Photos from MEM: The Home of Fedex and More

Forum for sharing world aviation photos.
falcone
Registered Member

Photos from MEM: The Home of Fedex and More

Post by falcone »

Hello all!

I got a chance to try out my new camera and take some photos of birds landing in Memphis, TN! Memphis is the home of Fedex, so there are quite a few photos of Fedex birds.

Enjoy!

Fedex (FDX) A300F4 on Finals

Fedex MD-10 creating some weather on this humid morning

Finally, the most elegant Fedex 777FS2

atmalik
Registered Member

Re: Photos from MEM: The Home of Fedex and More

Post by atmalik »

nice pics, thnx for the share........
falcone
Registered Member

Post by falcone »

atmalik: nice pics, thnx for the share........
Thank you!

Here are some more pictures. There are a lot more Fedex aircraft, a number of Delta/Northwest aircraft (Memphis is a hub for Delta/Northwest) and an AirTran bird. Enjoy!
(I've tried to identify the aircraft the best I can; if something is incorrect, please feel free to indicate the correct aircraft type.)

Northwest Airlines (Delta) Bombardier CRJ-200 in classic 1990's NWA livery (No, I did not turn the camera at an odd angle; the plane was turning to line up for its approach.)

Former NWA Saab 340 in the new Delta colors

Former NWA Airbus A333X in Delta Colors

Former NWA Airbus A320 in Delta Colors on finals

NWA (Delta) Embraer 175

Classic former NWA McDonnell Douglas (Boeing) DC-9-50? in Delta Colors

AirTran Airways Boeing 717

Fedex McDonnell Douglas (Boeing) MD-11 on finals (special shout out to Mr. SEANDSILVA)

Fedex McDonnell Douglas (Boeing) MD-10 banking to starboard right over me!

Fedex Airbus A300B4 (converted passenger airliner to freighter)

Fedex Airbus A300F4

Fedex Boeing 727-200 with hushkits; these birds are getting quite rare nowadays because Fedex is replacing them with converted 757-200s.

Fedex Boeing 757-200 converted freighter; these are replacing the venerable Boeing 727-200s in the Fedex Fleet.

Thanks for viewing! :D
falcone
Registered Member

Post by falcone »

Hello everyone.

I haven't been able to get much spotting in because of the imminent approach of final exams and because the weather has not been too cooperative. Thus, I've only got a couple of okay shots this time around. Enjoy!

Fedex MD-11 on approach.

UPS MD-11 on approach. This one caught me by surprise and I was not able to get decent quality images. Anyway, once again, special shout out to Mr. SEANDSILVA-here's the photo I mentioned in my earlier post.

Delta 763ER; Delta replaced the regular A333 on the MEM-AMS route with the 763ER. I know a couple of people that recently travelled on the MEM-AMS flight on the 763ER and they were not impressed with the change in aircraft. They did not like the older interior of the 763ERs used here. Personally, when I flew on Delta's 763ERs a couple of years ago, I thought they were all right except that the leg room was a bit tight for me.

Finally, I couldn't resist taking a photo of this marvel!

Thanks for viewing! :D
raihans
Registered Member

Post by raihans »

thank you falcone for sharing these beautiful shots...

like this one :)
Raihan SR Bakhsh

flickr.com/photos/raihanshahzad
EY-B77W, A345, A320, A319, EK-B773, B77W, A388, FZ-B738, GF-L1011, B732, A332, A320, A319, KU-A343, AB6, A310, A320, NL-A320, PK-B707/720, B733, B772, B77L, AB4, A310, A320, QR-A320, A321, A333, A359, A35X, B77W, B788, WY-B738, B739, A333
Charles022
Registered Member

Post by Charles022 »

Some great photos here! Can never get enough of Tri-jets and that 777F =D>
falcone
Registered Member

Post by falcone »

@Raihans:

Thank you very much! I enjoy seeing your unique photos from KWI as well!

@ Charles:

Thank you very much! Yes, we get tons of tri-jets here; i've recently missed the T7, though. I enjoy seeing at your photos as well, especially the night shots you have taken.

It's support like this that helps keep you photographing. Thanks again to you both and to everyone that has viewed or left comments.

I haven't been able to photograph a lot lately because of final exams, but I hope to have some more photos posted pretty soon.

Thanks again.

