Super Constellation flying model kits coming soon!!!

Share info & photos related to PIA and Pakistan aviation collectible items like stickers, airline safety cards, postcards, in-flight music, art work, modified photos and other miscellaneous Pakistan aviation related hobbies.
ConnieMan
Registered Member

Super Constellation flying model kits coming soon!!!

Post by ConnieMan »

As many on here knows that i have been working on making one of kind 1/14th scale flying model of Lockheed Super Constellation L1049G for last 2.5 years now. I am thinking on producing short kits of this model by next summer 09. I like to know if there are any serious rc modelers on here who would want to have a flying model of this marvelous legendary aircraft that PIA also flew in late 50s and 60s before jet age.

This will be pure builder's short kit!, you have to be highly experienced rc model builder and flyer to tackle it as it would be a major undertaking.

Model Specs:
Fuselage length: 96"
Wingspan: 109" with tips tanks installed.
Power recommended:
4x 40sz 2 Stroke Engines
4x 50ss 4 Stroke Engines

Instructions will also be included in this kit
Landing gear options: Fixed gears or fully retractable scale retracts

Short kit will come with Fiberglass one piece fuselage.
-4 engine cowls
-2 Wing tip Tanks if required as model can be built w/out tip tanks.

Foamcore parts
- Pre-cut foamcores for the wing (3 pcs, Center and 2 outers)
Horizontal stabilizer.

I still have to see how i will do all the fins, either as foamcores or fiberglass. Rudders will be built up by modeler.

Scale retracts could also be available as special order, kit will not have them though.

I am planning to make only 10 kits worldwide at this time, if there is ample interest few more can also be done.

You are welcome to email me or Pm me for any questions required about these upcoming kits.

Buyer will be responsible for the cost of packaging and shipping.

Price of these short kits is still to be determined as it will depend on number of serious buyers interested in it.

Engine Cowl plug

Custom Nose Gear retractable assembly

Nose gear folded up!
Last edited by ConnieMan on Thu Nov 20, 2008 10:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ConnieMan
Registered Member

Post by ConnieMan »

I may add that if anyone is willing to just have large display model of S Constellation with turning propellers, navigation lights that is also possible to make from this kit, off course for that it will be kitted differently, any interest???
ConnieMan
Registered Member

Post by ConnieMan »

Update:

As of Friday 21th 08, i had one committed modeler willing to buy this short kit as an RC model but now i have 2 other guys wanting to buy the kits out of those 2 one is very much interested in large scale display model.

1- Taken by RC modeler.
2- Taken by RC modeler.
3- Very interested in large scale display model...
4- Open
5- Open
6- Open
7- Open
8- Open
9- Open
10- Open

7 spots are still open to all on here and globally, think about it as it's going to be a really good deal for such a huge model. You can detail it as much as you want it as sky is the limit....:wink:

Anyone have questions regarding this model please don't hesitate to ask questions on here or through PM or Email.

Edit: 7 Spots remaining....

Sameer
Smr_747@yahoo.com
Last edited by ConnieMan on Mon Nov 24, 2008 10:34 pm, edited 4 times in total.
raihans
Registered Member

Post by raihans »

the model looks really a giant, thanks for sharing the updated pics. regarding ordering option, i would be glad to accept one if the offer supposed to be an F27 at least!

therefore, keep us update with your super constellation model and really its a huge time taking job you did on it for almost 2.5 years :thumbs_up:
Raihan SR Bakhsh

flickr.com/photos/raihanshahzad
EY-B77W, A345, A320, A319, EK-B773, B77W, A388, FZ-B738, GF-L1011, B732, A332, A320, A319, KU-A343, AB6, A310, A320, NL-A320, PK-B707/720, B733, B772, B77L, AB4, A310, A320, QR-A320, A321, A333, A359, A35X, B77W, B788, WY-B738, B739, A333
ConnieMan
Registered Member

Post by ConnieMan »

raihans wrote:the model looks really a giant, thanks for sharing the updated pics. regarding ordering option, i would be glad to accept one if the offer supposed to be an F27 at least!
Brother Raihans,

Thanks for the compliment first, yes its is a huge project and needs experience both building and flying wise to tackle it rightly if a flying model is to be achieved from my upcoming short kits.

As for your dream of having a flying model of F27, well lets put it this way, ball has started to roll on it and F-27 short kit could be on the horizon by mid to end of 2009!, so you can look forward to it also. Dates could change as there are many factors involved in getting these models then making plugs/masters for molds and making molds then casting parts..so hold tight as i am looking after our PIA enthusiasts to provide them with good flying models in coming months at a very limited number as i don't plan to do these as business but to full fill dreams of few who really want one of these flying models.
raihans
Registered Member

Post by raihans »

Sameer, it will be really a good news that you are having plan to build short kits for F-27 as well beside s constellation. Once all the details are planned/final, please notify me via pm or even by posting the general notification on forum :)
Raihan SR Bakhsh

flickr.com/photos/raihanshahzad
EY-B77W, A345, A320, A319, EK-B773, B77W, A388, FZ-B738, GF-L1011, B732, A332, A320, A319, KU-A343, AB6, A310, A320, NL-A320, PK-B707/720, B733, B772, B77L, AB4, A310, A320, QR-A320, A321, A333, A359, A35X, B77W, B788, WY-B738, B739, A333
inducedrag
Registered Member

