AP-BGY Flight Number Boeing002

Discuss issues and news related to PIA, Pakistani airlines and Pakistan's civil & military aviation.
umar744
Registered Member

AP-BGY Flight Number Boeing002

Post by umar744 »

MY DEAREST ALL BROTHER AND SISTER IN ISLAM
SALAM
TODAY MY OLD FRIEND CAPT.ASIF SENT SMS TEXT MESSAGE ME PLEASE FILM MY VIDEO CAMERA AND MY PHOTOGRAPHY HIS FLIGHT NUMBER BOEING 002 AIRCRAFT REGISTRATION IS AP-BGY TOOK OFF FROM HONG KONG AT GMT 1400HOURS TO LHR LONDON HEATHROW AIRPORT TOMORROW AFTERNOON ARRIVE LHR TIME 1230-1250PM. PLEASE PHOTO AND VIDEO IT TOMORROW THURSDAY 10TH NOVEMBER GOOD LUCK. I WILL MEET CAPT.ASIF AND BOEING TEAM AT PIA FLIGHT OPERATIONS HAPPY SMILE
MAY GOD BLESS ALL YOU AND HAPPY EID MUBARAK
WITH LOTS OF LOVE
UMAR
umar744
Registered Member

BOEING NEWS

Post by umar744 »

HONG KONG, Nov. 9, 2005 - The Boeing Company [NYSE: BA] is set to make aviation history today when a Boeing 777-200LR Worldliner takes off from Hong Kong flying eastbound to London, attempting to set a world distance record. The 777-200LR (Longer Range) will take off with a full load of fuel and 35 passengers and crew, flying nonstop on a route that is likely to exceed a distance of more than halfway around the world.

"The record distance flight is a demonstration of the outstanding operating efficiency and reliability of the Boeing 777-200LR Worldliner," said Lars Andersen, 777 Program vice president and program manager. "The Worldliner uses less fuel to fly farther, carry more passengers, more comfortably and with more revenue cargo than any other commercial jetliner."

A representative from the United States National Aeronautics Association will fly with the airplane to monitor the record attempt. In addition, representatives of the Guinness Book of Records will meet the airplane when it lands. The record-breaking flight is part of the inaugural "Guinness World Records Day" on Nov. 9, a day which is dedicated to record attempting throughout the world. Guinness World Records representatives will be monitoring the flight's progress and meeting it upon landing at Heathrow to present it with the Guinness World Record certificate.

"The flight plan we have in place will allow us to set a new distance record well above the current one," said Capt. Suzanna Darcy-Hennemann, the project pilot leader for the 777-200LR record flight attempt. "I'm honored to be among the team of outstanding Boeing people who have made this historic flight possible."

The Worldliner's flight is expected to last about 23 hours and cover more than 11,000 nautical miles (20,300 km). Two sets of pilot crews will be required. Darcy-Hennemann will be at the controls of the 777-200LR along with Capt. Frank Santoni, chief pilot for the 777 Program, when the airplane takes off from Hong Kong. Capt. John Cashman and Capt. Randy Austin are the additional Boeing pilots who will fly the airplane.

In addition to the crew, passengers onboard the flight include Boeing executives, journalists from media organizations around the world, pilots from Pakistan International Airlines and Singapore Airlines, and representatives from General Electric Aircraft Engines, the maker of the efficient and reliable GE90-115B engines that power the 777-200LR and 777-300ER (Extended Range).

The 777-200LR will fly farther than any previous commercial jetliner and will surpass two notable current distance records. For an airplane its size and class, the 777-200LR will break and replace the current distance record set by a 747-400 in 1989 that flew 9,200 nautical miles (17,039 km) nonstop from London to Sydney. Also, the 777-200LR is expected to exceed the distance traveled by a 777-200ER (Extended Range) that flew 10,823 nautical miles (20,044 km) from Seattle to Kuala Lumpur in 1997, setting a speed and distance record. This record will continue to stand because the 777-200ER was classified in a lighter-weight category for its record attempt.

In addition to GE, Boeing continues its marketing partnerships for the 777-200LR world record flight with Motorola, Bose, AeroMobile, Thales and Teague.

The 777-200LR, capable of connecting virtually any two cities around the globe, is the fifth 777 model. In service, it can carry 301 passengers and baggage up to 9,420 nautical miles (17,445 kilometers).

The first 777-200LR will be delivered to Pakistan International Airlines in early 2006. In addition, EVA Air, Qatar Airways and Air India have announced orders or commitments for the 777-200LR. To date, 42 airlines around the world have ordered more than 700 777s
Moin
Registered Member

Post by Moin »

Will this a/c be in the Boeing demo scheme or has it been painted in PIA colors?
Moin Abbasi
pakiaviator
Banned

Post by pakiaviator »

its in boeing version
AirBlue
Registered Member

Post by AirBlue »

dont you think they should be flying from anywhere in the world to any airport in pakistan as it is a pakistani aircraft now, being BGY and the crew is also PIA's?
Abbas Ali
Site Admin

Post by Abbas Ali »

Moin wrote:Will this a/c be in the Boeing demo scheme or has it been painted in PIA colors?
At present the aircraft is sporting Boeing's Worldliner livery and American registration mark.

In this photo released by Boeing, passengers pose in front of a Boeing 777-200LR before taking off at the Hong Kong airport Wed. Nov. 9, 2005. Boeing attempts to break a world record Wednesday by flying its new long-distance 777-200LR plane non-stop from Hong Kong east to London, farther than any previous commercial jet. (AP Photo/Boeing, HO)
Dil Dil Pakistan... Jaan Jaan Pakistan

See you at:
umar744
Registered Member

Flight SIG775 N6066Z landed 1311hours LHR

Post by umar744 »

salam
today i filmed video 777LR overfly my flat at 1311hours
tonight i will transfer from video to picture to abbasi ali
inshallah
love
umar
AP-BGL
Registered Member

Post by AP-BGL »

AirBlue wrote:dont you think they should be flying from anywhere in the world to any airport in pakistan as it is a pakistani aircraft now, being BGY and the crew is also PIA's?
If it is then it should wear a Pakistani colour scheme! When is its deleivery scheduled?
Adnan
Abbas Ali
Site Admin

Post by Abbas Ali »

Photos of record breaking aircraft and PIA pilots sent by Muhammad Ali (forum member Aer Pakistan) have been posted in these two topics of 'PIA & Pakistan Aviation Photos Forum'.

Link 1: viewtopic.php?t=3889

Link 2: viewtopic.php?t=3890

umar744 wrote:salam
today i filmed video 777LR overfly my flat at 1311hours
tonight i will transfer from video to picture to abbasi ali
inshallah
love
umar
Umar, we look forward to see photos taken by you :)
Dil Dil Pakistan... Jaan Jaan Pakistan

See you at: