New PIA 777/LR Models (New Tail)

Share info and photos of all kinds of aircraft models related to PIA and Pakistan's civil & military aviation.
samee380
Registered Member

Post by samee380 »

i actually rang them up and the manager says he hasnt and that heis winding down the business
samee380
Registered Member

Post by samee380 »

right i have recieved confirmation direct from skymarks that this model will be all made in the week of 28th August.
My Aircraft Model Photos: www.flickr.com/haq747
Moin
Registered Member

Post by Moin »

Now the model depicted here with the 2 tails has the correct raked wingtips (lets call this the LR Prototype 1) but no caption on the fuselage. Hence they have probably done away with this idea and stuck to the standard flag tail (as shown in the more recent LR Prototype 2). The engines on Prototype 1 are the standard albeit incorrect earlier Skymarks 777 engines and the ones on Prototype 2 are more authentic for the 200LR and 300ER series but the model has mysteriously turned into an ER with no raked wingtips :roll: ?
Moin Abbasi
samee380
Registered Member

Post by samee380 »

Moin, i like your hard look on each and every model which is good :D as i do the same but mainly on AND ONLY PIA models 8)

however i cant see that much difference of the engines? whereabouts on the engines are they different?
samee380
Registered Member

Post by samee380 »

skymarks have this model available now and in stock now

http://www.skymarksmodels.com/index2.html

ill be buying mine from here

http://www.airspotters.com/new_page_43.htm
PIAC
Registered Member

Post by PIAC »

Salam

well you can buy in airplanes if you want then you can buy PIA Boeing 747-300 and Boeing 777-200 in scale 1:600 or try there website http://www.schabak.de/english/index.php

PIAC
SaadSaeed
Registered Member

Post by SaadSaeed »

PIAC, i used to think Schabak were ok, but wait until you get your hands on a Gemini or Aero Classics model, you will feel like throwing away the Schabaks. I only keep mine because those are the only models i have in sports livery otherwise they are truly kids toys.
FASTEN SEAT BELT WHILE SEATED
samee380
Registered Member

Post by samee380 »

PIAC how can you buy them off the schabak website? they are out of business now. schabak are bad but only buy them if you want the PIA only or just an airline of your choice. dont start buying other airlines. i had a schabak BA set rubbish had to sell them off.

stick with AC, DW, GJ, PX...
samee380
Registered Member

Post by samee380 »

i contacted skymarks and this is what they said

Dear Samee,

Answering on your question No, the Plane has no any reg numbers.

It was Boeing decision to produce 1 Plane with 2 existing tails and remove all individual marking from the plane.

Both New PIA 777 planes have same base artwork (that shown on model) and each of them has its own tail artwork and lettering on the body (removed from model by Boeing’s decision).

Gear are already attached to the plane.

below are pics they sent me

like the stand like the textures overall a nice looking model. looks like they did put the letterings i.e. colours of the desert .... but boeing taken it off and instead had two tails on it as they dont know which aircraft will PIA paint on the 777 and thats why no reg.

good gonna get two models and then put the lahore tail on one and the sindh on the other so i have two PIA models in scale 1/200 first time :D :lol: 8)

also skymarks did say they are considering making some PIA 747's when i emailed them, they are going to ask permission from PIA and Boeing. Fingers crossed. i have told them any of the PIA 747 province tails and also the 310 ATR... should be nice and they will consider.

as soon as time goes by and when PIA start to paint the 777's i may do what moin said just write the reg yourself with a green marker on the gear and on the fuselage. but will see :)
Moin
Registered Member

Post by Moin »

I don't like the look of those engines. They're beginning to look like the same ones used on their other 772ER models, which are not exactly correct. The model which had the Pakistan flag on the tail (is that the Risesoon version?) had the correct style engines.

I might get 2 of these as well, unless Risesoon also releases theirs (if it actually does exist and is released) then I'll just get one of these and one of that and remove the gears from one of them to have one with and w/o the landing gear.
Moin Abbasi
samee380
Registered Member

Post by samee380 »

pakistan flag is the risesoon which they are revising at the minute.

moin which marker pen do you use when writing reg and that on models?
PK777
Registered Member

Post by PK777 »

Great pics! Hopefully this will be out soon.
samee380
Registered Member

Post by samee380 »

Moin
Registered Member

Post by Moin »

Just picked up this 2 tail Skymarks version on e-bay for $35.
Moin Abbasi
samee380
Registered Member

Post by samee380 »

yeh moin i was watching that well done.