Post by inducedrag »

Lufthansa aims to restore and fly Lockheed Starliner
By David Kaminski-Morrow
German flag-carrier Lufthansa’s historic flight foundationLufthansa Berlin Stiftung is intending to restore a Lockheed L-1649 Starliner to airworthy condition after acquiring three of the type at a bankruptcy auction in the USA.
Two of the aircraft, registered N7316C and N8083H, were originally delivered to Trans World Airlines in 1957-58 and are stored at Auburn-Lewiston Airport inMaine. The third, N974R, was put into service with Lufthansa as a ‘Super Star’ in 1957 and is currently sited atPolk City in Florida.
After being retired from service with various operators the three Starliners were acquired in the mid-1980s by aviation enthusiast Maurice Roundy, a manager at Auburn fixed-base operator Silver Wings Aviation, who subsequently embarked on an ambitious project to restore the aircraft.
Roundy’s long-running efforts had mixed results, with N974R making a 30min ferry flight toFlorida in 2001. But speaking to FlightGlobal after the 18 December auction, Roundy conceded that the time had come to hand the restoration to an organisation with more substantial resources.
“I have laboured for 25 years to save these historic aircraft,” he says. “I believe that they represent industrial artwork of the finest kind. I will never be compensated for all the money and time I have invested over the years, but that is not what it is about when it comes to saving artwork.
“It is time to pass the torch to people that can get the job done, and at least one of them back into the air. To fully appreciate the beauty of the aircraft, it must be seen and heard in the air.”
ws
Lufthansa's restored Starliner to be airborne in 2011
Lufthansa Technik is hoping to restore its Lockheed L-1649 to airworthy condition by 2011, after opening a new hangar in which the work will be performed.....
ConnieMan
Registered Member

Post by ConnieMan »

Here http://www.conniesurvivors.com/1-connie_news.htm#NOV23 all can see the pictures of Starliner inside new hanger as mentioned ^^ under restoration process. Can you imagine how nice it would be to have only one L1649 Starliner flying in the world and also equipped with CRT Glass cockpit!!, i can only imagine and wait till she is all restored to flying condition once again after decades of being on the ground...

Now if you guys think B747s that PIA owns are old and clunker then think again!!, here is an even older example that is being brought back to life after so many years of being grounded but under care of great hands of Murice Roundy!....
ConnieMan
Registered Member

Post by ConnieMan »

I have decided to make the moulds in spring of this year once the weather is gets warmer to work outside and to help curing process be faster. For now i am taking feedback on the rough price estimate i have come up with, prices may change in spring at the time of purchase of the material.

You will get this short kit for in between $450-$550 USD roughly plus shipping and packaging fees.

I also have a company who does make vinyl stick on graphics for these models in different liveries, they will specialize in TCA's markings.

Fully functional retracts with landing gears are also available on custom order from another fellow once i have sold kit to you.

I am open to all suggestions and opinions to enhance my product so feel free to share your thoughts.
Nadir Ali
Registered Member

Post by Nadir Ali »

Sameer your giant super constallatiosn look great and so realistic due to their size. But i hope you dont leave it out there the whole time. Suppose some thieves pass by at night and steal it.

Keep it inside. Maybe in your basement or your attic. Or some storage room.
Leaving it outside is a bad idea, add bad wheather to that.
ConnieMan
Registered Member

Post by ConnieMan »

Nadir,

I am very happy that you like it.

This model is my baby and babies are well taken care off...yes it's in my basement hanger presently. Wherever i had it assembled outside as you see in above pictures, it was always in my sight, i could not take my eyes off from it even for a second!!!
Nadir Ali
Registered Member

Post by Nadir Ali »

your basement must look like a real hanger. Typical hanger is dark and full of planes just like in your basement.
ConnieMan
Registered Member

Post by ConnieMan »

Nadir Ali wrote:your basement must look like a real hanger. Typical hanger is dark and full of planes just like in your basement.
Well you have to see it, i'm sure you will like it very much :wink:
PIA10141
Registered Member

Post by PIA10141 »

i would not have had any problem buying that if i was an experienced RC modeler nd flyer, but the problem is that im just starting RC flying this summer... planning on buying a FlyZone Cessna 182 EP RTF as my begginer plane, then next year, i'll get to the real thing! any suggestions for trainer RC a/c are welcome!
REGARDS--
Mohsin Naseem - PIA10141
ConnieMan
Registered Member

Post by ConnieMan »

PIA10141 wrote:i would not have had any problem buying that if i was an experienced RC modeler nd flyer, but the problem is that im just starting RC flying this summer... planning on buying a FlyZone Cessna 182 EP RTF as my begginer plane, then next year, i'll get to the real thing! any suggestions for trainer RC a/c are welcome!
Well in this case we can make another thread. I would strongly advise not to waste your money on these foamy planes and electric stuff, you need proper glow trainer set up to learn properly and accurately. It's not kids toys you will be dealing with but liquid fuels and actual 2 or 4 stroke piston engines and high end electronics...