New Release: PIA B777-240LR made by Risesoon! scale 1/200

Share info and photos of all kinds of aircraft models related to PIA and Pakistan's civil & military aviation.
Moin
Registered Member

Post by Moin »

I don't really have the time to go and scour all PIA offices to see if they have this model. It was just a guess on my part that they might have have gone there.
Moin Abbasi
PK777
Registered Member

Post by PK777 »

May the best bet would be to ask the manufacturer if they have send any for general retail sales at aviation stores?
samee380
Registered Member

Post by samee380 »

this model is released under skymarks name now and is on they website look here
http://www.skymarksmodels.com/index2.html

NICE!!
My Aircraft Model Photos: www.flickr.com/haq747
samee380
Registered Member

Post by samee380 »

This model is available now

here is below photo looks very nice i will get it!! 8) :shock:

8) 8) 8)
Moin
Registered Member

Post by Moin »

Hey Samee, where is this available from? I purchased the one with the 2 provincial tails but would like this one too.

The registration on this model is for the LR but the model depicts an ER, so remember if you have both, you have switch the fuselage and stick the wings and tail of the proper LR model onto this fuselage and this models wings and tail onto the one without the registration.
Moin Abbasi
samee380
Registered Member

Post by samee380 »

you can purchase this from skymarks website

hey moin does the two tail PIA have raked wingtips because i think mine dont would apreciate to see photos of your model
Moin
Registered Member

Post by Moin »

My model is in London, so when I go I'll let you know. From all the pics I've seen of it, it does appear to have the raked wingtips. Double check yours, they should definately be there.
Moin Abbasi
Moin
Registered Member

Post by Moin »

Hey Samee, my sister arrived from London and brought the 2 tails Skymarks 777 with her and it does NOT have the raked wingtips. On the model its depicted as a 777-200LR but it has the ER wings. Now if the other flag tail model also doesn't have the raked wingtips as shown in the above pic, then were stuck with 2 ER's maquerading as LR's.

I don't like the landing gears on this model either. My Air India 777 also has the same landing gears but they cannot be removed.

BTW the DW PIA 747's which I just closely inspected both have the all the writing and text in a very dark green and only the words 'Thar' and 'Lahore' are in black. I cannot fault them. Much better than PX.
Moin Abbasi
samee380
Registered Member

Post by samee380 »

Moin wrote:Hey Samee, my sister arrived from London and brought the 2 tails Skymarks 777 with her and it does NOT have the raked wingtips. On the model its depicted as a 777-200LR but it has the ER wings. Now if the other flag tail model also doesn't have the raked wingtips as shown in the above pic, then were stuck with 2 ER's maquerading as LR's.

I don't like the landing gears on this model either. My Air India 777 also has the same landing gears but they cannot be removed.

BTW the DW PIA 747's which I just closely inspected both have the all the writing and text in a very dark green and only the words 'Thar' and 'Lahore' are in black. I cannot fault them. Much better than PX.
yeh i knew it ! the model doesnt has raked wingtips. never mind still a nice model.
im also thinking of putting decals on the two tail model by a good friend of mine for the text "Colours of the Desert" and "Garden of the Mughals" then it will look very nice.

also about the DW nice model! so do you think the text "Colours of the desert" shold be green or black? on mine Thar 747 DW the text is very light green on one side and the other its dark green. may get it exchanged.

But the DW mughal tail IS GREAT!!! PERFECT!!
Moin
Registered Member

Post by Moin »

I wouldn't advise you to apply any decals to the 777 as yet as the new forthcoming 773ER has already been given the 'Thar' titles and a 743 (BFW) already has the 'Lahore' titles.

Wait until one of the 772ER's tails has actually been painted. The tails might be the same but the region/city will be different. Then you can apply the decals accoring to what is on the actual a/c.

In regards to the DW 742 and 743, its would be common sense for them to write the text in the same shade of dark green as the stripe and the urdu and english PIA logos. Black would be a total mismatch. ONLY the words 'Thar' and 'Lahore' are in black, nothing else.

Now as far as the B.Box 'Peshawar' A310 is concerned, I won't know until I receive the model. The mould is not very good and similar to the DW A310 mould, which I find tolerable. Gemini and Herpa make the best 1/400 A310's. I was going to pass up on it but decided in the end to get it, if not but for the sake of completing my 'Airlines to ISB' airport model theme which will feature most but not all of the following 1/400 airlines and a/c:

DW PIA 743
DW PIA 74M
GJ PIA 777
B.Box PIA A310
DW Emirates 773 or A332
DW Etihad A332
DW Saudi Arabian 777
DW Thai AB6
Herpa Qatar AB6
B.Bird British Airways 744
GJ Ariana 727

I'd like to add a few freighters as well to the theme but am not sure which cargo a/c come to ISB. I know EK sends an A310 but I only have their 744F. I know LH Cargo used to send 742F's (the model of which I have) there at one time but not sure of they do anymore.
Moin Abbasi
samee380
Registered Member

Post by samee380 »

i wanted a general PIA B777-200LR with the normal province livery with no registration. so doesnt matter whether a PIA B777-200LR is painted or not. then i may get a few with the PIA flag livery models and add different registrations on them AP-BGZ and AP-BGK..... which pen did you preferred again moin? im thinking of applying a decal.
Moin
Registered Member

Post by Moin »

What I'm saying is if you intend to display these models as ER's, you might as well wait till the actual ER tails are painted in the new theme and name the model according to what the actual a/c has been named. I'm sure one of the ER's will definately get either a Sindh or Punjab motif tail like the models have but the cities/regions might be different, so wait and see what region/city they are named after and then copy them out.

I'd use a black Staedtler permanent felt tip pen for the name of the region/city and a green pen of the same make for the text and the registration. I would however advise you to first make an outline of the text on the model in pencil and just write over that. That way you'll avoid making mistakes such as writing too large or small. With a pencil you can rub it out, with a marker you'll have a mess.
Moin Abbasi
samee380
Registered Member

Post by samee380 »

i have ordered this B777-200 model from www.airspotters.com

cant wait to get it !! :lol: :D :shock:
Moin
Registered Member

Post by Moin »

They have it up for pre-order. Will look elsewhere.
Moin Abbasi
Moin
Registered Member

Post by Moin »

Ok, I bought the model on e-bay for $35 and received it today. Sad to say but it does NOT have the raked wingtips. Its got the registration of AP-BGY but not the LR raked wingtips. Its an ER. Why those idiots couldn't use the raked wings of the 773ER model on this one is beyond me.

Other than that, its a great model.
Moin Abbasi