In flight problems

Discuss issues and news related to PIA, Pakistani airlines and Pakistan's civil & military aviation.
Charliedelta11
Registered Member

In flight problems

Post by Charliedelta11 »

i was just reading this article on airliners.net regarding an electrical failure onboad a BA A319....i was just wondering...has any such thing hapenned with any of u while u were travelling ? i've come acros two actually..an engine failure onboard a B737 and an electrical failure on an A310 while approach at HKG ... :s... scary...
Simulator Fan
Registered Member

Post by Simulator Fan »

Falcon598
Registered Member

Post by Falcon598 »

I believe that photo was posted here in the forum already, and it was said to be a fake, I think.
PakN'US
Registered Member

Post by PakN'US »

unfortunately, I have had 2 experiences to speak of. Each time it was KLM on my way to KHI. Once an engine failure and the plane made an emergency landing at DXB. Second time the pilot had to take an evasive action to avoid an unidentified aircarft. turned out to be the aircraft was a hijacked one. But each time the captain and the crew did not mention anything until the event was over.
Just when you thought you were winning the rat race, along came faster rats!!!
iqbal
Registered Member

Post by iqbal »

I travel a lot....going to pakistan this december in fact. Ive had technical problems with PIA and Saudia.

The 1st was in 2001 (i think). A PIA 742 was sent to operate PK786 the aircraft was AP-BCM and Capt. Zaidi was in charge. We took off, long story cut short, flaps refused to retract so we dumped fuel and came back to Heathrow and flew the next day - only to land in Islamabad with the flaps this time refusing to open.

Capt. Zaidi did inform us of the nature of the problem when we returned to heathrow but made no indication that something was wrong at islamabad - even though to the trained eye, the outboard flaps were stuck up whearas the inner flaps were open fully.

The 2nd incident involved a Saudi 741 at Islamabad. Number 3 engine refused to start and again we stayed in hotel overnight and flew out the next day.
Iqbal Malik
------------------------------------------