PIA Karakoram Air Safari from August 14

Discuss issues and news related to PIA, Pakistani airlines and Pakistan's civil & military aviation.
piafan
Registered Member

Post by piafan »

what kind of plane configuration do they fly? For that kind of money and assuming it is like 1 hour plane ride..they should provide VIP service good food and also some nice entertainment.

they are fleecing people if they are flying regular configuration plane.
AP-BGL
Registered Member

Post by AP-BGL »

I dont think so there will be any VIP plane... It will be 737 with regular configuration. And yes i agree with you piafan they are charging too much for this short flight.
SalamPaks
Registered Member

Post by SalamPaks »

piafan wrote:what kind of plane configuration do they fly? For that kind of money and assuming it is like 1 hour plane ride..they should provide VIP service good food and also some nice entertainment.

they are fleecing people if they are flying regular configuration plane.
I think you are missing the point. The flight is purely a sightseeing venture. It's not an orient express of the skies proposition. The entertainment is outside the window. The value is purely in the window seat.
Falcon598
Registered Member

Post by Falcon598 »

Wow those are beautiful mountains what beauty!!!! I think I might go on one in Dec. since thats when I am going next and its relatively inexpensive. I had to delay my trip because I was going for a wedding, they moved it to december so now thats when I am going.
Falcon598
Registered Member

Post by Falcon598 »

BTW they have used that ad on their site and have posted the price. Here is the link:

http://www.piac.com.pk/airsafari.htm
Abbas Ali
Site Admin

Post by Abbas Ali »

Boundless beauty of majestic mountains unfolded through PIA's Safari flight

ISLAMABAD, Aug 15 APP: Splendid beauty of majestic mountains of the Northern Areas was unfolded on Sunday when Pakistan International Airlines Karakoram Air Safari cruised through mystical region.

Inaugurated by Defence Minister Rao Skindar Iqbal at Islamabad Airport on the occasion of Independence Day the Mountain Safari flight has been started with coordination and consultation of tour operators, Ministry of Tourism and other stakeholders to attract domestic and foreign tourists.

The 90-minute inaugural flight carrying tourists, members of the diplomatic corps, representatives of tour operators and senior officials of PIA took off at 10 a.m and soon entered the land of mega mountains where high peaks,including the world's second highest peak K2, lakes, dales, meadows, valleys and glaciers gave a spell-bound look of one of the most beautiful regions of the world. The sky was clear and snow- capped peaks glittered the atmosphere by reflecting sun rays in different directions.

Minister for Tourism G.G Jamal and Chairman PIA Tariq Kirmani wasalso on board.

Five of the world's 14 tallest mountains (over 8000 meters) are situated in Northern Areas including K-2, Nanga Parbat,, Broad Peak, Hidden Peak and Gasherbrum 11. The flight flew over Abbottabad, Kaghan valley passed by the sleeping beauty Nanga Parbat and flew around K-2 and landed at Skardu Airport for a brief stop.

The famous glaciers, valleys of Hunza, Gilgit, Skardu, Kaghan, Naran and Chitral and meadows were all a treat to watch.

Before inaugurating the flight, Defence Minister Rao Skindar Iqbal at Islamabad Airport said the Air Safari will attract tourists from abroad which will promote tourism in the country.

Chairman PIA Tariq Kirmani said the Air Safari will operate once a week (Sunday) which has been started after careful planning and in consultation with all stake- holders. He hoped international tourists will visit Pakistan in large numbers and take the Safari flight which will take them to wonders of the world.

Source: APP
Dil Dil Pakistan... Jaan Jaan Pakistan

See you at:
PK777
Registered Member

Post by PK777 »

I have been to Lake Saif-Ul Maluk, Naran from Islamabad/Rawalpindi by car and it took me 8 hours to get there !! I would love to go on this tour by aircraft only if the aircraft is a B737 though.
AP-BGL
Registered Member

Post by AP-BGL »

PK777 wrote:I have been to Lake Saif-Ul Maluk, Naran from Islamabad/Rawalpindi by car and it took me 8 hours to get there !! I would love to go on this tour by aircraft only if the aircraft is a B737 though.
Oh yes!!! Now you are absolutly going because it is a 737 for the trip.