knees kept touching the pocket in front and this was annoying. The ride from Muscat to Karachi on the older 738 was noticeably more comfortable as there was an inch more leg room and was slightly wider. The IFE programme was well stocked.

Tea coffee and a choice of muffin or a hot vegetable pastry provided before landing.

Landed in Muscat about 10 minutes behind schedule. The new airport is much bigger and shinier. I missed the old airport where passengers were bussed in and it was easy to get around in the terminal. Oman air has grown substantially and now have lots more aircraft since I last flew them.
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=20637&p=141249&hili ... ar#p141249
view of the terminal with Salam air A320 and Oman Air 789

Next leg as mentioned was on the 737-800

B738 cabin
IFE consisted of overhead screen but no headphones were provided for this short journey (1:30 minutes)

Breakfast / lunch provided. Aaloo ki sabzi, vegetable cutlet, daal, paratha, fruits, yogurt, tea/coffee.
Image.

descending over the Arabian sea.

PIA 772 AP-BMH - all white, waiting to be dressed.

KHI and ever present Emirates 777-300ER

Return flight was at 23:35 delayed to 00:10. Karachi airport was busy. Apart from Oman Air, Thai, Air China, PIA, Flydubai, Emirates, Etihad and Saudia flights were also departing. Due to darkness photo quality is not great to put it mildly.

Flight load was very light as it was late on Eid night and I moved to emergency exit seat.

skipped the main course and ate the sides.

Air China A332 to Beijing CA946. could not get a clear photo of Thai.

Ride from KHI after landing in Muscat.

787-9 to London

Service agenda

Menu

Main meal was breakfast but it was not the best.

738 seats in economy felt were more spacious than economy seats in 787-9. This was also because there are too any magazines etc in the front pocket. These can be stored away in overhead boxes to gain a few extra cms.
Thanks for viewing.
Last edited by Zulfiqar on Tue Sep 04, 2018 5:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Abbas Ali
Site Admin

Re: London to Karachi via Muscat - Oman air

Post by Abbas Ali »

Nice trip report.

Abbas
Dil Dil Pakistan... Jaan Jaan Pakistan

See you at:
Zulfiqar
Registered Member

Post by Zulfiqar »

^^ Thank you.
Vaqar Khan
Registered Member

Post by Vaqar Khan »

Great report and photographs as always!
Zulfiqar
Registered Member

Post by Zulfiqar »

Thank you Vaqar. Much appreciated!
I do realise that my photos are not the sharpest as they are taken from inside terminals and planes, which means the windows need to be clean. (and also my mastery over the phone camera needs improvement!).
Zulfiqar
Registered Member

Re: London to Karachi and back via Muscat - Oman air (new photos added Aug '18)

Post by Zulfiqar »

New photos of return trip added.
Abrardh1
Registered Member

Re: London to Karachi and back via Muscat - Oman air (new photos added Aug '18)

Post by Abrardh1 »

Always a pleasure to read your trip reports.
Happy flying.
Abrar Din Hussain