DOH-KHI J class on QR 28th Jan

Discuss issues and news related to PIA, Pakistani airlines and Pakistan's civil & military aviation.
Moin
Registered Member

DOH-KHI J class on QR 28th Jan

Post by Moin »

I'm a bit late with this but was very busy.

Boarding was uneventful but all 12 seats in the J class cabin were full. 6 of the pax were Arabs and there was a family of 4, then another single male and me. Departure about 10 mins behind schedule but the takeoff run was very short inspite of the fact that the A320 appeared to be full. Pre-takeoff drinks including Champagne were served by the 2 female f/a's in our section and orders were taken for post-takeoff drinks as well.

Menus were handed out after takeoff alongwith the drinks and there was a choice of 4 main courses for lunch. One of the Arab pax behind me in perfect cropped english ordered 2 main courses for himself, not that I blame him, the food was excellent. Bread basket and dessert followed alongwith hot and cold beverages and towels. Programmes were being shown on the main screens and a DVD guide was handed out and those who wished to see movies were given a portable DVD player with your choice of movie loaded into it and 3 of them were used right upto the time we taxied to the gate in KHI.

Most of the flight was uneventful and but our approach into KHI was beautiful. I was so happy to see the water such a deep blue all along the coastline. I recognised many places as we slowely descended and cruised along such as I.I.Chundrigar Rd, the HB Plaza and MCB Towers, the Hockey Club Stadium, Shara-e-Faisal, the PAF base and a bit further away JIAP itself. I could even see a 747 and 777 takeoff one behind the other. One of them was probably PK308 to ISB. We then flew out towards Malir and then did a U turn and came down towards the larger longer runway as an ED A320 to ISB was waiting its turn to takeoff on the parallel shorter inner runway. We touched down and waited at the threshold of the taxiway to let the ED A320 takeoff which it did right in front of us. We then proceeded towards the terminal building and I saw another ED A320 being towed towards the hanger area. An Aero Asia MD80 took off after ED and we the had to stop and wait on the taxiway for about 10 mins before we could go further and dock at the gate, why I don't know but as we stopped at our gate I saw a Jordan Aviation A310-300 come and park at the Intl terminal on the other side. It also had a blue tail like MNG and Jordanian registration. Apparently its also being leased by PIA I was told.

We disembarked and I was out within 15 mins. The straight un-interrupted walk through immigration of those 6 Arabs caused a bit of a stir and the female FIA officer who stamped my PP told me that they all grovel at their feet when they arrive and then raise a hue and cry later.

As before and always, an excellent flight and experience with QR. And to date I've noted that the A333's I've now travelled on are A7-AEA, AEB and AEC and the A320's being A7-ADA, ADD and ADE.
Moin Abbasi
flyingsystem
Registered Member

Post by flyingsystem »

I travel by plane very rarely, what's the J class? :oops:
Kashif
Registered Member

Post by Kashif »

Hi Flyingsystem

F Class = First Class
J Class = Business Class
Y Class = Economy Class

This are the general classes of travel.
AirBlue
Registered Member

Post by AirBlue »

nice trip report...good to know you notice almost everyting ;)....btw...has KHI been recieving more traffic lately ?