PIA On-Board Shopping or LHE airport Duty free

Discuss issues and news related to PIA, Pakistani airlines and Pakistan's civil & military aviation.
speedbird london
Registered Member

PIA On-Board Shopping or LHE airport Duty free

Post by speedbird london »

Salaam to all, My wife is travelling to LHE on PIA shortly (from LHR), and I wanted to know if PIA sell good quality of their fleet on board, as collector items. I know most airlines sell some type of models on board. Also I collect playing cards from other airlines, leading to my next question, does PIA offer complimentary or purchase of playing cards. If so, how does PIA accept payments?
Also is there a good duty free shop at LHE, as she'll be returning (unfortunately) only joking from Lahore, and are there any items worth buying from aviation point of view.
Matter of interest what A/C is PIA using on the LHR-LHE route, Tues.
mohammed younis
Registered Member

Post by mohammed younis »

Speedbird

I would also like to know the answer to your question, Islamabad has a nice duty free shop but doesent offer alot in terms of plane models etc. not sure about lhe. But PIA inflight shop isent that great either interms of plane models etc...
Mohammed Younis
PIA - Great People To Fly With
pkjet
Registered Member

Post by pkjet »

Hey speedbird !

PIA sell playing cards onboard.
I think it's $5 for 1 packet but you get 2 packs for $6 !

PIA use the Boeing 747-300 on the LHR-LHE sectors which offer personal tvs for every passenger and airshow.

Models of B743 and B777(cheap) are $10 each.

Nothing interesting or relevant to aviation in LHE !!!

Hope this helps, feel free to ask anything else !
You can't be all things to all people...so just be nice !
PK777
Registered Member

Post by PK777 »

Yep, there are two aircraft models available from PIA Inflight Sales, both are produced by the Schabak company. The models include PIA B743/772 in new lviery.

There is a pack of playing cards also with picture of PIA 777 taking off from Everett on the back with the new PIA logo.

The B743 will be on the LHE-LHR sector as always never changes.

Interms of payment, PIA takes american dollars, British pound sterling and Euros ( i think, not sure on last one), however they DONT take Pakistani rupees. Visa/debit cards i think can be used.

At Allama Iqbal Intl, there isnt much aviation related stuff, i actually think there is none! I asked many shops and they had nothing. I remember when i went to KHI years ago they had many models in 1:250 scale plastic snap-fit models dont know if they are still selling them ?
speedbird london
Registered Member

Thanks for info

Post by speedbird london »

Thank you all for info, will tell mrs to get models and cards, also, does pia still do the inflight mag, I think it was called 'humsafaar'