Falcone
falcone
Registered Member

Post by falcone »

Hello all! Here are some more that I took during some study breaks during final exams. The weather was quite cloudy and rainy during this time period, so I apologize for the quality of some of the shots.

Fedex MD-11F

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Little Bird and Big Bird: Fedex MD-11F and a Sparrow (?)

Thank you for viewing and your comments are always appreciated! :D

Falcone

Fedex MD-11F

Fedex MD-10-10

Fedex MD-10-10 (Heavily edited; I got good weather effects, but the contrast was horrible; I just had to edit it a lot to make the weather stand out)

Fedex Airbus A-310F

Fedex 727-200F (an increasingly rare breed nowadays due to Fedex replacing these classics with 757-200s)

Delta (NW) Airbus A-320

Air Evac Lift Team Bell JetRanger ... (Please feel free to add what type this helicopter is.)

Thank you for viewing and your comments are always appreciated! :D

Falcone
raihans
Registered Member

Post by raihans »

falcone wrote:@Raihans:

Thank you very much! I enjoy seeing your unique photos from KWI as well!
thank you for appreciation....not doing much photoshots these days but will post soon some of the photos which i taken some while back...
Raihan SR Bakhsh

EY-B77W, A345, A320, A319, EK-B773, B77W, A388, FZ-B738, GF-L1011, B732, A332, A320, A319, KU-A343, AB6, A310, A320, NL-A320, PK-B707/720, B733, B772, B77L, AB4, A310, A320, QR-A320, A321, A333, A359, A35X, B77W, B788, WY-B738, B739, A333
falcone
Registered Member

Post by falcone »

Salams everyone! It's been a while, but since I've got some free time now, here is some stuff that I have had saved for a while:

Not exactly from Memphis, but still: I was on the way back to Memphis last July (2010):)

Emirates Airbus A340-300 taking off from DXB (taken while going to explore Dubai).

Enjoy!

Thanks,

Falcone
falcone
Registered Member

Post by falcone »

Here are some photos from when I was travelling in late 2010 for medical school interviews. Of course, all flights originated from Memphis, TN.

Kalitta Air 747-200F on short finals to MEM:

Detroit Airport: Amazing light and music show that constantly cycles here.

Delta Airbus A320 parked next to us as we pull in from DTW

DL Boeing 737-800 parked at DTW

Snow-covered airport in Pennsylvania

Thanks for viewing! I'll try to have more up later on.

As always, feedback is appreciated!

Thanks,

Falcone
raihans
Registered Member

Post by raihans »

excellent shots, like the one of EK A340; thanks for sharing...
Raihan SR Bakhsh

kamalla
Registered Member

Post by kamalla »

Excellent pictures, I missed this thread somehow when you posted all the shots form MEM last year. Brings back memories of all my trips to Memphis from Toronto on Pinnacle Airlines (NW Connect). I recall getting a pretty good view of approaching aircraft to one of the runways from the AVIS (car rental) parking lot. Also, recall seeing Tennessee ANG aircraft parked at their apron, visible from Democrat Rd while traveling in the AVIS shuttle. But the real treat at MEM is definitely FedEx. I always used to make time for lunch at the Airport, the restaurant area used to overlook the runways.... Friday afternoons/evenings were quite busy for FedEx!
SEANDSILVA
Registered Member

Post by SEANDSILVA »

You've got some lovely triholer pics mate! Not to miss the smokey A300s and vintage 727Fs!
falcone
Registered Member

Post by falcone »

It's been a while guys, what with trips and the the start of professional school, I really haven't had the time to edit and post any pics, hence the late replies to the kind words (sorry for the tardiness):

@ Kamalla: Thanks! I'm glad these pictures evoked fond memories of your trips to MEM; they evoke fond memories for me, too since I am away from MEM currently for school and practically jump for joy when I hear an airplane or see contrails (there isn't too much flying going on where I am currently)! Yes, the highlight is FX and it's wonderful heavies, particularly the graceful 777F! I do have to admit that the wingletted 763ERs are quite enjoyable as well!

@ SEANDSILVA: Thanks, and I'm glad you liked the triholer photos. The 727Fs are practically gone now with the advancement in the numbers of 757Fs in FX's fleet. The MD-10s and MD-11s are till there with an occasional MD-11F from UPS as well.

I've got photos from an air show I attended (including photos of the USAF Thunderbird Demo Team), and will see what I can do about posting them as time permits, so stay tuned...

Thanks again!