My dream model.

Forum for sharing info and photos related to aircraft models from around the world.
Moin
Registered Member

My dream model.

Post by Moin »

Finally, after 6 months of having placed the order in the UK, my dream 747 model arrived just a few days ago. This is a 1:200 scale Iraqi 747-270C custom diecast model using the Inflight200 747. One of the most beautiful liveries ever on a 747:
Moin Abbasi
kashan
Registered Member

Re: My dream model.

Post by kashan »

I see they made a blunder painting passenger windows on a freighter or vice versa also something odd about cockpit and nose area.
Shame on PIA chairman, managing director, board of directors, staff, designers and all others related to the new livery, who have contributed to further ruination of this once prestigious airlines image.
Moin
Registered Member

Post by Moin »

Painting passenger windows on a freighter???? Take a look please and read the description too:

http://www.airliners.net/photo/Iraqi-Ai ... 1046765/L/

http://www.airliners.net/photo/Iraqi-Ai ... 1196318/L/

http://www.airliners.net/photo/Iraqi-Ai ... 0497104/L/

Also, the IQ 747's were 747C's as in 'Convertibles'. A very rare model as only IQ and World Airways ordered the type. They are different from Combi's as not only do they have the SCD but also the option of a nose loading door so the a/c can be operated in 3 configurations (1) all passenger (2) passenger/freight/combi and (3) all freighter.
Last edited by Moin on Sun Feb 21, 2010 8:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Moin Abbasi
Abbas Ali
Site Admin

Post by Abbas Ali »

This particular Iraqi Boeing 747 was model Boeing 747-200C (SCD) where 'C' stands for convertible and 'SCD' for side cargo door installed on port side of main deck rear section of fuselage.

The aircraft had nose cargo door and it was possible to operate it in any of following three configurations:

Freighter
Full passenger
Passenger/cargo combi

Abbas
Dil Dil Pakistan... Jaan Jaan Pakistan

See you at:
ConnieMan
Registered Member

Post by ConnieMan »

Very nice livery for sure but IF200 screwed up whole cockpit and nose section mould wise, they tried to replicate open n closed pax windows which is livable to an extend, they also screwed up how green goes on the sides of upper deck section closer to the wraping over cockpit section. I don't understand why ppl pay such high prices for these models when they have distinctive errors on them!.....Iraqi livery is one of my fav also, looks look on all there planes, B74s, B70s, B72/3s, IL-76s and B76s....don't know if they ever had Airbuses or not...
Moin
Registered Member

Post by Moin »

Only the mold is by IF200, the livery was painted and decaled in the UK by a private business called Smallworld. Check out the prices of their models on ebay and on this site:

http://www.aviationretaildirect.co.uk/s ... 1&grpid=84

I don't know what exactly is 'screwed' up but its the same mold as used by IF200 for all their 747 models. Even the PIA models have the same cockpit/nose setup. These models are not sitting on the shelf waiting to be bought. You have to order them and only then they will be custom made with a waiting period of at least 4 months and this livery was not done by tampo printing which all manufacturers use but hand painted and decaled and the open closed windows is a new concept which has been liked by everyone who has these models.
Moin Abbasi
PK777
Registered Member

Post by PK777 »

Nice looking model. I think Inflight did a pretty good job on this one.
ConnieMan
Registered Member

Post by ConnieMan »

Moin wrote:Only the mold is by IF200, the livery was painted and decaled in the UK by a private business called Smallworld. Check out the prices of their models on ebay and on this site:

http://www.aviationretaildirect.co.uk/s ... 1&grpid=84

I don't know what exactly is 'screwed' up but its the same mold as used by IF200 for all their 747 models. Even the PIA models have the same cockpit/nose setup. These models are not sitting on the shelf waiting to be bought. You have to order them and only then they will be custom made with a waiting period of at least 4 months and this livery was not done by tampo printing which all manufacturers use but hand painted and decaled and the open closed windows is a new concept which has been liked by everyone who has these models.

I suppose then it's true "Beauty is in eyes of the beholder"....Congrats once again and enjoy it..... :|
Moin
Registered Member

Post by Moin »

Perhaps the angle and lighting of the photo makes it appear different. I know my 747's and for a custom, hand painted and decaled model, its a beauty. Only 4 have been made to date by the same company and each collector that has one cannot fault his model either.
Moin Abbasi
kashan
Registered Member

Post by kashan »

My bad sorry, colour should have been lighter though, but I have seen IA aircraft in this awful dark green in real, yet there are some with a lioghter green which looks way better..
Shame on PIA chairman, managing director, board of directors, staff, designers and all others related to the new livery, who have contributed to further ruination of this once prestigious airlines image.
oxon
Registered Member

Post by oxon »

It could be Moins camera ... but green colour on this model is darker than on Airliners net pics ??? or may be its my computer screen showing like this :?:
oxon
Registered Member

Post by oxon »

OK OK ... I am wrong .... have a look this one .... thats the one ... green is darker.
http://www.airliners.net/photo/Iraqi-Ai ... 71b7874826