Immigration and ticketing in Islamabad question

Discuss issues and news related to PIA, Pakistani airlines and Pakistan's civil & military aviation.
allmyfamilyinpia
Registered Member

Immigration and ticketing in Islamabad question

Post by allmyfamilyinpia »

Salam all,

I have heard that pak immigration gives you a tough time (needs chai pani) if you hold a valid pak and a valid US passport. but dont have a overseas pakistani card nor do you have a pak visa in the US passport.

Officially I should be able to enter with my pak passport, but does immigration give you crap anyway.

Secondly someone told me that in Pakistan walkup ticket fairs are the same as tickets purchased earlier on ( unlike the US). so if I dont buy it right now I wont be in too much trouble ?

Lastly wanted to know what is the baggage limit for coach on isb-lhe. I am travelling on a AAdvantage (FF) ticket and they are only booking me thru to isb as BA only serves isb and not lhe. Consequently I have to do ISB-LHE on PIA ( I have heard there is no LCC operating this sector).

also can you highlight any differences in coach+ and coach on domestic. I have heard that on PIA at least iah-lhe route the coach+ and coach are identical products.

your advice is appreciated.

Thanks

Faisal
queerpakistani
Registered Member

Post by queerpakistani »

i would recommend eco+, its only a difference ofr 300+ rupees and you will have more luggage allowance (i think its 27 kgs???). the service is much better than economy. however seats are the same as the economy, howevrt eh inflight catering is also far better than economy on this 40 mins flight, provided you do consider inflight catering as an essential criteria for a good flight!!!!
the ISB-LHE sector is very busy, though the price of the ticket will be the same, but getting a confirmed at the last minute can be a problem. i would recommend booking in advance.
B777240ER
Registered Member

Post by B777240ER »

You don't have to fly to LHE from ISB.

Try Daewoo VIP coaches from Islambad to Lahore. Only around 600 rupees. Also they allow 30kg luggage per ticket.
Falcon598
Registered Member

Post by Falcon598 »

I would say it doesn't matter to what class you go in on the ISB-LHE sector. It is only a 40 min flight and there is no need to pay extra on it. You could also consider the Daewoo. Though I prefer flying since it takes much less time.
Gulistan
Registered Member

Post by Gulistan »

You "should" have no problems on the passport front. I treavellled on my UK passport to UAE and entererd PAK on my PAK passport and no problems whatsoever. You will have to show your non PAK passport on return though.