PIA Awards+Plus - Absolute convenience in a single card

Discuss issues and news related to PIA, Pakistani airlines and Pakistan's civil & military aviation.
Abbas Ali
Site Admin

PIA Awards+Plus - Absolute convenience in a single card

Post by Abbas Ali »

PIA advertisement in today's (December 9, 2005) newspaper.
Dil Dil Pakistan... Jaan Jaan Pakistan

See you at:
PK777
Registered Member

Post by PK777 »

New cards:

Above the green stripe the colour should be white to go with the new livery :wink:

Off-topic to Nasir:

I remember you designed a new boarding pass and flight booklet to go with the new livery. Did you get a reply from the outcome ? Is it possible to see it again ?
CoyBoy
Registered Member

Post by CoyBoy »

Their e-ticketing ad a week back was so bad I didnt even know it was PIA's until I happpened to glance at the logo below it.
nutsforplanes
Registered Member

Post by nutsforplanes »

Their e-ticketing ad a week back was so bad I didnt even know it was PIA's until I happpened to glance at the logo below it.
You think thats bad! Their awards+ service is even worse. Last month I decided to redeem some of my points for a roundtrip LHE-KHI Economy+ ticket. I sent in a request on Nov 15. PIA is supposed to notify confirmation thru e-mail. I never heard from them. Its only when I checked my account, it said to pick up my ticket before Nov 28 otherwise I would be penalised 2000 points, and this was Dec 1st. I called PIA, they told me that I could still pick up the ticket without being penalised.

Anyway, I rushed to the the main booking office behind WAPDA house, probably the worst PIA booking office I have ever been into.
They have only three stations to handle domestic bookings and please PIA get some people who can type with both hands without looking at the keyboard...... :shock: :shock:

The woman at the counter felt perturbed about getting up to check the box file for my confirmation, told me that I have to pay Govt. taxes in cash( Rs 1590), which was quite a shock

All in all, I got my ticket for 23,000 points, Rs 1590 in Govt taxes and a whole lot of inconvenience
SalamPaks
Registered Member

Post by SalamPaks »

nutsforplanes wrote:
All in all, I got my ticket for 23,000 points, Rs 1590 in Govt taxes and a whole lot of inconvenience
Awards Plus is by far the worse freqent flyer program in the industry. On the odd occasion I have checked my balances, they have always been incorrect. I don't fancy talking to them on the phone about it and frankly I don't want their points anyway for the reasons described in the above post.

The only good thing about the program is that I had been given complimentary Diamond status a couple of years ago and although I do not fly enough to earn it each year, I appear to have diamond status for life (In other words, their system does not reset my status back to emerald each Jan 1st).
smarties
Deactivated

Post by smarties »

you also do not get as many point as before. you get half the points now, like before europe - pakistan you could get about 4000 points, now its down to 2,000. The programme has become $&*#%
"Now we're going round in circles, tell me will this deja vu never end?"
PakN'US
Registered Member

Post by PakN'US »

I applied for rewards program a while ago and PIA even sent me a confirmation e-mail but no card as yet!!! I have never seen any thing like this with United or American airlines, I belong to their awards program as well.
Just when you thought you were winning the rat race, along came faster rats!!!
allmyfamilyinpia
Registered Member

Post by allmyfamilyinpia »

you will only get the card pak'n'us after your first trip on pia that is registered.

flew ord-lhe where gave my card number to the ticket agent. not credited.
lhe-iah only got credited cos I waited in the pia office ( look at my username) while a colleague of dad's made sure my FF was in the system correctly. and 3750 points for lhe-iah, bah. I am an Explat on AA gonna stick with that and now with SQ doing flights into Pak again, * Alliance here I come. awards + sucks, to put it nicely.
Abbas Ali
Site Admin

Post by Abbas Ali »

"Now! simply swipe"

(PIA advertisement in today's (December 12, 2005) newspaper).

Dil Dil Pakistan... Jaan Jaan Pakistan

See you at:
PakN'US
Registered Member

Post by PakN'US »

Only if I receive my card, may be I will be able to swipe it!!!!
Just when you thought you were winning the rat race, along came faster rats!!!