European Airline (Luftline ?) Looking for GSA in Pakistan

Discuss issues and news related to PIA, Pakistani airlines and Pakistan's civil & military aviation.
Abbas Ali
Site Admin

European Airline (Luftline ?) Looking for GSA in Pakistan

Post by Abbas Ali »

Saw following advertisement in today's (February 6) newspaper:

"An International Airline, headquartered in Europe, is looking for a reputable General Sales Agent (GSA) for its expansion and operation into Pakistan in Spring 2011."

Interested parties are requested to contact LuftLine (www.luftline.com) at an addess in Frankfurt, Germany.

Dil Dil Pakistan... Jaan Jaan Pakistan

See you at:
Abbas Ali
Site Admin

Re: European Airlines (Luftline ?) Looking for GSA in Pakist

Post by Abbas Ali »

Seems like LuftLine has given this advertisement for itself because according to information on LuftLine website www.luftline.com, the company has plans to operate flights on London-Lahore and London-Islamabad route.

Btw, I could not find information about type of aircraft in current fleet of LuftLine or type of aircraft to be inducted their fleet.

I hope it's not some sort of company 'existing only on paper' or a fantasy airline.

Abbas

See you at:
malpensa26
Registered Member

Re: European Airline (Luftline ?) Looking for GSA in Pakista

Post by malpensa26 »

probabley a bunch of pakistani investers who aim high but reality is quite different, like Swefly... :roll:

and their brochure shows A330 in their livery

http://www.luftline.com/Websites/luftli ... _small.pdf
mhansari
Registered Member

Post by mhansari »

Their travel agency flier shows an A320 in a different LuftLine livery.
Abbas Ali
Site Admin

Post by Abbas Ali »

Probably they intend to use leased aircraft ? I don't think LuftLine own any aircraft at the moment.

Will be interesting to know whether they have valid Air Operator's Certificate (AOC) and ICAO/IATA codes issued to them or not.

Found following videos on YouTube. Seems like they also have plans to start flights from Athens to Lahore and Islamabad with refueling stop in Tbilisi (Georgia) in all-economy class. The refueling stop indicates the aircraft they plan to use will not be a long range aircraft. Could be Airbus A320 family aircraft ?

Sialkot is also considered as a future destination by this airline.

Kind of Funny commercials.

Abbas

See you at:
haroon_ek
Registered Member

Post by haroon_ek »

Their website http://www.luftline.com/ states that they will operate direct flights to Lahore only as:

Athens ↔ Lahore
London ↔ Lahore
Frankfurt ↔ Lahore

It is sure that they will use long-range aircraft for these flights.
JIAP
Registered Member

Post by JIAP »

They are not having direct flights they are making a stop at Tbilisi for refuelling, like airblue does for Manchester
4 engine's 4 wasting fuel
SalamPaks
Registered Member

Post by SalamPaks »

JIAP wrote:They are not having direct flights they are making a stop at Tbilisi for refuelling, like airblue does for Manchester
In airline parlance, direct means same plane service. You are thinking of non-stop service. OTOH, many airlines have direct flights between two city pairs, where the connecting flight is not the same aircraft or even the same type of equipment - a personal pet peeve of mine.
Pineapple
Registered Member

Post by Pineapple »

malpensa26 wrote:probabley a bunch of pakistani investers who aim high but reality is quite different, like Swefly... :roll:
Reminds me of UKIA, remember that airline started by some local investor, it had to wrap up operations within a few months.
4 engines 4 long-haul
JawadKHIYYZ
Registered Member

Post by JawadKHIYYZ »

the brochure makes them look like a credible, impressive concern, well-prepared for a dynamic launch...which i highly doubt...but one thing is for sure, there is potential in the market they are willing to tap. voids have been left by PK and BA's absence/fleeting presence...I remember reading on another forum, maybe facebook (was it behramjee?) that Sir Richard Branson said in an interview, if he could buy an airline, he would buy PIA just cause of the market that exists for the airline

anyway, good wishes for Luftline...if this works out, they will be the only EU airline operating to Pakistan
Jacobin777
Registered Member

Post by Jacobin777 »

haroon_ek wrote:Their website http://www.luftline.com/ states that they will operate direct flights to Lahore only as:

Athens ↔ Lahore
London ↔ Lahore
Frankfurt ↔ Lahore

It is sure that they will use long-range aircraft for these flights.
With BA and LH no longer serving Pakistan and with PK possibly scaling down, this might be a good alternative to fly nonstop between the aforementioned cities. That being said, I think the various European carriers should look into flying nonstop back to Pakistan. Even with 1-stop M.E. service, a lot of pax prefer flying nonstop. Of those, I think BA's LHR-ISB and LHR-KHI with the B777/B767 have the best opportunities...IMHO.
Moin
Registered Member

Post by Moin »

If you ask me, its probably just another fly by night airline that gets as far as a website but won't get off the ground and even if it does, will last a maximum of 6 months in the same tradition of Swefly and that other airline, Global Express or something similar it was called. The Youtube videos are a joke and if that's anything to go by, this airline screams 'fail' from the get go.
Moin Abbasi
PK777
Registered Member

Post by PK777 »

Pineapple wrote:
malpensa26 wrote:probabley a bunch of pakistani investers who aim high but reality is quite different, like Swefly... :roll:
Reminds me of UKIA, remember that airline started by some local investor, it had to wrap up operations within a few months.
I was thinking the same thing. Another start up by local investors.. lets see how long this lasts.
Abbas Ali
Site Admin

Post by Abbas Ali »

Advertisement in today's (February 27) newspaper given by Luftline for hiring female cabin crew.

"Female Cabin Crew Vacancies

A European airline is looking for female cabin crew based in the Lahore region.

Candidates must be highly presentable, reliable and possess excellent communication skills and complete fluency in English and Urdu. They must have strong organizational abilities, minimum height 5'2 ft and be between 21 and 30 years of age. Previous experience is an advantage.

Flexibility, unconventional working hours and hard work will be an important aspect of the role. Candidates MUST have ability to swim."

Abbas

See you at:
Hamad
Registered Member

Post by Hamad »

The Airline announces Flight Operation from this Spring/Summer 2011.
It seems to be that Airport in Germany won't be Frankfurt Rhein/Main Airport(FRA) but Frankfurt Hahn Airport(HHN) which is around 100 km away from FRA.
I expect the Airprot fees are cheaper there.
Lets see what we will hear in future about that Airline...
Website has been updated in new Design but no Information added: http://www.luftline.com/
Best Regards / Wa´alaikumusalam