PIA Logo - Gold is Back

Discuss issues and news related to PIA, Pakistani airlines and Pakistan's civil & military aviation.
TAC777
Registered Member

PIA Logo - Gold is Back

Post by TAC777 »

PIA's new logo on FaceBook reminds us of 80s Sohni Dharti - Green & Gold Livery which was designed by Negus & Negus, please bring this livery back on new fleet which will join PIA in future, or at least paint a few of them in this 80s livery or retro livery!
Abbas Ali
Site Admin

Re: PIA Logo - Gold is back

Post by Abbas Ali »

I also noticed PIA Urdu logo in golden colour on airline's official website in these two messages and thought it was used by someone for these two examples only.

Source: piac.aero

Source: piac.aero

Btw, does anyone know the name of Chinese artist who created PIA Urdu logo? The Chinese artist who created this logo knew Urdu script.

Abbas
Dil Dil Pakistan... Jaan Jaan Pakistan

See you at:
Hamad
Registered Member

Re: PIA Logo - Gold is Back

Post by Hamad »

I really hope that what we can see on their FB Page or on their Website is a change of the Logo.
The Golden Urdu Logo looks wonderful especially on the advertisement with the green background colour.
Best Regards / Wa´alaikumusalam
raihans
Registered Member

Post by raihans »

TAC777 wrote:Image

PIA's new logo on FaceBook reminds us of 80s Sohni Dharti - Green & Gold Livery which was designed by Negus & Negus, please bring this livery back on new fleet which will join PIA in future, or at least paint a few of them in this 80s livery or retro livery!
Lol...you have shown amazing copy & paste efforts with small changes (me changed to us) of my post from FB, which I posted on PIA page on friday =D>

Btw, PIA shown positive sign for bringing the Gold back, on the same post :D lets see for the upcoming fleet...
Raihan SR Bakhsh

flickr.com/photos/raihanshahzad
EY-B77W, A345, A320, A319, EK-B773, B77W, A388, FZ-B738, GF-L1011, B732, A332, A320, A319, KU-A343, AB6, A310, A320, NL-A320, PK-B707/720, B733, B772, B77L, AB4, A310, A320, QR-A320, A321, A333, A359, A35X, B77W, B788, WY-B738, B739, A333
Abbas Ali
Site Admin

Post by Abbas Ali »

PIA new logo & streak unveiled at Multan International Airport today.

Abbas

See you at:
Abbas Ali
Site Admin

Post by Abbas Ali »

Green background.

White background.

Images Source: PIA

Abbas

See you at:
momers
Registered Member

Post by momers »

Great going!

Since the privatisation talks began, I had been hoping/wishing/fantasizing that someone in the management would have the sense to utilize the urdu script more AND use it in GOLD, like older times! Why not one more change after the million past livery changes?! Gold is regal, and see how effectively Emirates uses it!

But only if logos made an airline, but a good step, hopefully more positives to follow ALONG with privatisation!

About the Chinese designer, it would be good to know who the guy was. Emirates also had its logo designed by the Negus guys, the same who did PIA I think?
Abbas Ali
Site Admin

Post by Abbas Ali »

PIA Reservation & Ticketing office at Allama Iqbal International Air Port (AIIAP) - Lahore with new signboard showing airline's new logo and streak.

Abbas

See you at:
Abbas Ali
Site Admin

Post by Abbas Ali »

A PIA Suzuki Carry sporting airline's new logo and streak seen parked at Lahore Airport. The vehicle's door still has old logo.

Strangely the new streak and logo that was unveiled in January 2014 has not been introduced on PIA aircraft so far.

Abbas

See you at:
Pakistan-1
Registered Member

Post by Pakistan-1 »

My Design has the streak :p
Special Concept Livery to celebrate Pakistan's 70th year of Independence
CoyBoy
Registered Member

Post by CoyBoy »

Abbas it appears that they think this new look ties in with the aircraft livery, the bulky green bit being the tail part, there might be no changes in that case.
Abbas Ali
Site Admin

Post by Abbas Ali »

^ Yes, that's possible because they did not introduce new green & yellow streak in corporate logo when green & yellow streak was introduced on aircraft livery in 2010.

But the shape of streak in corporate logo and aircraft livery should be same in my opinion.

Secondly, why they dropped PIA acronym from corporate logo? The PIA acronym exists on aircraft fuselage?

The corporate logo does not fully match with livery painted on aircraft.

Abbas

See you at:
CoyBoy
Registered Member

Post by CoyBoy »

This is what basic livery might look like, not sure whats due on tail with PIA gone.

Abbas Ali
Site Admin

Post by Abbas Ali »

^ I think Pakistan flag will be retained on tail. Fuselage most likely will have "PAKISTAN" titles with "International Airlines" painted in smaller size below "PAKISTAN" like seen in corporate logo. Maybe "PAKISTAN" above cabin window line and "International Airlines" below cabin window line?

PIA Urdu logo most likely will stay at its place near flight deck windows.

"PIA" on aircraft tail I think will never come back.

I remember Pakistan flag was restored on PIA aircraft tail in 2010 after a senior parliamentary committee meeting head protested against removal of Pakistan flag from PIA aircraft tail. At that time PIA aircraft were sporting province tail livery that was introduced in 2006 to replace flag tail livery of year 2004.

So, removal of Pakistan flag from aircraft tail I think will be considered as an "unpatriotic" move by some influential people having little knowledge about history of PIA tail logo.

Secondly, a new generation has grown up watching flag tail livery and apparently they like it.

Abbas

See you at:
CoyBoy
Registered Member

Post by CoyBoy »

Thats so disturbing to learn, its almost like blasphemy now, shame on them.