Bangkok Don Muang Airport With Flood Water

Forum for sharing world aviation photos.
Abbas Ali
Site Admin

Bangkok Don Muang Airport With Flood Water

Post by Abbas Ali »

Airplanes are reflected in flood waters in Bangkok's domestic Don Muang airport at dawn on November 1, 2011.

Airplanes are seen parked on the flooded tarmac at Don Muang airport in Bangkok October 30, 2011.

An aircraft is parked in floodwaters at Don Mueang airport in Bangkok.

Thai workers on a truck pass by an airplane at the flooded Don Muang Airport in Bangkok, Thailand on Friday, Oct. 28, 2011.

Photos & Info Source: Yahoo! News

Abbas
Dil Dil Pakistan... Jaan Jaan Pakistan

See you at:
Nasir
Registered Member

Re: Bangkok Don Muang Airport With Flood Water

Post by Nasir »

The aircraft don't look to be in working order to begin with (engines missing, dirt stains due to long lack of use). Is this level of flood all the way to the terminals where operating aircraft are parked?
Abbas Ali
Site Admin

Post by Abbas Ali »

The airport was closed on October 25, according to news sources and probably remains closed.

In case they had advance warning about coming flood waters, the airport authorities might have given a time frame to owners of aircraft in airworthy condition to disperse their aircraft to other airfields in Thailand and neighbouring countries.

Here's photo of a Thai Airways Airbus A300 taken at the airport.
Source: BBC News

Abbas

See you at:
umar744
Registered Member

Post by umar744 »

salam hello I am Thai Airways staff's spouse.. I am very sad of news in Bangkok flood.
Yes I flew TG A300-600R=AB6 HS-TAK Dubai-Bangkok jump seat rider in April 1996. HS-TAK and HS-TAL heavy maintance and check D to Hangers but one more 1 TG 747400 HS-TG...? still inside hanger but my wife will try to find out Registration number HS-TG... which one A B F G H J K L M N O P R T W X Y Z will let me know soon. Some TG flight cancelled when low load. but new BKK airport still operation. My BKK home luck no flood but only outside drain still flood and my parent in law try pump flood outside house to road. Sad news my some friend TG cockpit crew and cabin crew house still flood. My friend Captain A340's house flood 5 feet water high then his family and he stay flight operations dept in new BKK airport. I pray for all them recovery. sad news unfortunately my ankle broke by road accident car hit me traffic cross on 7th October and I cannot walk until hospital will result me. my ankle had been operation 25th October and I will go to hospital on Wednesday 7th December 2011. Please pray for my ankle and me. I miss all you. My best regards great salam hello to all you. Love from Umar
umar744
Registered Member

Post by umar744 »

salam hello I got confirmed TG 5th B777-2D7ER reg is HS-TJV inside hanger ONLY NOT B747
Abbas Ali
Site Admin

Post by Abbas Ali »

umar744 wrote:HS-TAK and HS-TAL heavy maintance and check D to Hangers
Here's photo of the two Thai Airways Airbus A300B4-622R aircraft (registration HS-TAK and HS-TAL) sitting in flood waters at Don Muang Airport on November 16, 2011.

Click here to see large photo.

Abbas

See you at:
Abbas Ali
Site Admin

Post by Abbas Ali »

Royal Thai Air Force Airbus A319-115X CJ (HS-TYR) photographed on November 4, 2011.

Royal Thai Air Force Lockheed Martin C-130H Hercules photographed on November 4, 2011.

Abbas

See you at: