Regional carriers and Quetta

Discuss issues and news related to PIA, Pakistani airlines and Pakistan's civil & military aviation.
CoyBoy
Registered Member

Regional carriers and Quetta

Post by CoyBoy »

Do you think any of the arab carriers will launch service there, I think QR would be most suitable with an A319, or EK with A310.
engineer
Registered Member

Post by engineer »

deleted.
Last edited by engineer on Sat Feb 18, 2006 5:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ord
Registered Member

Post by ord »

engineer wrote:I think Iran's Asmaan or some airline with similar name operates a A300 over there. Also, I think Ariana operates there.

If there is any hope for an arab airline at UET, I would say Emirates is most likely or Saudia or Etihad.
The smallest aircraft in the Emirates fleet is the A332 and it is too big for this market. The chances of Saudia, Oman Air, Kuwait Airways, Air Arabia or Qatar Airways operating to UET are much bigger for this reason, as they all posses smaller aircraft that could run this route without sacrificing yields.

I would say Oman Air is the best bet, as there are something like 400,000 Baloch living in Oman. The next best choice would be KU, as Kuwait also has a large number of Baloch workers.

For LCC potential, I think Air Arabia should look at UET, esp. if they can supply good connections to KWI and MCT.
CoyBoy
Registered Member

Post by CoyBoy »

EK's smallest aircraft is the single A310-300 whsoe lease has been extended for another three years.

Iran Aseman and Ariana have quit Quetta, EP used an F27 on the servcie never a jet and they dont have A300's, their largest jet is the 727, service ended in 2001, Ariana pulled out in November last year.