SIA to ISB

Discuss issues and news related to PIA, Pakistani airlines and Pakistan's civil & military aviation.
malpensa26
Registered Member

SIA to ISB

Post by malpensa26 »

Pakistani Prime Minister Aziz also pledged to open the country's skies, dominated by state-owned Pakistan International Airlines (PIA), to overseas carriers to support the national tourism drive.

The inauguration last week of Thai Airways International's third route in Pakistan _ Bangkok-Islamabad _ was part of the new policy.

THAI is the first Southeast Asian airline to operate into the capital of Pakistan. The airline has already been serving two other Pakistani cities from Bangkok _ Lahore and Karachi.

Of note, Mr Aziz told Mr Somchainuk, also acting president of THAI, that he had discussed with Singaporean Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong about the possibility of Singapore Airlines, THAI's arch-rival, offering flight services to Islamabad in the near future.
:lol:
http://www.bangkokpost.com/Business/07Nov2005_biz39.php
malpensa26
Registered Member

Post by malpensa26 »

opps forgot ?????? in the title :?
Valkyrie
Registered Member

Post by Valkyrie »

Finally, I can really make use of my free tickets!
Junaid
Registered Member

Post by Junaid »

Valkyrie, Do you work for SIA?
B777240ER
Registered Member

Post by B777240ER »

There is more demand KHI/LHE-SIN than ISB-SIN.
Valkyrie
Registered Member

Post by Valkyrie »

Junaid wrote:Valkyrie, Do you work for SIA?
Nope, but I did work for SATS during my term breaks in college. :lol: My mom was part of the early staff at SIA, so free tickets for the family is one of her benefits even after retirement.
Falcon598
Registered Member

Post by Falcon598 »

Valkyrie wrote:
Junaid wrote:Valkyrie, Do you work for SIA?
Nope, but I did work for SATS during my term breaks in college. :lol: My mom was part of the early staff at SIA, so free tickets for the family is one of her benefits even after retirement.
That's a nice policy.
Mudassar
Registered Member

Post by Mudassar »

Two or three days ago it was reported in the local media that there was a meeting between the Singapore Airlines Chairman and Pakistan PM. There were no further details as to what was discussed or agreed but obvious topic would be SIA interest in Pakistan. Does anyone of you have more information?