New Livery

Discuss issues and news related to PIA, Pakistani airlines and Pakistan's civil & military aviation.
CoyBoy
Registered Member

Post by CoyBoy »

Hi VC10, I want this livery to go a.s.a.p, an airline with beautiful previous schemes does not go for this look, would you like to see such a style and colours on Qantas? I bet not, much rather they brought back teh 99 floral simple livery using teh presnt font, maybe restore teh 'International' title on teh fusealge as well, cant wait to see what teh new look will eb liek but anything is better than this present scheme, this style refelcts tasteless majority Pakistani thinking.

Happy New Year and peace to you as well.
pkjet
Registered Member

Post by pkjet »

Just to let you guys know, that the current livery was designed by Boeing in association with PIA management.

I mean I have grown used to this scheme after a very long time and yet again it will be changed. I cannot imagine the Pakistani public doing an Air India riot in the streets episode, but clearly many people feel strongly about PIA's colours. When I am standing next to the aircraft at times,you can see the horrid,cheapness of the flag. I mean where on earth did this colour get inspiration from ?

The current livery's GREEN should be lime green instead of the cheap poison liquid black and also the wave design should be incorporated onto the engines and Pakistan International added under PIA plus a mention of the website address on rear fuselage

What we all need to do is write to/email PIA in KHI and let them know the majority views.

If anyone receives a positive response,please post it here.
You can't be all things to all people...so just be nice !
CoyBoy
Registered Member

Post by CoyBoy »

This modification would have saved the livery, even gold colour could have been used for Urdu logo, PIA acronym on tail and alongside the swoosh as Nasir had done in one of his designs.

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a40/techsavy/pk3.jpg

The tail could also be full green minus the beige bit under it in the image.
VC10
Registered Member

Post by VC10 »

Thanks for your feedback CoyBoy.
Yoor are correct - Qantas got it right way back in the late eighties with a livery which is instantly recognisable,represents the national emblem, but interestingly not the national colours ( Green and Gold ). Would you countenance PIA thinking along similar lines?
Kind Reagrds, Mike.
CoyBoy
Registered Member

Post by CoyBoy »

Qantas livery came out in 1984 on their first 747-300 if i'm not wrong, as for PIA they seem to be going for a look that could be refelctive of any country in the region, the blue colours and floral design being referred to as Sindhi or Multani is also seen all over central Asia, Afghanistan, Iran, parts of the middle east and even in China and India, not very Pakistani in my opinion, the only thing that worked for PIA was the green paint, I'm not too into ethnic stuff and feel a company should portray a corporate look and not look like something from an art exhibition.

Again I would not even like to see Qantas sporting Nalanji or Wunala Dreaming on the tails, that stuff is ok for special schemes but not for a permanent look, even BA looked odd wearing the Nalanji Dreaming tail design.
VC10
Registered Member

Post by VC10 »

Thanks Coyboy
I know this forum is not about Qantas, but just to finish our conversation on this issue I agree with your comments about the QF logo 747s and 737-800.
Mike.
PK777
Registered Member

Post by PK777 »

cheetah wrote:3M in Pakistan has been given the responsibility of placing the new livery on the entire fleet. My cousin who is personally involved in it says it is dissapointing.
Hi Cheetah:

Could you explain why ? Im not familiar with this company ? Has your cousin seen the livery ?
AP-BGL
Registered Member

Post by AP-BGL »

Again disappointing??? :shock: cheetah, You should have asked some details about it... Have you?
Adnan
masood
Registered Member

PIA livery

Post by masood »

No matter what the livery design and color is selected, as tastes differ from person to person, there should be a boldly displayed word, "Pakistan" written on it as it was until recently. Anyone looking at the aircraft with "PIA" and the flag on the tail wouldn't know which country it belongs to. If it were a private airline, then it would be ok, but a national airline should carry the word pakistan.
atmalik
Registered Member

Post by atmalik »

I think I agree with Masood. the word Pakistan should be bold on the aircraft. Again a personal opinion. :D
Falcon598
Registered Member

Post by Falcon598 »

PK777 wrote:
cheetah wrote:3M in Pakistan has been given the responsibility of placing the new livery on the entire fleet. My cousin who is personally involved in it says it is dissapointing.
Hi Cheetah:

Could you explain why ? Im not familiar with this company ? Has your cousin seen the livery ?
Here is some info I found on 3M on wikipedia:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/3M