Trip to my Homeland-SRINAGAR

Forum for discussing non-Pakistani aviation issues and news.
jawad_cse
Registered Member

Trip to my Homeland-SRINAGAR

Post by jawad_cse »

Hello Everyone

Im Studying my Masters in Engineering (M TECH Computer Engineering) at Pune India. Since Eid was approaching i and my two friends decided to celebrate Eid at our homes. We just looked for online availability of tickets, we were not expecting a great deal, but luckily we did get one. A Pune-Srinagar flight with change-over at delhi costed us only 5600 Indian Rupees. We quickly confirmed the tickets on an online travel agency.

We arrived Pune airport at 5 in the morning but to our luck Air India counters were still closed. It was at 6:10 the check in counters opened and we managed to check in quickly with both boarding passes given at Pune itself, meaning luggage will automatically transfer at Delhi.

Pune-Delhi flight AI-851 scheduled departure 7:30 am. It is a 2 hour 10 mins flight. The incoming aircraft from Delhi was on-time and we managed to board right at 7:10 am.
The aircraft was the oldest A320 in Air India fleet around 26 years old. Seat assigned was 26A ,B and C. But the interior was so bad and seats were very uncomfortable.Push back started at 7:25 and we took off at around 7:40 am. After 30 mins breakfast was served and food was great. we just took vegetarian food, then coffee and some sandwiches were offered. There was a lot of turbulence when we started approaching Delhi airport. It was cloudy at Delhi.
Finally we made it delhi at 9:50 well on time.
Quickly we got into terminal 3- the International Terminal of IGI airport Delhi. IGI airport is best in this region. We quickly managed to transfer to our Gate 34 A. The scheduled departure to Srinagar is at 12:10. A 2 hour waiting at IGI terminal 3 is of course nothing, given the state of art airport it is.
Boarding was announced at 11:50. we boarded the aircraft the new Airbus A321, the aircraft was clean, very good interior, great leg space and of course a comfortable seat this time. We pushed back at 12:20. Given the busier airport we finally took off at 12;30. After some 20 mins lunch was served, this time around there were sweets, butter, and a delicious cake too, all in all great. The weather was fine throughout Del-Sxr sector. At 1:40 we landed at Srinagar airport. An unbelievable feeling to be again at home.

All in all a mixed experience.
Pune-Delhi very turbulent and poor aircraft.
Delhi-Srinagar awesome experience. Loved it.

Some of Photos OF Srinagar Airport

Road to Airport Terminal

Photos from Aircraft on Delhi-Srinagar Sector

GoAir A320 from Mumbai

Indigo A320 from Delhi

Interior of Srinagar Airport

A SPECIAL KASHMIRI WOODEN CARVING ON BOARDING BRIDGE

pk363
Registered Member

Re: Trip to my Homeland-SRINAGAR

Post by pk363 »

Great pics Jawad of a very nice aurport, thanks for sharing.

Abbas
IMO Srinagar airport pics should be in Pakistan Aviation Photos forum, may you please transfer if agree?
ammad
Registered Member

Post by ammad »

On two of the pictures under caption "Photos from Aircraft on Delhi-Srinagar Sector"

I can see winglet and different type wing tip on same flight, how it is possible?
Fortune favours brave.
CoyBoy
Registered Member

Post by CoyBoy »

Very impressive, thought it would be something old fashioned, personally I think older style building complement such locations more.
jawad_cse
Registered Member

Post by jawad_cse »

ammad wrote:On two of the pictures under caption "Photos from Aircraft on Delhi-Srinagar Sector"

I can see winglet and different type wing tip on same flight, how it is possible?
Thanks everyone

Bro you got it right
Actually this one pic is of Delhi Srinagar sector but on different flight Jet Airways 9w-603
Boeing 737-8AL
Actually I will add more of Jet Airways Insha Allah later, it just happened when I copied links this pic also got selected.
this particular pic trip was in winter with snow everywhere.

Anyways thanks everyone for acknowledging...
saadm80
Registered Member

Post by saadm80 »

Wonderful trip report Jawad, I must admit Architecture of Srinagar Airport is Interesting to say the least, Though IGI is indeed a Highly Developed & Terminal-3 is one of the best terminals ever, though CSI Mumbai is a Shitty old terminal, i guess the New Mumbai International is already finished somewhere near to Mumbai-Pune highway, that's what i was being told by a few friends...

PS: Nice pictures :)
Aviate, Navigate, Communicate
jawad_cse
Registered Member

Post by jawad_cse »

Thanks saadm80
Architecturally everything in Kashmir is wonderful. If you dont mind i will post some of wood arts and the pics of paradise on earth, believe me its beauty at its very best.
Comming to SXR airport no doubt, it cannot be there in any comparison to major airports of India, but still a 3.5/5 airport on a rating scale.
IGI Terminal is indeed the best, I recently had another flight on Mumbai-Sxr sector, Mumbai terminal 2 is again a brand new terminal and a state of art terminal used by all international airlines plus Air India and Air Vistara for domestic operations.
TERMINAL 1 SANTA CRUZ is used by all other domestic airlines -Indigo, Spicejet, Jet-Airways, Go-Air, but it is very old fashioned with very few aerobridges, mostly stairs and buses are used for boarding.

Tulip garddens

View from pari mahal

Mughal garden

Verinag Spring

Kokernag Spring

Shikara in Dal Lake

Inside House Boat

Almond Blossom

Kashmir University

My best place- Islamic University of Science and Technology kashmir
I did my Engineering fom this very Place

Autumn in Kashmir