PK 787 Karachi to London LHR

Share photos of PIA, Pakistani airlines, Pakistani airports and photos related to civil & military aviation of Pakistan.
Zulfiqar
Registered Member

PK 787 Karachi to London LHR

Post by Zulfiqar »

Some photos of my return trip from KHI.
I was greeted at departure drop off with traffic jammed. It took about 20-25 minutes to move from the car security checks to the drop off area. Then, going into the airport was another struggle with hordes of passengers pretending to be multiple long queues trying to get in to the building. Yes there were a few flights leaving, but is that something unexpected?
Flight departure was at 12:40 and I was there 2 hours before.

There’re was a long line of passengers trying to check in with 2-3 desks manned. Obviously there were some people who beat the queue by just walking past the line, thus creating arguments.
Then of course most people had more than a lot of luggage.
There was no one checking or taking photocopies of passports. This was done on my previous travels with PIA.
Views from the terminal.
Emirates 77W A6-EPE and PIA 772 AP-BHX in the background.

AP-BLB at the domestic terminal

Meanwhile Serene 738 landed

Boarding was initiatly unannounced when a non informed but wearing ID started asking people to board. He then shouted out ‘ board kar lo’. No made a a proper announcement until about 10 minutes into it. It was very unprofessionally handled. There were some non Pakistani passengers including some who had arrived earlier from Kuala Lumpur did not know what was going on.

Boarding was complete at about 12:50 however no announcement was made until 13:20 about why we were still on the ground. The reason was incomplete paper work of some kind. ( I reckon it was an immigration issue as I saw airline rep come into check someone’s passport).
Cabin crew the started giving water to passengers.

Humsafar

Finally pushed back at 13:40.
Lunch served.. chicken and rice.. bit bland and dry. But there was some yogurt to moisten the rice.

I noticed at least 3 passengers were sitting on cabin crew seats for the entire flight including take off and landing. Is this allowed? breach of safety?

Snack about 1h:30 min before landing

Landed very smoothly with one hour delay. Flight time sbout 8h:30 min.
Abbas Ali
Site Admin

Re: PK 787 Karachi to London LHR

Post by Abbas Ali »

Nice trip report - thank you Zulfiqar for sharing.

Abbas
Dil Dil Pakistan... Jaan Jaan Pakistan

See you at:
amjid84
Registered Member

Post by amjid84 »

The Pics of those PAX travelling in Crew-Seats should render PIA to not be allowed to fly in EU Airspace. This is clearly a safety violation. Crew-Seats are only to be used for taxi; take off & landing, by the crew - not the general public. I doubt these people even paid for their flight.
umar744
Registered Member

Post by umar744 »

PIA staff/crew and PIA crew/staff's family example husband or wife or dependent hold PIA / airline staff ID ticket non revenue standby allowed sit jump seat cabin crew seat but strictly prohibited no allow sit jump seat cockpit in flight deck except pilot with licensed valid pilot allowed sit jump seat cockpit but if Captain or First officer's wife sit jump seat cockpit with Director flight operation / CAA DG's permission authorised since Capt Shehzad Aziz suspended when revenue passenger sat jump seat cockpit last year.
Zulfiqar
Registered Member

Post by Zulfiqar »

umar744 wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 8:52 pm PIA staff/crew and PIA crew/staff's family example husband or wife or dependent hold PIA / airline staff ID ticket non revenue standby allowed sit jump seat cabin crew seat but strictly prohibited no allow sit jump seat cockpit in flight deck except pilot with licensed valid
Probably not too comfortable as these seats were opposite the toilets and kitchen.
A380
Registered Member

Post by A380 »

Since last 5 years wanting to travel by PIA from CDG but these instances always beat my inspiration.