New 747-300 Simulator Purchased

Discuss issues and news related to PIA, Pakistani airlines and Pakistan's civil & military aviation.
F.K
Registered Member

New 747-300 Simulator Purchased

Post by F.K »

pia has signed a deal for abrand new 743 simulator which is due to arrive here next year . this purchase was made in the wake of the CAA declarataion that the previous 742 simulator was inadequate in training crew for the aircraft on account of technological differences. the simulator is being bought from qantas and will be set up after a month.
F.K
Waqar747
Registered Member

Post by Waqar747 »

I don't think the 'bought from Qantas' part goes with the 'brand new 743 simulator'. :lol:
Anyway, I think this is a wise decision which should have been made a long time ago, since the the 74 fleet will soon be limited to 743s only.
It would be interesting to know what real technological differences are there between the two types as far as simulator training is concerned. I thought they were mostly performance differences.
This wouldn't be a full motion simulator, would it? Do they exist for these classics?
F.K
Registered Member

Post by F.K »

sorry my fauly.not a brand new simulator, its being purchased from qantas. there have to be some fundamental differences for caa to have given pia the ultimatum. not quite sure my self. qantas has advanced modified versions of the 300 so i m guessing that this would be a full motion simulator. btw isnt pias own 747 simulator a full motion one too?
F.K
cheetah
Registered Member

Post by cheetah »

PIA has a B747SP full motion simulator with JT9D engines. It had some other flaws as well for which CAA had given a waiver. Back in 1999 CAA withdrew the waiver and PIA crew was sent to Burgess hill in England for training.

The worst purchase ever is the A310 simulator. Never been used since its installation.
F.K
Registered Member

Post by F.K »

i guess it takes time to set up ....how long as it been in khi.?
F.K
cheetah
Registered Member

Post by cheetah »

The simulator has been installed. It has many problems and the CAA has not certified it as yet. So the largest body of PIA pilots are still sent to Dubai and Amman for their SIM.